Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your biggest pet peeves, and how much do they relate specifically to your type?
(any type is welcome to dish here!)

I will start: I hate it when someone talks a big game and never follows through! As a strong "J" I like things to be planned and followed through on. I can be flexible but this just drives me batty! x-o

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
When someone speeds to get around me when I'm driving and then they slow down to below the speed limit... grrrrrrrrr

I don't like repeating myself.

I wish my short term memory was stronger. It really bugs me to forget things.

Did I mention I don't like repeating myself?

-ZDD

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone else get peeved when someone asks you for advice, then you feel like you've given really good, sound advice - then they don't follow it? :-(

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
I used to, but then I learned that sometimes people are just looking for someone to care rather than actually take advice. These days if someone asks me for advice I try to walk them through answering their own question rather than saying how "I" would do it.

The auditory nerves work slower than someone thinks, so having them say out loud the question often gets them to listen to their own question and come up with a solution. When you say things "in your head" they often sound different when spoken out loud.

When I need to memorize something I say itsilently and then practice saying it out loud so I hear it. Same idea applies here.

People rarely take advice, for many differentreasons. Unless they immediately act on the advice, it is often dismissed. The important thing to remember is there is NO FAULT if someone doesn't take advice you have given. It's just the way we are programmed. Try not to internalize it; you most likely didn't do anything"wrong".

- ZDD

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to, but then I learned that sometimes people are just looking for someone to care rather than actually take advice. These days if someone asks me for advice I try to walk them through answering their own question rather than saying how "I" would do it.

The auditory nerves work slower than someone thinks, so having them say out loud the question often gets them to listen to their own question and come up with a solution. When you say things "in your head" they often sound different when spoken out loud.

When I need to memorize something I say itsilently and then practice saying it out loud so I hear it. Same idea applies here.

People rarely take advice, for many differentreasons. Unless they immediately act on the advice, it is often dismissed. The important thing to remember is there is NO FAULT if someone doesn't take advice you have given. It's just the way we are programmed. Try not to internalize it; you most likely didn't do anything"wrong".

- ZDD
Now THIS is great advice. I will take it. :) Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is it too late to add on to this?

I HATE it when people can't clean up after themselves. I make it a point whenever I rent out my spare room to someone new, to really stress the fact that I have high standards for cleaning. Now I do take on most of the cleaning responsibility myself because I do like things to be done a certain way (i.e. folding the towels, putting dishes in their proper place etc) however I find it incredibly annoying when people can't pick up after themselves. Currently my roommates hoard dishes in their room, then put them in the empty sink after a few days, instead of rinsing them and putting them in the empty dishwasher. She will not clean out her hair wad from the shower drain, he won't recycle even after I've asked him at least 5 different times. They clean their room then put their trash in the kitchen trash can (never mind most of the stuff goes into recycling) and fill it to where it is overflowing, but will wait until I take it out. They will wipe the counters off onto the rug that I just vacuumed an hour before. These are all things that I've mentioned to them before.

The fuse box is in their room, and I went in there once to flip the switch while they were out of town for 5 days, only to see her hair gel split all over the floor just left there.

DRIVES ME FREAKIN NUTS!

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
They do, it's true !!! I was looking for a small bowl the other day and someone had put them on top of the saucers rather than the same place they had been for 15 years. I thought I was losing my mind...

-ZDD

·
Registered
797 Posts
My pet peeve is friends blowing me off. Ugh, why make the plans if you're just going to cancel at the last minute or forget about them? This is the biggest thing that bugs me about certain perceivers, but it isn't even because of my judging preference (I'm not a very strong J anyway). It insults my Fe because it just smacks of disrespect for the other person.

·
Banned
40 Posts
I can't stand tiles and dirt. Ever since I took swimming lessons as a 3 year old and there were thousands of wet tiles around on the floor, I have had a huge pet peeve of tiles. Also very dirty things, like I had this glass of milk that I drank most of the way, but I put out cigarettes in. And the milk got all rancid and what I can only describe as murky+

Like for some reason I feel a compulsion to lick the tile and to drink that drink but with that there is a huge fear and the thought that I should just get it over with, but it's so strong and it's disgusting and it's just the biggest annoyance

I also hate it when people clip their nails in front of me. I can't stand it that I can't think while others are talking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My pet peeve is friends blowing me off. Ugh, why make the plans if you're just going to cancel at the last minute or forget about them? This is the biggest thing that bugs me about certain perceivers, but it isn't even because of my judging preference (I'm not a very strong J anyway). It insults my Fe because it just smacks of disrespect for the other person.

YES! So annoying when people can't follow through. With plans, chores, errands, anything really. You can't expect much from anyone who can't do what the say and say what they do.

More roommate complaints..... leaving their food out all night and expecting ME to put it away, without even saying "hey I saw that your put our dinner we left all over the counter away multiple times this week, thanks for covering our asses"

Saying one thing, then doing another is really annoying. Like saying if you're going to be gone during the weekends then not leave. I guess that's following through. Can you tell I really can't stand my roommates. Good thing they are only temp and moving out this weekend. Longest 3 months ever.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh and he has ZERO backbone. He goes to her all the time to have her talk to me, so it goes something like this "well he would like to know......" Even though he and I are the only ones home all day long and she is always at work. She calls me to ask a question for him while he is in the next room. Grow a freakin spine man!

·
Registered
682 Posts
I can't stand bad acting. As ESFJs, we're so genuine with our emotions, so I can't stand it when it comes off as fake. Good actors are supposed to make those emotions real! Bad acting makes me despise the actor and every character he or she ever portrays.
For me I just laugh and laugh and laugh... it's so bad, it's freakin' hilarious! But I also laugh at the way you put it, "Bad acting makes me despise the actor and every character he or she ever portrays." XD

I'm an ENFP and I have to say I wear my heart on my sleeve most of the time.

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
I can't stand bad acting. As ESFJs, we're so genuine with our emotions, so I can't stand it when it comes off as fake. Good actors are supposed to make those emotions real! Bad acting makes me despise the actor and every character he or she ever portrays.
THIS X 1000000

Elisabeth Shue, I'm looking at you!!

lol

-ZDD

1 - 20 of 29 Posts