Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this person who likes to disappear for a few weeks at a time to "recharge." I do this. and I know my INTJ friends do this, too. However this person I know likes to announce that he will be "away" for awhile to take a break from life and recharge, and that he will be back soon.

This person has ENTJ tendencies... so I'm wondering to all the other ENTJs-- do you do this??

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, by disappear, i dont mean isolation... but more like... removing yourself from contact of people you already know. Like he'll go and spend a few days to a few weeks in a new city/elsewhere, but not in isolation (just away from everyone in life and life as he knows it)

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Well, I spend 7 weeks overseas every year so I can see my dad, I wonder if that counts...

·
Registered
648 Posts
If they are an ENTJ, possible they have low extroversion.
Also possible they could have high stress.

Cant say I enjoy weeks at a time of being on my own.
I can go a week with no problem but it's preferred that I dont. I typically like being social and going out, but there are times (particularly if the people I usually see aren't around) that Ill mellow out for a week or so.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I know this person who likes to disappear for a few weeks at a time to "recharge." I do this. and I know my INTJ friends do this, too. However this person I know likes to announce that he will be "away" for awhile to take a break from life and recharge, and that he will be back soon.

This person has ENTJ tendencies... so I'm wondering to all the other ENTJs-- do you do this??
I do this sometimes. But a lot of the time it's not so much that I'm not around people at all, it's just different people.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Other ENTJs have probably had the experience of "going underwater" -- shutting everyone out, getting in the zone, completing a lot of tasks. If so, we definitely need to "surface" to chill with others, like a whale getting oxygen, which recharges the batteries.

Of course, batteries come in different sizes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Disappearing to recharge?

Being around people (who I like :wink:) IS one of the ways that I recharge. I can't think of a better way to recharge than watching movies with my favourite people; hanging out having an awesome night IN with my close friends, discussing politics and the general decay of society. I also dig making dinner and drinks and getting creative about it, or getting take away from a restaurant none of us have tried yet. Now, I'm not saying your friend doesn't like you, I am implying that by definition, that is not an E trait. You said yourself, you and your other I preferring friend are the ones who are prone to do that. Perhaps you should reevaluate your suspected type for him. Or...

He is clearly living an awesome double life.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Some weekends I do isolate myself in my apartment and just gaze out the window. I know it's weird but it relaxes me. It's not every weekend but it happens enough that I wonder if I'm an INTJ with developed communication skills.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Some weekends I do isolate myself in my apartment and just gaze out the window. I know it's weird but it relaxes me. It's not every weekend but it happens enough that I wonder if I'm an INTJ with developed communication skills.
It's not just you.
I think I have pretty low extroversion at times, unlike my ENTP friend who cannot get enough of people.
I tend to enjoy my solitary times for a couple days or a weekend.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Yes. I think it's more like, in the sense of detaching contact with people and the world. Probably can be visualized like cables of data streaming to the brain on how I usually deal with other people and concerns. Is x running smoothly? How about project-z? Is y's problem with her man/family/work settles yet?

Instead of introversion, in my case I'm more inclined to think it's because of extraversion + managing tendencies. My E is pretty high, and I like people, but at one point you have to stop, cease contact and regroup. It can get confusing.

(BTW I suspect that NTJs look more unique in taking these breaks because we don't care that much about social propriety, ie. leaving people to their own devices/ being 'selfish' and run off)

Reactions: Rachelishere
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.