Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No idea if there is another thread of this anywhere else but I thought I would add my own opinions on which type I think all the princesses are. Some of them are pre-guessed, but most are my own speculation.

Snow White- ESFP-
(Yeah, she is a dreamer, but she loves to sing, dance and generally stay happy and upbeat all the time. She is completely oblivious to the fact someone is out to kill her. Although she shows ESFJ traits when she does housework obligations.)

Cinderella- INFP-
(Smart, dignified and dreamy.)

Aurora- ISFP-
(She loved nature and seemed to take in her senses)

Ariel- ENFP-
(This was typed before me, but it makes sense)

Belle- INFP-
(Loved books, adventure more than life itself.)

Jasmine- ISFJ-

Pocahontas- INFJ-
(Very spiritual and very caring of her people and world.)

Mulan- INFJ-
(Not sure why, she just seemed very protective of her loved ones and very smart when it came to people.)

Tiana- INTP-
(Tricky, but I thought she was this since she reminded me of Belle, very dreamy and thoughtful, but she has her head well an truely on the ground. Her restaraunt was everything to her.)

Rapunzel- ENFJ-
(She is like Ariel, an ENFP, the only difference is she has a bit of an edge to her. She wasted no time wacking Flynn over the head and using him for her advantage and well as showing her resiliance to Mother Gothel at the end. She is like a sunshine of energy.)

So those are my thoughts on their types. I hope to do a Prince's one too, then eventually the extended prince/princesses/heroes/heroines.

·
Registered
693 Posts
All I gotta say is, thank goodness ONE of them was a thinker!

·
Registered
744 Posts
hmmm...here's mine:

first I want to say that all the princesses will be dreamers because it is Disney!

Jasmine: ISFP not SJ at all really, she's difficult, but think about it: she does what she wants whenever she wants and doesn't follow her duty. She also likes adventure and exploring and is very reactive to her environment (Se).

Pocahontas: INFJ poster child

Ariel: ESFP (Se rather than Ne because they both like to explore new things, but she's more fascinated with the physical world than actual ideas)

Mulan: ISTP errm...a Disney Princess version of it lol She's very Ti-Se (analyzes her environment then looks for ways to act on it.) Yes, she is the last one to get the training exercises, but look how she was raised. Also, she's very good at strategy, like the way she could help someone out of a difficult situation in a chess-like game quickly, on the run lol
and then the whole shooting the fireworks at the mountain thing. Analyze everything, then shoot!

Cinderella: ISFJ definitely she's a traditionalist who always follows her step-mother's orders and doesn't even think about rebelling when they aren't there to go to the ball. She doesn't take any other route to it than the one laid out for her: if she cleans she can go. Even when they're terrible to her, she still does chores for them :/ Also she's very Fe because she always places others' feelings before her own and she can relate to many different types of people (mice XD) to make friends and seeks to understand them.

Snow White: ESFP for the reasons OP said? ughh I really don't like her.

Aurora: I like your explanation for ISFP

Belle: INFP

Rapunzel: hmmm I really do think she's an ENFP, fast reaction times in a scary situation don't change someone's type, in my opnion

never seen the Frog Prince

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Yeah, there is a decent case of either ESFP or ENFP for Ariel.

I still suspect Belle to be an N-dom.....ENFP most likely, but again there's a decent case for INFJ.

Pochahontas is a pretty clear INFJ, and Rapunzel is close enough to ENFP, definite ExFx...

I'm pretty sure Tiana is an ESTJ, clearly thinking and sensing at least, much in contrast to the other princesses.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Yeah, there is a decent case of either ESFP or ENFP for Ariel.

I still suspect Belle to be an N-dom.....ENFP most likely, but again there's a decent case for INFJ.

Pochahontas is a pretty clear INFJ, and Rapunzel is close enough to ENFP, definite ExFx...

I'm pretty sure Tiana is an ESTJ, clearly thinking and sensing at least, much in contrast to the other princesses.
Yes, I thought she had a very stern, driven, hard-working practical quality about her. Like she was on a linear path from childhood forward, slowly plodding on with persistent determination, never wavering. Also her attitude toward her frog prince seemed like she was the dominant leader who wanted him to shape up or ship out, which also made me think ESTJ.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
hmmm...here's mine:

first I want to say that all the princesses will be dreamers because it is Disney!

Jasmine: ISFP not SJ at all really, she's difficult, but think about it: she does what she wants whenever she wants and doesn't follow her duty. She also likes adventure and exploring and is very reactive to her environment (Se).

Pocahontas: INFJ poster child

Ariel: ESFP (Se rather than Ne because they both like to explore new things, but she's more fascinated with the physical world than actual ideas)

Mulan: ISTP errm...a Disney Princess version of it lol She's very Ti-Se (analyzes her environment then looks for ways to act on it.) Yes, she is the last one to get the training exercises, but look how she was raised. Also, she's very good at strategy, like the way she could help someone out of a difficult situation in a chess-like game quickly, on the run lol
and then the whole shooting the fireworks at the mountain thing. Analyze everything, then shoot!

Cinderella: ISFJ definitely she's a traditionalist who always follows her step-mother's orders and doesn't even think about rebelling when they aren't there to go to the ball. She doesn't take any other route to it than the one laid out for her: if she cleans she can go. Even when they're terrible to her, she still does chores for them :/ Also she's very Fe because she always places others' feelings before her own and she can relate to many different types of people (mice XD) to make friends and seeks to understand them.

Snow White: ESFP for the reasons OP said? ughh I really don't like her.

Aurora: I like your explanation for ISFP

Belle: INFP

Rapunzel: hmmm I really do think she's an ENFP, fast reaction times in a scary situation don't change someone's type, in my opnion

never seen the Frog Prince
I agree that Cinderella seems more ISFJ.

However, I disagree with you about Snow White. Of course, that's probably because I like Snow White in manifestations that extend far beyond the Disney version, though.

Ariel and Jasmine get on my nerves more than anyone. I actually LOVED Disney as a child (especially Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Cinderella....as well as Lady and the Tramp and the Aristocats) but Beauty and the Beast was really the last Disney cartoon I really liked until Tangled and The Frog Prince (and I prefer Tiana over Rapunzel). A lot of the newer Disney cartoons have bugged me on some fundamental level, like they got too cheesey and cutesy or something, where as the earlier ones were more true to the fairy tales and more European-seeming and a little dark.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I could see INFP for Belle, she rebels against the Beast even though she is afraid of him. Never backs down against Gaston or any male figure. Doesn't give a damn about finding a man and is more concerned with her own intellect then anything else. Immerses herself in a world difference from her physical one. Still inherently kind and sees beyond the physical with Beast. Loves him for his interior rather then his exterior.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I agree that Cinderella seems more ISFJ.

However, I disagree with you about Snow White. Of course, that's probably because I like Snow White in manifestations that extend far beyond the Disney version, though.

Ariel and Jasmine get on my nerves more than anyone. I actually LOVED Disney as a child (especially Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Cinderella....as well as Lady and the Tramp and the Aristocats) but Beauty and the Beast was really the last Disney cartoon I really liked until Tangled and The Frog Prince (and I prefer Tiana over Rapunzel). A lot of the newer Disney cartoons have bugged me on some fundamental level, like they got too cheesey and cutesy or something, where as the earlier ones were more true to the fairy tales and more European-seeming and a little dark.
It's funny; I'm the opposite because I love Jasmine, Mulan, etc. and don't really care about the older, classic princesses because I don't see much personality in them and the old European fairy tales aren't as appealing to me.
I think I'll revise my typing of Snow White because I'm not happy with ESFP now. Actually I almost want to say ISFJ--she's very warm and feeling-type, but she wants them to be civilized and act as they should, while also dreaming of things in that sort of system ("someday my prince will come") and does things a girl of that time is expected to do, though she is more light-hearted than the typical Si-dom *shrugs* this is just a guess, so if you have something you like more, do tell.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.