Personality Cafe banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Sighcantthinkofaname, what about Tiana? She seems ISTJ to me! Why would you argue her being an F?
It's very hard to answer these things, because as soon as you give a reason someone seems more like an F someone seems to say "But T's can do that too!", which I understand. It's all tenancies and likelihoods.
Anyway, I think that her drive coming mainly from her father's dream for them both is more of an F trait. Giving up her dreams for love is more of an F trait. She is hard working and organised, but I think it's because her heart was telling her that's what she needed to do.
She also sees food as a way to connect people, and I get sort of an NF vibe from that.

I do think she shows some T characteristics in the movie. She's a fictional character, she isn't clearly anything. But I think she leans F.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's very hard to answer these things, because as soon as you give a reason someone seems more like an F someone seems to say "But T's can do that too!", which I understand. It's all tenancies and likelihoods.
Anyway, I think that her drive coming mainly from her father's dream for them both is more of an F trait. Giving up her dreams for love is more of an F trait. She is hard working and organised, but I think it's because her heart was telling her that's what she needed to do.
She also sees food as a way to connect people, and I get sort of an NF vibe from that.

I do think she shows some T characteristics in the movie. She's a fictional character, she isn't clearly anything. But I think she leans F.
I can see where you're coming from. I'll talk about why I think Tiana is ISTJ with developed Introverted Feeling so you can see my point. Her hard work, her refusal to do anything else, her following her dreams with intensity and realism (as opposed to NF princesses - look at Anna, Belle, Ariel, Rapunzel, etc.) is very ISTJ. NFs in Disney films usually have many songs and constantly talk about their dreams and how great life is and how beautiful the sky is today, and the suchlike. I disagree with the idea of her seeing food as a way of connecting people as an NF trait - I think Tiana is definitely an S. However, remember that ISTJs might seem tough and hard-working and intense with whatever they do, there's definitely a sentimentality within them. Moreover, wanting to do this particularly for her father and in his memory because it's what he had wanted as well, seems pretty Fi to me, and remembering him so fondly and intensely is mostly an Introverted Sensing trait, as well. If you see NF traits in Tiana, it's probably because her functions are Si/Te/Fi/Ne - and guess what the ENFP's are? Ne/Fi/Te/Si! And since Tiana is fictional, she seems to have much more developed Fi and Ne than your average ISTJ, but she still fits into the profile of an ISTJ very well. I hope this makes sense!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here's some of my guesses.

Snow White - ESFJ
Ariel - ENFP
Belle - INFP
Jasmine - INFJ
Mulan - ISFP
Merida - ESTP
Anna - ESFP
Elsa - INFJ

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think my typings are off, because at least half of them seem to be NFJs XD

Alice- INXX, but not INTJ
Ariel- ENFP
Belle- INFP
Cinderella- ISFJ
Esmeralda- ENFJ
Jane Porter- ENFJ maybe
Jasmine- Not sure, but I think she's an intuitive
Kida- XNFJ
Megara- ISTP
Mulan- INFJ
Nala- ISTJ
Pochahontas- ISFP? Some sort of Ni-user
Rapunzel- ENFJ

·
Registered
75 Posts
To wintercat
Belle may act on logic often times but I myself as an INFP often do so as well... INFP's often rationalize there feelings unlike a lot of the other F types.
She sacrifices her life for her father because of her love for him. She falls in love with a monster regardless of his faults ETC.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Disney Princesses/Heroines/Women, etc. (that I'm more certain of)

Snow White: ESFJ
Cinderella: ISFJ
Alice: INTP (possibly ISFJ)
Wendy: ESFJ (?)
Tinkerbell: INTP (no question for me on this one)
Aurora: ISFP
Maleficent: INTJ
Marie (from The Aristocats): IxFJ (possibly xSFJ, but she reminds me of my INFJ little sister as a child - definite Fe at any rate)
Bianca (from The Rescuers): ExFJ (?)
Olivia (The Great Mouse Detective): possibly ISFP (?)
Ariel: ENFP
Belle: INFP
Jasmine: ?? (Not sure - I haven't watched it in ages...I need to again. Possibly ENTJ, but that's a rough guess.)
Nala: xxFJ (definite Fe, but not an INFJ)
Pocahontas: INFJ or ISFP (I can see arguments for both)
Esmerelda: ENFJ (no question on this one, for me)
Meg(ara): IxTP (I used to think ISTP, but now I'm thinking a burned INTP - she seems very Ti-Ne)
Mulan: ISTP ("Reflection" seems Fi, but everything else about her is Ti-Se)
Jane (Tarzan): ?? (Again, not sure - it's been too long since I've watched it)
Yzma: ENTP
Captain Amelia (Treasure Planet): ExTJ
Dory (Finding Nemo): ENFP (poster child for ENFP? She's certainly ExFP, and I see more Ne overload than Se)
Giselle: ?? (ExFx - possibly ESFJ, but I could also see ENFP - I'll have to watch it again)
Tiana: xSTJ
Rapunzel: ENFx (My first instinct is ENFP, but I've seen strong arguments for Ne-dominance and Fe-dominance.)
Merida: xSxP
Elsa: ISTJ (no question)
Anna: ESFP (again, no question)
Maleficent: xNFJ

Anyway, those are my thoughts. :)

*Also...I love Aurora & am proud to have her as an ISFP. (She was always one of my favorites.) :)

Reactions: Librarian

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Quick question: People have said Elsa shows deep concern for the feelings of others. Where does Elsa show this? Yes, she does not want to hurt them with her powers; that is NOT the same as concern for feelings, which is a deeper thought process.

Also: Why are there so few T princesses, especially Te?

·
Registered
INFJ EII 5w4 so/sp (145) Pisces♓️
593 Posts
Snow White: ESFJ (ExFJ)
Cinderella: ISFJ (IxFJ)
Alice: INTP (INxP)
Aurora: ISFP
Maleficent: INTJ
Ariel: ENFP (ExFP)
Belle: INFP (INFx)
Jasmine: ENTJ (ENxJ)