Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had general type confusion for awhile, because I have always scored high on intuition(usually introverted), yet I identify with both iNfj and iNtj characteristics, while having been typed intp and enfp before, too. I would like to take an alternative approach to typing, but I would need some help. I know what my parenting function appears as, but I'm not sure which functional symbol is would be associated with, nor what it would be labeled. I can provide examples, but as for the association.. that's where I need you guys. I'm usually good at recognizing trends and attributing symbolic meaning, however, my consciousness is so biased towards one thing or another in any given moment, this alludes me. And I'm not sure if the value can even be attributed to one individual function, or a cluster...

Examples of things I've posted on fb naturally, or said irl then posted on fb because I thought others might find them informative, amusing, or otherwise gain some insight from,too:

-"It's a shame the argument that 'makes the most sense' wins, because sometimes the truth isn't that complex. Sometimes with truth, there's no sense to be made."

-"If you live a perfectly balanced life, how can you ever be exceptional at anything? Morever, how can you moderate emotions, which are distinct from rationality?"

‎-"Why do you clean so much." "This place is a mess, look at it!" "But this place will always be a mess. You know why?" "Why? ._." "Because your ideal is so high, your peace will always be out of reach." In retrospect, not the best thing to tell your mother.

-"technically speaking, that's because your name is the same in the japanese and american anime/manga, raito/lights fans are divided/distributed into many non-dominant fan pages, therefore his collective following can't be accredited to one p...age... and while that may be the same for your character, your page is much more clearly dominant. And you may get fans because of the quotes you post that everybody attributes to the characters person with the frequent lack of citations. ...Your statistics may be wrong. btw, did you know 73.6% of statistics are BSed?"

-"Jacqueline Guerrero I kind of feel like L is barack obama, symbolically, and people will like whatever he says because they don't take in the meaning so much as associate with the fact he's some sort of celebrity and icon, and people think most things that com...e out of his mouth are some form of more objective justice or another, and if you look at the past posts, you will find most people assume the quotes he posts are his own as opposed to being references to other material, and they base their approval of his image on that assumption or use that to affirm their approval/ideals. The danger is, if you say something shady, people might still associate that with that objective justice... whoever runs this pages holds a scary amount of power, and too many people don't check their facts/ think for themselves... but isn't this true in general for at least my country, who idolize more than they analyze? And I'm saying "he" for the sake of convinience, because whoever owns this page may or may not be a guy. btw, do you realize this, L?"
~~~
So based upon these examples of me in my natural mode of dealing with external reality/attempting project my understanding, what does your intuition/judgement say?​

Thanks for the help,
~Jacqui~

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
"It's a shame the argument that 'makes the most sense' wins, because sometimes the truth isn't that complex. Sometimes with truth, there's no sense to be made." - Ni is associated with belief or being able to just believe something without knowing how or why it works, knowing end solution without knowing the steps, understanding entire model without knowing its components, making sense of seemingly paradoxical things. "This is so without sense to be made".

"If you live a perfectly balanced life, how can you ever be exceptional at anything? Morever, how can you moderate emotions, which are distinct from rationality?" - Ni looking at things from different perspectives.

‎-"Why do you clean so much." "This place is a mess, look at it!" "But this place will always be a mess. You know why?" "Why? ._." "Because your ideal is so high, your peace will always be out of reach." In retrospect, not the best thing to tell your mother. - Ni inspecting patterns of the past and giving a sense of predetermination. "Things have been this way in past and will always be this way". Ni-Fe inspecting a particular pattern in this person's behavior and making a 'prophetic' statement about them.

in the other quote taken out of context it is somewhat difficult to tell what exactly you were trying to say
but needless to say that inspecting how things have worked in past and projecting them into future or informing people about their workings is a very Ni-Ti thing to do

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"It's a shame the argument that 'makes the most sense' wins, because sometimes the truth isn't that complex. Sometimes with truth, there's no sense to be made." - Ni is associated with belief or being able to just believe something without knowing how or why it works, knowing end solution without knowing the steps, understanding entire model without knowing its components, making sense of seemingly paradoxical things. "This is so without sense to be made".

"If you live a perfectly balanced life, how can you ever be exceptional at anything? Morever, how can you moderate emotions, which are distinct from rationality?" - Ni looking at things from different perspectives.

‎-"Why do you clean so much." "This place is a mess, look at it!" "But this place will always be a mess. You know why?" "Why? ._." "Because your ideal is so high, your peace will always be out of reach." In retrospect, not the best thing to tell your mother. - Ni inspecting patterns of the past and giving a sense of predetermination. "Things have been this way in past and will always be this way". Ni-Fe inspecting a particular pattern in this person's behavior and making a 'prophetic' statement about them.

in the other quote taken out of context it is somewhat difficult to tell what exactly you were trying to say
but needless to say that inspecting how things have worked in past and projecting them into future or informing people about their workings is a very Ni-Ti thing to do

yeah, I was kind of iffy about whether or not I should include the out of context one, but I felt it symbolized something different than the others, and since it was a prominent aspect of my general mode of reacting to things... I thought I should include it. Gee, the way you phrase it, I really seem iNfj.. 'cause Ni is the main recurring theme, and the others.. well.. you know. I still feel kind of.. shaky, though, because.. there are some parts of the description of other types that suit me, too, but I've heard this is ironically a typical problem w/iNfjs anyways. Sometimes I go into denail about my iNfj-... almost said iNfj-like. I should stop that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts