Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Isfp
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this thread because Dirk Gently is an amazing series that needs to be appreciated a bit more :heart:
Personally I enjoyed every episode and I really love the characters :heart:
I'm awful at typing but I really want to meet some fan DGHDA so here are my ideas for the main characters:

Dirk Gently: Entp
I'm quite sure that he's an extrovert and his Ne is so so evident. Moreover I think that he has a developed Fe, he's quite attentive toward the other people in general, even though he doesn't seem an expert of emotions and relationships he kind of understand what is going on around him and he definetely needs to be appreciated and considered by his friends.

Todd Brotzman: Xstp
Ok, this one is a bit hard, I don't know if he's an E or I... I can just think of Se because he's ready to give a quick answer at any situation and for his great love for music. But I really like the idea of an inferior Ni for him: he doesn't think about his future at all: first when he lied to his family in order to live with their money (I mean someday his parents would finish their money and he doesn't think that he could end up living a miserable life), than when Amanda catch the disease he's ready (Se?) to find a job and to start a really miserable life, without even trying to find a better job or a way to save some money and so on. Long story short: I think he's very responsive to reality, to what he sees and he even create theories about that (for example, in the second series the bunny or the spot of humidity), but he doesn't have a long term vision.

Amanda Brotzman: Isfp
I think that she has Se, she takes things as she sees them, she doesn't look for hidden reasons (in fact she had never had doubts about her brother), she's thrilled when she finds out that her brother is working on a case and doing cool stuff with Dirk and Farah and she enjoys physical activities but she also has some kind of intuition (for example she immediately feels that Dirk and the Rowdy 3 are good guys).

Farah Black: Isxj
I'd say more Isfj since she's very concerned with what her family expects from her and in general she's very affected by her own emotions.

·
May Child
1,123 Posts
Not sure about the new series, but Dirk in the original series and the book was an xNTP, so I wouldn't be surprised if he still is in the new show.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I really liked this show, even though I'm not too fond of making Dirk some sort of superpowered being and changing his personality into more user-friendly than in the books - INTP in the books, in this show definitely ENxP, I even consider ENFP more likely (he cares too much about everything in the show - in the books he was mostly annoyed and lazy). That said, I did enjoy Blackwing and the other "projects".
The show is filled with percievers, mostly xxFPs (Dirk, Amanda, Bart, Mona, Hugo...), that's why it's so crazy.

·
Registered
Isfp
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure about the new series, but Dirk in the original series and the book was an xNTP, so I wouldn't be surprised if he still is in the new show.
From what I heard (never watched the original series nor read the books) they say that in this series he's more outgoing (and I mean he's very extrovert and funny).
I'm not too fond of making Dirk some sort of superpowered being and changing his personality into more user-friendly than in the books
I liked him a lot because he's very different from the detectives we see on tv, you know, those cold guys who can't relate properly with people with a huge brain etc etc etc. Well it was funny to watch a guy who doesn't really know what he's doing ahahahah
That said, I did enjoy Blackwing and the other "projects".
The show is filled with percievers, mostly xxFPs (Dirk, Amanda, Bart, Mona, Hugo...), that's why it's so crazy.
Yep, they only J in the show is Farah I think.
By the way I add:

Bart Curlish: Entp
The insane version of Dirk :laughing:

Ken Adams: Exxx
I'll go with the extrovert, but it's quite difficult to understand what are his functions. In the second series he changed a lot, he showed that he's quite smart and capable to take the control of the situation but still, I don't have any idea about him.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bart Curlish: Entp
The insane version of Dirk :laughing:
Bart seemes as a Fi-user to me too - might be 'cause she resembles Orphan Black's Helena so much which makes me wanna type them the same though...

·
Registered
Isfp
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bart seemes as a Fi-user to me too
So a weird Enfp? :laughing:
To be honest it isn't a bad idea, I've rewatched a bit the show and I'm quite sure about Dirk being Entp but I agree with the fact that Bart has zero Fe :laughing:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts