·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You smart people!
So cold when you're busy!
*throws stick*

xD

I've been in a slump lately and things seem to just keep going wrong, so I've been dumping emotionally on my ESTJ lately.

We were seeing each other a lot this past week, mostly initiated by him. I think I might have gone too far with my emotions and he's not contacting me back. It also might be that he has a midterm today, so he's probably busy studying.

Do you ever withdraw from a situation that didn't make you feel good or when you're busy? Especially to a significant other?

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
To be honest, he's probably just busy and doesn't want to be distracted. I doubt it's intended to offend.

But to answer your question, yes, I do have times where I withdraw from situations/people, especially if they are emotionally charged. The simple reason is that I need a break to recharge and process the information/situation. If I'm constantly intaking, I don't have time to sort it out mentally.

Think of it like eating hamburgers. Even if you absolutely love hamburgers, you don't want to eat them all the time, every day, for every meal. You want a break every now and then to enjoy the feeling of having eaten the hamburger. Sometimes the act of reflecting on the meal is more enjoyable than the meal itself.

And I apologize for comparing your relationship to hamburgers. Sometimes my love for food gets in the way of a good-intentioned post.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest, he's probably just busy and doesn't want to be distracted. I doubt it's intended to offend.
I hope so! I'll just wait it out cuz I'm pretty busy too. I'm used to him chatting to me every day, though. But I guess some time off from each other shouldn't be so bad. :)

And I apologize for comparing your relationship to hamburgers. Sometimes my love for food gets in the way of a good-intentioned post.
No worries! Anything involving food instantly wins my attention!! :D :D

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you ended up being super busy, would you disappear for a while? And if so, do you appreciate the time for yourself and also appreciate it if your s/o doesn't worry so much that you're busy?

I'm a little frantic because I'm used to him always being responsive to me. I usually get a clear heads up that he's gonna be busy, but now I just feel like he disappeared into thin air. I feel like a lonely abandoned ENFP, but trying hard to fight all the crazy ideas. >.<

Hopefully my mind is just having wild imaginations and he's not really ignoring me. xD

But this makes me worry. @[email protected]

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
You smart people!
I don't want to ruin the fun, but I have a problem with general compliment. It's one of my pet peeves.

So cold when you're busy!
*throws stick*

xD

I've been in a slump lately and things seem to just keep going wrong, so I've been dumping emotionally on my ESTJ lately.

We were seeing each other a lot this past week, mostly initiated by him. I think I might have gone too far with my emotions and he's not contacting me back. It also might be that he has a midterm today, so he's probably busy studying.

Do you ever withdraw from a situation that didn't make you feel good or when you're busy? Especially to a significant other?
I usually rejecting phone calls and ignoring texts and chats when I'm busy. It's nothing personal, I just don't like distraction because I'm not able to multitasking things. One thing at a time. You'll have his time eventually.

Reactions: Ahiko

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't want to ruin the fun, but I have a problem with general compliment. It's one of my pet peeves.

I usually rejecting phone calls and ignoring texts and chats when I'm busy. It's nothing personal, I just don't like distraction because I'm not able to multitasking things. One thing at a time. You'll have his time eventually.
No offense taken! It's been an off day, so I've been trying to cheer myself up by trying to add humor. Thanks for being honest about your peeves. I really appreciate it. :)

I guess the only thing to really do is wait & make good use of my time. *crosses fingers*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts