Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I can't say I agree. The implicit assumption that the author seems to be making is that face to face is superior to computer based forms of communication, and that the purpose of facebook is to make us happier. I tend to believe both are somewhat biased views of what leads to the good life.

I would think that if the author were to discuss people writing richly written letters to one another, he would view it somewhat warmly, which makes me think that he doesn't use facebook in that way (which facebook or twitter don't do well, regardless, as compared to say, a forum or blog).

·
Registered
885 Posts
I dont see a problem with a balance. Each can have benefits, and each can pose challenges that the other can help overcome, depending on the people involved.

Electronic interaction cannot give us that warm hug or gentle touch from a significant other. While that isnt important for some folks, that cant be simulated electronically for those that want it.

On the other hand, electronic interaction affords some people the opportunity to be more open and less shy, something they may find impossible in person.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
how could I ever talk to people structured by MBTI types irl ?

perc = sorting device for what I want to learn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts