Personality Cafe banner

101 - 120 of 699 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Just have to say we in the ISFP forum were talking about Snow White from Once Upon a Time, not the old cartoon. (That one's ESFJ, no question.) :)
Ah, thank you. We were also talking about the snow white from snow white and the huntsman.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ah, thank you. We were also talking about the snow white from snow white and the huntsman.
Ah, gotcha. I haven't seen Snow White and the Huntsman, & missed that discussion. :happy:

But the original Disney Snow White is not an ISFP at all.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
many people on the ISFP forum think that Snow White is an ISFP, and what makes you think cogsworth is an ISTJ?
Snow white to me is an ESFP because she has high energy, and is always surrounded by friends. Even under the queens wing she still has animal friends always around her. She enjoyed that and never liked being alone. Clearly extroverted.

Cogsworth is an ISTJ because he's always making sure people are doing what they should be doing. This is a common ISTJ trait. Remember at the beginning of the movie when belle's father came in the castle? Theres an example of it. He also seems to be very much about details. Thats on ISTJ trait. He's an introvert for sure. He does not like the limelight. I remember during the be our guest scene Lumiere pulled cogsworth into the dance and he got really shy and tried to run away. :D

·
Registered
5,245 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'll try with the Disney characters I knew better when I was a child.

Pooh: ENFP
Rabbit: ESTJ
Christopher Robin: ENFJ
Roo: ENFP
Tigger: ESFP
Eeyore: ISTJ
Owl: ENTJ
Piglet: ISFJ

Belle: ENFJ

Mickey Mouse: ENTP
Minnie: ESFP
Donald Duck: XNXP
Goofy: ENFP

Snow White: ? NFJ
Doc: ENTP
Grumpy: ISTJ
Sleepy: XSTX
Bashful: ISFJ?
Happy: ENFP
Sneezy: ESFP
Dopey: ENFP

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Lion King!

Mufasa- ENTJ, maybe ENFJ. There's obvious Je in his strict observance and defense of the boundaries of Pride Rock, and his devotion to his pride and the kingdom. He is pedagogical, even if mostly towards his son, and is a powerful leader only bested by his confidence or loyalty in and to those he ideally can trust. I speak mostly of Scar here. In both Mufasa's murder and his telling Simba that he was afraid he might lose him there is a clear directness and imposition (not bad) of a relationship where Mufasa forgets to fully consider what is on the mind of the other...eh to the last point
"Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance, and respect all the creatures from the crawling an to the leaping antelope."

Simba- ISFP. He's a warm, charming, friendly lion who dares to try new things and makes new friends easily. He's concerned about feeling good, and that extends to others he cares for. He is a bit slack on the Te denying/ignoring that he is hurting others in the society in which he has a real role, and would prefer ultimately to hang out in the jungle(?) with his friends and swing from vines singin' "Hakuna Matata". But he has a vision of himself, and he does aspire to great things. Let's not forget "I Just Can't Wait To Be King"

Nala- I'd have to rewatch but my guess is ISTP. I don't think she addresses her feelings except for when they are pulled out of her (usually by Simba ;p). She was at least once a fine proud fierce solitary huntress so I imagine she's got the ISP game going on. "Pinned ya, again" she says proud of her victory.

Zazu- ISTJ. Maybe we don't know enough about ole Zazu but he seems like an observant and loyal friend and server. I feel a sense of disappointment mixed with sympathy when Simba does wrong. He's a bit of a worrier too. Maybe ISFJ? "Ixnay on the upidstaay"

Rafiki- I've seen ENTP and INFJ most and I think him maybe the latter. I think his martial arts training and habit of meditation come off as the stereotype of focus maybe seen in an IxxJ, especially one using Se. I think of the fight scene and his throwing the backfist up to knock out the last hyena. He's an inspirer first of all. He dedicates his—what I guess is—working life under Mufasa but seems to take a strong personal interest in Simba and his well-being. Whatever he is, he's my favorite. He teaches lessons with a proverb and a swing of the stick. But he also lives alone in a baobab tree. I, Ni, Fe, Se? What about: "He's alive!"

Pumbaa Pumbaa and what we know of him seems to point to the Se lifestyle. In exaggeration he's a farter, a burper, an eater, a slurper and loves the good life. Yet, he remains a powerful, loyal fighter and can stand up for the cause. ESFP? Something about him reminds me of Yoshi. Maybe just being a mount for elsewhom.

Timon
ISTP? I'm not sure. I know little about Ti, especially first hand, but I imagine it's something like how Timon talks. He seems like a laid back guy but gets heated up in a moment's call. He also approaches things far more "rationally" like logically—and definitely in comparison to Simba and Pumbaa. Under the stars, Timon laughs at the unlikelihood (i'll call it) of the kings being in the night sky, and Pumbaa joins but later notices Simba got upset. He's a prankster at heart and lives in the moment too. Here's maybe some Ti/Fe "No no no, amateur. Lie down before you hurt yourself. It's 'You got to put your past behind you.'"

Scar INTJ. Need I say more? Evil bastard. (<3)

Shenzi, Banzai, Ed- I guess ESTJ, ESFJ, ESFP. I think they're all obvious reductions but Shenzi's got the straight-head and the leadership to be the demi-boss, Banzai is a bit more personable but still does the job. I think he sacrificed his ass on the spiky things or something. Ed... oh Ed :p. He finds humor in everything..

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Just random Disney characters that I can think of from the top of my head:

Merida: ESTP
Woody: ISTJ
Buzz Lightyear: ESTJ
Mufasa: ExTJ
Micky Mouse: ENFP
Winnie the Pooh: INFP
Mulan: ISTP
Marlin: ISTJ
Nemo: ENFP
Dory: ENFP

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would like to see more typing on the classic cartoons: Mickey/Donald/Goofy and related characters...

I don't remember those very well.

Goofy pls?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I meant ENTJ. Sorry. She could be ESTJ. I find her a bit tricky to type. .-.
agreed, she has always been the hardest for me to type, even more so than Mulan, who is also difficult. Jasmine is very believably a character but as it's not her movie we don't get to see her POV as much. I agree ENTJ so much though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Anyone want to try Wreck-It Ralph? I saw it on Sunday and liked it a lot! But I doubt I'll get it perfect so feel free to correct me.

Ralph: INFP (possibly ISFP but he seems like such an idealist)
Vanellope: ESxP (she's definitely a kid so I can't say whether she's a thinker or feeler but she comes off as a Se-dom to me)
Felix: ESFJ
Calhoun: ESTJ
Villain (no spoilers!): A really screwed up ENTJ I think
I also think those are correct, although does anyone else think Vanellope could be ENTP? I could be wrong (she does fit both types IMO) but the way she just instinctively knows she's mean to be a racer and win, seems more N to me.

and yes, she's a little smart aleck, but that's neither here nor there. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
agreed, she has always been the hardest for me to type, even more so than Mulan, who is also difficult. Jasmine is very believably a character but as it's not her movie we don't get to see her POV as much. I agree ENTJ so much though.
Exactly. The movie focuses more on Aladdin and the Genie. Some people think Jasmine is an ENTP but she's too feisty and has the "My way or the highway" attitude you know?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I also think those are correct, although does anyone else think Vanellope could be ENTP? I could be wrong (she does fit both types IMO) but the way she just instinctively knows she's mean to be a racer and win, seems more N to me.

and yes, she's a little smart aleck, but that's neither here nor there. :tongue:
Yeah, Vanellope is totally a little ENTP, even besides the fact that she's a mini Sarah Silverman :tongue:

I also think that Ralph has to be at least somewhat Se inclined. At least ISFP, if not ESFP. He is an idealist to an extent but not necessarily in the NF sense.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Let me try the Wreck-It-Ralph Characters:

Ralph: ESFP. Unhappy with the current reality of him living excluded from the group and parties, mostly a respect for his work, he takes this neglect very personally and tries to fix it, (Extroverted Sensing taking the lead of his introverted feeling and extroverted thinking). The problem is that he doesn't see the pattern of behavior that makes Felix a likeable character outside of his role in the game, (inferior Introverted Intuition).

Vanellope: ENTP! All the way! I have an ENTP friend who is way too like her. She seems unconcerned with how she doesn't fit in and sees it as more of the cherry on top (Tertiary Extroverted Feeling and Inferior Introverted Sensing). All she knows is that to her, racing is exciting and that it is what she is made for. She's quick to jump to conclusions and learn new things, such as how to drive a car (Extroverted Intuition).

Fix-It-Felix: Felix is a helper, only more vocal about it than an ISFJ would be. Being polite and courteous is something he maintaines throughout the entire movie (Fe) down to the routine of taking off his hat and introducing himself as a procedure that seems second nature (Si). And even though he catches on to discourse very well and tries to settle it, if something is not stated clearly, he has a hard time coming to a conclusion on his own, (a sign of inferior Ti).

Calhoun: She has one priority, protect the arcade from the Cybugs. It is the problem at hand that needs to be addressed and rather than go through procedure or routine, she just goes and handles the problem herself, (Ti's notion of problem solving mixed with Se's need for immediate action). And then it's pretty clear that she is not a people person, (Inferior Fe).

King Candy: Need for attention and showmanship, much less direct in attaining it though. I say ENFP. Aims for his own personal gain of what he values (Auxillary Fi) by a means of controlling his surroundings (Tertiary Te).

Gene: ESTJ. There is a system in place ("Good Guys win medals.") It is the real system (Te) that he lives by very personally (Si). It's much less about his values and more keeping to the system (Inferior Fi). He berates Wralph about his lack of insight of actions having consequences (Te and Si aided by Ne).

Sour-Bill: Very logic driven, seems less concerned with systems and more about what makes sense in the big picture. My guess is INTP.

Those are all the ones that seem inherently relevant to the story. But if anyone's curious, Tafyta seems an ESFJ. But I'm not too hung up on her. Let's get on to Disney's Next movie;

Frozen:
Anna: I was originally thinking ESTP while watching it, but ESFP seems more consistent. She is more concerned with Elsa shutting out the world as she is one who constantly embraces it (Dominant Se). She wants to help as her sister is important to her (Auxillary Fi). She perceives things to be in more in her control than they are (Tertiary Te) and... I don't actually have anything about how she uses Ni negatively,:blushed: but it's absence seems adequate enough as well.

Elsa: Elsa seems tricky as one might think she uses Si dominantly as she is scarred by her past and tries not to hurt anyone else and avoid the past from repeating itself. But I think she is more scarred by the future and the possibility of her hurting someone due to her understanding of how her powers are out of her control. So I think she uses Ni dominantly, which leads her to be an INFJ, with her Ni being supported by her Fe of keeping harmony and not letting others be harmed. Her fear of the future and is also linked to her inaction and shutting out the outside world, (Inferior Se).

Kristoph: Kristoph is actually a hard one. The best typing I've heard is an ISTJ. He is very concerned with his own procedure and how he sees the world rather than how it is ("An unforeseen circumstance has arisen, so I demand compensation, Mister Oaken.":shocked:) This seems Dominant Si. He's also driven by necessity and a sort of managing of his surroundings (agrees to guide Anna because she can stop the winter, meaning he can sell ice again. Continues to help Anna because he needs her to replace his sled.) Classic Te, which he uses as his Auxiliary. As the journey continues, he grows fond of Anna, Fi. He is unable to grasp how the "Unforeseen circumstances":rolleyes: changes the arbitrary concept of supply and demand, Inferior Ne.

Olaf: So warm and cuddly towards people and a need to help, Dominant Fe. But what is his second tool of thought, Ni or Si? I thought ESFJ, but he seems to find more satisfaction in a concept he hasn't seen, summer, which in his present circumstance (Se) is a future oriented concept that he draws from the contradictions that traditional winter has to summer (Ni). I'm going to say ENFJ, but I'm not really going to argue against ESFJ as it could also be attributed to... Tertiary Ne. Ugh,:confused: typing Olaf completely seems more trouble than it's worth.

Sven: Hard to type since he doesn't actually talk, but let's try it. Loyal to Kristoph and very content. I would say ISFJ except for one thing, he directly pushes Kristoph back to Arendelle. ISFJ's don't really push back so much as steer forward. They don't usually put themselves in direct conflict with others. Seems introverted and content with being on the side lines. That's probably some indication of an introverted personality. I'm going to say INFP. That sounds right. He values Kristoph as a caretaker and a friend, (Fi Dominant) he lives in the present and calls bull on Kristoph letting Anna be with her "true love" where he gives a :dry: face. (Auxiliary Ne followed by Tertiary Si, as even Kristoph called bull on Anna earlier, which Sven remembers) and due to having no voice, which is provided by Kristoph, he has very little control unless he really feels it's necessary. (Inferior Te)

Hans: ENTJ. Little concern for others as he tries to promote himself from his present conditions into a state of more control (Seems Dominant Te aided by Ni to escape his Se).

Duke of Weselton: He's always given me an ENTP vibe. But what does he use most? I actually don't know. Is everyone fine with me just typing him an ENTP without any rational? :wink:... no?:sad: Fine. I actually don't know what his greatest strength is, so lets look at his weaknesses. He doesn't seem at all intact with what is going on around him (getting tricked by Hans about Anna's "death") and seems to jump to conclusions rather quickly. But he also has a hard time seeing alternate possibilities to a scenario. That actually seems to scream inferior or tertiary Ne, not Dominant. Looks like my vibe is off.:mellow: But his personality and body language seems much less composed and animated than what an ESTJ, ESFJ, ISTJ or ISFJ would be. Alright, lets try a different approach. What does he know? Trading, dancing and custom of dancing and being proper. But again, his personality and his way of interacting with the world seems more animated and forward than how an Si would approach it. That seems dominant Ne. It may be that he has a hard time seeing alternate possibilities is that he has a lack of information. He actually seems to see the secret's of Arendelle's royalty as a mystery to solve which he can use to further his profits. A very rational approach to using unknown information as a possibility for advancement using custom and chivalry (Inferior Si and Tertiary Fe) to aid his thirst for an understanding of the mystery (Auxiliary Ti and Dominant Ne). ENTP!:cool: Nailed it. Alright, moving on.

Marshmallow: Driven towards immediate action (some sort of Se) but seems more determined with his immediate goal which is to protect Elsa and isolate her, which he does in isolation. It's a job, he does his job. sounds like a very rational approach. ISTP.

Oaken: Bubbly and happy with his store. Understands supply and demand (Ne), takes insults personally (Fi), I'm going to ENFP.

Pabbie: We get very little of him. He seems to give warnings about the future (Ni) due to patterns and knowledge of the nature of Elsa's powers. Does his best to guide them to reserve control (Te). I'm goin to say INTJ.

Bulda (Kristoph's Troll mom): Kinda an "in-your-face" mother. Gives an ENFJ vibe as she seems warm and friendly like Olaf (Fe). Understands the nature of relationships (seems Ni to me).

The King: A caring father, but often doesn't see the harm he does based on his actions (Negative Fe). Seeks Elsa to be in control of her powers (Te). Seeks previous knowledge and tradition when dealing with Anna's injury, (Si). I'm going to say ESTJ.

There's both Wreck-It-Ralph and Frozen. This took a while to type.:bored: Hope ya'll think it's right.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Watched Pocahontas and Aladdin over the weekend:

Aladdin: ESTP. His lower Fe is what makes him betray the Genie and not free him (what if I can't do it?! what will they think of me?!). He has zero interest in "finding himself," or being "true" to himself.

Jasmine: ESFP. The same recklessness as Aladdin and love of excitement, easily able to notice small details in her environment and read people, but driven through a Fi-Te "this is what I want, and you will force me to do nothing" attitude.

Genie: ENFP. Just... it needs no further explanation.

Jafar: Honestly, I think he's an ESTP too. Very reckless, doesn't think ahead, gets most of his ideas from Iago (who is some sort of EXTJ -- Te says everything he's thinking, ALL THE TIME).

Pocahontas: ISFP. I considered ENFJ (this girl has tons of Se, but her Ni may come first) but... the way she stands up to everyone and asserts the choice she has made nudges me toward Fi. Most Disney heroines are very Fi.

John Smith: ESTP. Needs no explanation, I think. :)

Saw Mulan earlier this week -- ISTP. Very much so. Immediate problems, immediate answers. Awkward with her own emotions, and sacrifices them for other people, mostly to keep the peace. I saw a bit of Fi in her, but I saw more creative, problem-solving, thinking outside the box Ti.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I watched Hercules the other day and my thoughts were as follows:

Hercules - ISFP
Megora - ESFJ
Hades - INTP
Philoctetes - ENFP
Zeus - ESFP? Not sold on it, but it works. ESTP could work as well. Seems too free-spirited and spontaneous to be a J.
I'll go with ESTP, on the sole basis that it spaces the characters out more.
Megara has inferior Fe out the wazoo, I'd say ISTP on her.
Hades seemed more like a dominant Te user followed by Ni, so ENTJ on him
I never was able to get a good read on Phil =/

Panic I think is an INFP in the grip of very unhealthy Te (especially in the TV show version), not 100% on Pain. He seems to use Ti and his Se is kind of clumsy. Maybe an ENFJ?

I thought Jasmine was ESTJ. What makes her an ENTP?
I agree with that. It was making my mind spin when in earlier posts folk were stating that she's an INFJ. Fe in her is nonexistent, but she has a bucket load of Te.

101 - 120 of 699 Posts