Personality Cafe banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I use discord quite a bit now. Didn't until a few months ago and I was introduced to it. It's been a really good experience so far. Similar features as forums, but more direct and personal.
You’re back Dad? Hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
MOTM Jan 2015
10,308 Posts
I don't get the appeal. This site is fun because people go all diary entry - and thought out thoughts - which is something I enjoy, and enjoy reading. Skype is fun because it tends to be more intimate - a progression of existing online relationships. Discord is an between and I'm not sure why I'm supposed to care about real time chat with random's there. I'd rather just talk to them in person. There's nothing unique about the online experience.

I think it could be fun for gaming though. And you can build international communities, which is always kinda interesting, though the moderation I've encountered has been more cultish, and diversity isn't valued. So it feels like you could be talking to anyone.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with friendships ending? Is there some sort of contract that people sign that "oh no we must be frands forever?"

---

I use discord quite a bit now. Didn't until a few months ago and I was introduced to it. It's been a really good experience so far. Similar features as forums, but more direct and personal.
I'm just saying I've seen almost all the servers I've been on turn to shit and the people involved put in an awkward position lol

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
I'm just saying I've seen almost all the servers I've been on turn to shit and the people involved put in an awkward position lol
If that's your experience of the servers you've been on, then it might be prudent to look at the commonality on all those servers :eek:h: (I'm kidding lol).

My experience has been mixed, but much more on the better side overall. I'm kinda quick to leave servers that indicate a bad mix of personalities.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
If that's your experience of the servers you've been on, then it might be prudent to look at the commonality on all those servers :eek:h: (I'm kidding lol).

My experience has been mixed, but much more on the better side overall. I'm kinda quick to leave servers that indicate a bad mix of personalities.
Hey, just because I threaten a mod or two and try to make people fight for my entertainment doesn't mean that they should.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts