Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 699 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Marlin's an ISFJ. He's constantly coming up with negatie possibilities throughout the movie. Kim's probably an ESTP with good Fe while Ron's definitely some Fi user. I agree with you for the most part though.
From what I understand, N's plan for the future and S's are more short sighted. from that point, Marlin seems like an N to me; so that is why I put it.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
From what I understand, N's plan for the future and S's are more short sighted. from that point, Marlin seems like an N to me; so that is why I put it.
That has more to do with J vs. P than N vs. S.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I always thought Kim was an ESFJ. She's very smart and a good problem solver but nothing she did screamed intuitive to me. She's very good at fitting into society and a lot of her troubles come from when she can't which seems very ESFJ.

I think Ron's an ENFP.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I always thought Kim was an ESFJ. She's very smart and a good problem solver but nothing she did screamed intuitive to me. She's very good at fitting into society and a lot of her troubles come from when she can't which seems very ESFJ.
Intution tends to be very personal, and we don't really see alot of Kim's personal thoughts.

However, she is an overachiever, and dually a super spy. This tends to leave me with Ni, and Se. She seems incredibly action orientated even though, she also seemingly has plans.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Why does everyone type Arielle as ENFP.....don´t you think she has a lot of Se?
Yes, she could never really see future consequences for anything. Everything she did was entirely in the moment. ESFP fits very well.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I watched Hercules the other day and my thoughts were as follows:

Hercules - ISFP
Megora - ESFJ
Hades - INTP
Philoctetes - ENFP
Zeus - ESFP? Not sold on it, but it works. ESTP could work as well. Seems too free-spirited and spontaneous to be a J.
I'll go with ESTP, on the sole basis that it spaces the characters out more.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I understand why you might think that, but I'm more of the thoughts that Belle is an ENFP. :)
I think Belle is INFP. She's introvert because she's with her head in the books all the time. Also, she sees the good in the Beast through the hideous visage. Also because to reach peace one ought to use peace to get there, and that is the style she uses. Her emotions are quite inward focused and she sees the possibilities of everything. She's curious to find out things.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I think Belle is INFP. She's introvert because she's with her head in the books all the time. Also, she sees the good in the Beast through the hideous visage. Also because to reach peace one ought to use peace to get there, and that is the style she uses. Her emotions are quite inward focused and she sees the possibilities of everything. She's curious to find out things.
ENFP and INFP are the same functions but in different orders.
In terms of if Belle is an extrovert or an introvert, her being extremely unhappy with the life that she lives in the town, and wanting to go out into the world strikes me to be very extroverted. Being seen as weird or different, doesn't mean you're an extrovert. Surely her love of the Beast is extroverted, as she perceives him in ways and then feels differently due to that, rather than through perhaps deep thinking about him.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
ENFP and INFP are the same functions but in different orders.
In terms of if Belle is an extrovert or an introvert, her being extremely unhappy with the life that she lives in the town, and wanting to go out into the world strikes me to be very extroverted. Being seen as weird or different, doesn't mean you're an extrovert. Surely her love of the Beast is extroverted, as she perceives him in ways and then feels differently due to that, rather than through perhaps deep thinking about him.
I agree with this. ENFPs are called introverted extraverts for a reason. I think an INFP, with tertiary Si, wouldn't yearn for so much change like Belle did at the beginning of the movie.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Really hard to type the other characters but if you all want to take a stab at it, that would be cool too. I also thought I'd add The Incredibles:

Bob: ENFP
Helen: ENTJ
Violet: INFP
Dash: ESTP
Syndrome: INTJ
Edna: ENTP
Lucious: ESTP

And right now, that's the best I can do. The next Disney movie on my list to watch (again) is Tangled but I do know that Rapunzel is very much an ENFP and Flynn/Eugene is an ENTP who seems to enjoy acting like an ESTP.
Bob: ISFP, while I agree he has Fi I don't see him as a lead Pe user, in particular not Ne.
Helen: ESFJ, I see it more though than ENTJ if I'm honest
Dash: ENTP (Controversial maybe, but when you hear him speak he seems to be using a lot of Ne rather than Se)
Syndrome: INFJ, he seems to use Ti more than Te or Fi if I'm honest.
Lucius: INTJ (FP/TJ relationship seems possible with Bob), although friendly he doesn't seem overly gregarious. Plus Samuel L Jackson seems to be playing a G rated version of himself who I think is this type.

I just realized everyone in the Lion King is African and most likely anthropomorphically black :blushed: Its one of my favourite films independent of this fact because the story is not racially dependent.

Mufasa: ENFJ
Zazu: ISTJ
Rafiki: INFJ
Simbaa: ESFP
Timon: ENTP
Pumbaa: ISFP
Scar: INTP (For all the evil overlord ideas that seem to be thrown around he doesn't really seem to have a distinctive plan. He seem kinda comfortable just playing with the idea of people)
Nala: ESFJ?
Sarabi (Simba's Mother): ESFJ? No idea, but I still think she needs typing. Only thing I'm reasonably certain of is FJ. I can't see her as INFJ though

As for the sequel; The Lion King II: Simba's Pride
Kiara: ENFP?
Kovu: ENTJ, slightly more confident in that

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Bob: ISFP, while I agree he has Fi I don't see him as a lead Pe user, in particular not Ne.
Helen: ESFJ, I see it more though than ENTJ if I'm honest
Dash: ENTP (Controversial maybe, but when you hear him speak he seems to be using a lot of Ne rather than Se)
Syndrome: INFJ, he seems to use Ti more than Te or Fi if I'm honest.
Lucius: INTJ (FP/TJ relationship seems possible with Bob), although friendly he doesn't seem overly gregarious. Plus Samuel L Jackson seems to be playing a G rated version of himself who I think is this type.

I just realized everyone in the Lion King is African and most likely anthropomorphically black :blushed: Its one of my favourite films independent of this fact because the story is not racially dependent.

Mufasa: ENFJ
Zazu: ISTJ
Rafiki: INFJ
Simbaa: ESFP
Timon: ENTP
Pumbaa: ISFP
Scar: INTP (For all the evil overlord ideas that seem to be thrown around he doesn't really seem to have a distinctive plan. He seem kinda comfortable just playing with the idea of people)
Nala: ESFJ?
Sarabi (Simba's Mother): ESFJ? No idea, but I still think she needs typing. Only thing I'm reasonably certain of is FJ. I can't see her as INFJ though

As for the sequel; The Lion King II: Simba's Pride
Kiara: ENFP?
Kovu: ENTJ, slightly more confident in that
I haven't seen "The Incredibles" since it was in theaters but I remembered thinking Mr. Incredible as an ISFP and Syndrome as an ENTP..the evil kind of ENTP, one with a damaged and kind of childish tertiary Fe.

I can debate types a little more confidentily for "The Lion King".

Mufasa - Agree with ENFJ.

Zazu - Probably ESTJ but ISTJ is second choice. Stern but not so stoic, also chatty..leaning towards ESTJ. He also reminds me of Sebastian from "The Little Mermaid" (who is an ESFJ) but less emotionally expressive.

Rafiki - ENFP or ENFJ.. despite being solitary and a tad quirky, he's definitely an Extrovert and I don't really see the "J", kind of playful and trollish, but I guess he could be a playful/trollish ENFJ.. you could argue that his primary function is Fe actually.

Simba - Seemed like an ESFP when he was young but an ISFP when he was older.. perhaps an ESFP repressing extroversion after the death of his father.

Timon - ENTP works, always filled with out-of-the-box ideas.

Pumbaa - ISFP works but could also see ESFP, not as extroverted as Timon but probably extroverted.

Scar - INTJ, coldly ambitious.. led an army of hyenas... I don't see how INTP works at all. I would have said ENTJ before INTP. Has strong desires to become king.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lol. Not saying you guys are wrong, in fact you are probably right but I am noticing a trend that any character you type as INTJ or INTP is usually the bad guy in the movie. Not laughing at you, laughing at the fact that the disney writers lack the creativity to cast such a character in any other light.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Lol. Not saying you guys are wrong, in fact you are probably right but I am noticing a trend that any character you type as INTJ or INTP is usually the bad guy in the movie. Not laughing at you, laughing at the fact that the disney writers lack the creativity to cast such a character in any other light.
Haha, most Disney Heroes are considered NF types and honestly in order to have a charismatic and brilliant villain most people put NT types.

Statistically, most people in the population are SJ and SP types and likely have felt the scorn of NT "villains" as a child.

The stereotypes go, NF is the protagonist, the one the inner child can appeal to, the one with a sense of wonder. NT is the villain the one that makes it all seem like their wonder is silly and can be explained, the one trying to master everything without regards for others. SJ are the parental figures and SP are the thrill seekers and friends of the protagonist.

Disney stories are all about wonder against logic.

61 - 80 of 699 Posts