Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's already a million threads about this but they were a little hard for me to follow and frankly I was just too scared to comment on them.. so I decided to post my own thread to type them. I'm not saying that these are definite; they're all fictional so I know it always depends on a person's interpretation of a character but these are my opinions (Feel free to comment but please be kind)

Disney Princesses
Moana (Moana): ENFJ
Mulan (Mulan): ISFP
Belle (Beauty and the Beast): INFP
Pocahontas (Pocahontas): ISFP
Tiana (Princess and the Frog): ISTJ
Merida (Brave): ESTP
Ariel (The Little Mermaid): ENFP
Rapunzel (Tangled): INFJ ...I know a lot of people are about to disagree with this but one thread I saw convinced me of this.
Jasmine (Aladdin): INFP
Aurora (Sleeping Beauty): ISFP
Cinderella (Cinderella): ISFJ
Anna (Frozen): ESFP
Elsa (Frozen): INFJ ...I do understand the debate about this one and why a lot of people think she's an Si-dom but after a lot of consideration, I still believe that she's an INFJ
Snow White (Snow White): ESFJ
Elena (Elena of Avalor): ESFP

Unofficial Disney Princesses
Megara (Hercules): ISTP
Giselle (Enchanted): ESFJ
Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame): ENFJ
Kidagakash (Atlantis: The Lost Empire): ENTJ
Melody (The Little Mermaid 2): INFP
Nala (The Lion King): ESFJ
Jane (Tarzan): INTP
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts): INFP
Alice (Alice in Wonderland): INTP
Ting Ting (Mulan 2): ESFJ
Mei (Mulan 2): ENFP
Su (Mulan 2): ESFP
Kiara (Lion King 2: Simba's Pride): ESFP
Tinkerbell (Tinkerbell movies): ENTP
Malinda (The Emperor's New School): ENTJ
Wendy (Peter Pan): ESFJ
Star Butterfly (Star Vs. The Forces of Evil): ENFP

·
Registered
929 Posts
*sigh* I'll never be a princess....:kirby:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Ah, why not?

Snow White: ESFJ
Cinderella: ISFJ
Aurora: ISFP
Ariel: ENFP, Maybe S? (@Alassea , do you think Ariel as ENFP is an inaccurate typing, given you as an ENFP is in a position to judge? And lol, never knew Mei was labeled any type till now.)
Belle: INFP
Jasmine: EStP?
Pocahontas: ESFP
Mulan: ISTP
Megara: ISTP
Tiana: ESTJ
Rapunzel: honestly unsure these days. ExFx is all I know
Merida: ESTP
Elsa: ISTJ
Anna: ESFP
Moana: ENFJ

@BreaTonae given you've seen so many Disney sequels I wonder if you'd seen The little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning? Not that you should watch it for this (it's definitely not a 'good' movie, haha!) but if by some random chance you saw it, it could be fun to type Ariel's sister's, given the variety and sheer number of them. The only true positive I can recall from the movie (saw it with my little sis as a kid) were the sisters and their dynamic; and hey, they ARE princesses (;

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
Ah, why not?

Snow White: ESFJ
Aurora: ISFP
Ariel: ENFP, Maybe S? (@Alassea , do you think Ariel as ENFP is an inaccurate typing, given you as an ENFP is in a position to judge? And lol, never knew Mei was labeled any type till now.)
Belle: INFP
Jasmine: EStP?
Pocahontas: ESFP
Mulan: ISTP
Megara: ISTP
Tiana: ESTJ
Rapunzel: honestly unsure these days. ExFx is all I know
Merida: ESTP
Elsa: ISTJ
Anna: ESFP
Moana: ENFJ

@BreaTonae given you've seen so many Disney sequels I wonder if you'd seen The little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning? Not that you should watch it for this (it's definitely not a 'good' movie, haha!) but if by some random chance you saw it, it could be fun to type Ariel's sister's, given the variety and sheer number of them. The only true positive I can recall from the movie (saw it with my little sis as a kid) were the sisters and their dynamic; and hey, they ARE princesses (;
As much as I hate to admit it and cause Ariel is probably one of the lamest Disney characters to be, the functions she use scream Ne and Fi naïveté.
So yeah. I hate to say it but probably ENFP.
If someone else has an excellent counter argument for another type, I'd happily pass it over.

Jasmine is definitely not a thinker.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
As much as I hate to admit it and cause Ariel is probably one of the lamest Disney characters to be, the functions she use scream Ne and Fi naïveté.
So yeah. I hate to say it but probably ENFP.
If someone else has an excellent counter argument for another type, I'd happily pass it over.

Jasmine is definitely not a thinker.
Lol, that burn was so strong I think you scorched out Ariel's voice for good (not that I can't see or relate to where you're coming from, though!) I respect your honesty in admitting the good chance of a character you dislike being your type, but I have never been officially sold Ariel as ENFP. There is the issue that Ariel seems to act on impulse and loves her new surroundings (on land) despite it being new to her. I mean, I know Si is low in the ENFP but it would be nice to see something like Si surface. Sorry, not much of a convincing argument to "pass over" but it's something anyway.

I think it would be great to have a through and through ENFP Princess that did justice to the type.

You're right on Jasmine, that was reckless of me. But is she Fe or Fi, I wonder? She's sorta similar to Ariel in that she doesn't always have clear cut motivations or personality, aside from rebelliousness and spunk. On stereotype ("I'm gonna be myself, so there! I won't marry even if it could cause real problems because long live my individuality!") I'll go Fi. Sucks to "admit" but I'll follow your example and admit we may share Fi on a simple level. -sigh-

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sadly, I actually have not seen The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning. I actually did want to type Ariel's sisters though; I thought it'd be interesting. Like you said, they are princesses. Lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree with most of these, but here there are a few that I wasn't convinced about:

Belle (Beauty and the Beast): Belle is not an INFP, IMO. She makes decisions based on rationality and logic, rather than what will make people feel good. Think about it: if you were to ask her why she took her father's place in the Beast's castle, she seems more likely to respond by saying "because it was the right thing to do" rather than "because I couldn't bear to see him suffer there." She's more of a thinker who likes to reflect and rationalize her altruistic actions, so I would type her as INTP.

Rapunzel (Tangled): I would agree with you on this one! Rapunzel seems more of a follow-your-heart, chase-after-your-dreams type of person, so I agree with typing her as an INFJ.

Jasmine (Aladdin): What I said about Belle, I would say about Jasmine. She seems more likely to rationalize any altruistic actions or behavior, rather than explain that she was following her heart. I would type her as an INTP. Although she would be a bit less of a thinker than Belle...so I guess I could also see her as ALMOST an INFP.

Cinderella (Cinderella): Cinderella would be more of an INFP, since she dreams and imagines SO MUCH. She's definitely more intuitive than a sensor. She doesn't have much to plan for in her life, other than abstract ideas, and she's good at going with the flow, dealing with whatever comes her way without rebelling or planning any alternatives, so she would be more P than J.

Elsa (Frozen): More like INTJ....she definitely would rationalize a lot of her decisions. Think about when she was trying to warn Anna about marrying a man she just met.

Nala (The Lion King): Nala seems more ESTJ since she seems more attuned to doing what's right. Of course, she wants to restore harmony, but not just for the sake of harmony, but rather for the sake of doing the right thing.

Tinkerbell (Tinkerbell movies): Is she really that extraverted? Tinkerbell seems a little standoffish and more self-occupied, unless she is watching over Peter, so I would see her more as an INTP.

Wendy (Peter Pan): Given her dreamy attitude toward Neverland and an idealistic way of planning her life, she seems more ENFJ.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
why is Belle an INFP? Belle seems Fe-Ni-Se-Ti (ENFJ). lol, I just bumped the beauty and the beast thread just because of belle but maybe I should have just replied here.

I see no Fi in her.......

·
Registered
759 Posts
Anastasia Is Technically Now A Disney Princess

Any thoughts for Anastasia:

I thought INFP in relation to her pursuits in not compromising her personal beliefs and values; a governing Fi/Si.

Anastasia wasn't originally Disney, I think; but she was produced by ex-Disney directors, plus Disney recently purchased the rights to the films.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
why is Belle an INFP? Belle seems Fe-Ni-Se-Ti (ENFJ). lol, I just bumped the beauty and the beast thread just because of belle but maybe I should have just replied here.

I see no Fi in her.......
Perhaps you could explain your Fe Dom reasoning? It's definitely not a common "vote" on Belle as ENFJ, she's often seen as an introvert if nothing else.

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
I agree with most of these, but here there are a few that I wasn't convinced about:

Belle (Beauty and the Beast): Belle is not an INFP, IMO. She makes decisions based on rationality and logic, rather than what will make people feel good. Think about it: if you were to ask her why she took her father's place in the Beast's castle, she seems more likely to respond by saying "because it was the right thing to do" rather than "because I couldn't bear to see him suffer there." She's more of a thinker who likes to reflect and rationalize her altruistic actions, so I would type her as INTP.

Rapunzel (Tangled): I would agree with you on this one! Rapunzel seems more of a follow-your-heart, chase-after-your-dreams type of person, so I agree with typing her as an INFJ.

Jasmine (Aladdin): What I said about Belle, I would say about Jasmine. She seems more likely to rationalize any altruistic actions or behavior, rather than explain that she was following her heart. I would type her as an INTP. Although she would be a bit less of a thinker than Belle...so I guess I could also see her as ALMOST an INFP.

Cinderella (Cinderella): Cinderella would be more of an INFP, since she dreams and imagines SO MUCH. She's definitely more intuitive than a sensor. She doesn't have much to plan for in her life, other than abstract ideas, and she's good at going with the flow, dealing with whatever comes her way without rebelling or planning any alternatives, so she would be more P than J.

Elsa (Frozen): More like INTJ....she definitely would rationalize a lot of her decisions. Think about when she was trying to warn Anna about marrying a man she just met.

Nala (The Lion King): Nala seems more ESTJ since she seems more attuned to doing what's right. Of course, she wants to restore harmony, but not just for the sake of harmony, but rather for the sake of doing the right thing.

Tinkerbell (Tinkerbell movies): Is she really that extraverted? Tinkerbell seems a little standoffish and more self-occupied, unless she is watching over Peter, so I would see her more as an INTP.

Wendy (Peter Pan): Given her dreamy attitude toward Neverland and an idealistic way of planning her life, she seems more ENFJ.

It may or may not have been a mistake going back to this thread.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think Belle would be INFP or ISFJ?? Fi dom does make sense at a first glance (the "Belle (Reprise) is an example of this, I think).

Snow White: ExFJ
Aurora: How's everyone getting a type for her? She's hardly in the movie. Maybe I just haven't seen it in too long.
Ariel: ENFP
Jasmine: xxFP
Pocahontas: Fi is probably high in her stack too but idk
Mulan: SP
Tiana: TJ
Rapunzel: I can see INFJ. ENFJ, too.
Merida: STP
Elsa: No idea. But definitely an introvert.
Anna: ESFP ???
Meg: ISTP
Wendy: SFJ
Esmeralda: ESFP
Melody: A very annoying version of an INFP
Tinkerbell: NTP

Also, for Anastasia I'd say INFP sounds about right. And it's mostly unrelated, but I think the musical version of her is more ISFP.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

It may or may not have been a mistake going back to this thread.
It was a mistake, but at least I don't have to die on this sinking ship alone now.
I can already see your amazing capacity for going into details with reasoning, logic and evidence when answering a question. Do go on.
On the other hand, I understand if you want to run for a lifeboat and save yourself. Take the rationality and logic still left here when you go, spread it to all and my life won't be in vain.

*salutes*

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I can already see your amazing capacity for going into details with reasoning, logic and evidence when answering a question. Do go on.
I meant her inferior Ti sticks out so I conclude she's Fe dominant.

I don't have to spell the details to your face.

but I changed my mind. I think she fits more into the Fi-Te axis so she's INFP.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
On the other hand, I understand if you want to run for a lifeboat and save yourself. Take the rationality and logic still left here when you go, spread it to all and my life won't be in vain.

*salutes*
says the MBTI expert. *rolls eyes*

I guess ISTJs still annoy me online - not just in real life.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
says the MBTI expert. *rolls eyes*

I guess ISTJs still annoy me online - not just in real life.
Just meant as a joke, nothing personal.

I'm surprised you think I was making a claim to the effect of "MBTI expert"; my silly "metaphor" was meant like this: You didn't seem interested in answering the question with an explanation. Thus, the "ship" (this thread) is going down as neither of us are getting it anywhere and whatever logic and rationality you didn't wish to share may sink too, thus by asking @Alassea to take it with her it would perhaps...

Oh forget it; you said you shouldn't have to spell details to someone's face so you will be annoyed by me attempting the same no doubt.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts