Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where Neph is because I need him for this thread, but:

Theoretically each of the sixteen types have their own most likely disorder, for example INTPs might be dyslexic more often than any other type, INTJs anti-social disorder. These are guesses.

How about some theories or even links on this?

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
What is ENTP? :bored:

Reactions: Yardiff Bey

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I'd also be interested in knowing what the ISTP disorder is.
Mental Retardation?

Just Kidding ... that would be ISFP. tongue:

Schizoid?

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
INFPs seem to have more problems with anxiety disorders than the other types and might frequently have sleep disorders such as sleep paralysis.

I agree with what AddleHeart says about the INTPs and the INFJs, just from my own personal experiences with them. I think INFJs might also have more problems with stress-related disorders that stem from hypersensitivity or feeling overwhelmed.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Addle and snail, I think you're both right about disorder trends for INFPs...I could see myself having any of those.

·
Banned
2,672 Posts
INFP: manic depression
INFJ: dissociation
ENFP: borderline personality disorder
INTP: sociopath

just random guesses
INTP corresponds with a number of issues, such as Asperger's syndrome (which some say is an extreme form of the INTP nature) and schizoid personality. Also, most disorders do not strike one type exclusively. I think most IN types are prone to depression. However, I do not think we INTPs are typically sociopaths. The main reason is because sociopaths tend to have a certain charm upon first impression. As far as charm goes, I would tend to say that's more in the purview of our extroverted cousins, the ENTPs. Antisocial personality disorder also entails an impulsiveness and inability to effectively plan ahead or execute plans that is not characteristic of INTJs.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is exactly what I've been looking for, and the site looks good in general too, good work. I agree with all the NT disorders :p

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
According to that chart I should be a INFJ because I was born in March .... MBTI > Astrology.

Reactions: KC

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm really not much for astrology ;)

The Enneagram, MB and disorders were interesting but I ignored the others.

Reactions: refugee

·
Banned
87 Posts
I'd also be interested in knowing what the ISTP disorder is.

I'd assume ISTP would be most prone to dyslexia. And that's why they'd hate school.

I disagree with the INTP and dyslexia. INTP is supposed to be number one in language, able to see contradictions in language immediately. How does that translate to dyslexia?

By and by, this whole idea is absurd. You can't take people and just point a finger and say oh well ENTP, that sounds like the narcissist personality. As many narcissists as there are non narcissist intps. Ok here goes my pseudoscientific theory borrowed heavily from what I have read.

INTP- schizoid personality/dependent personality/avoidant

INTJ schizoid personality/psychopath

INFJ avoidant/depressive personality

INFP histrionic personality, bipolar! dependent personality

ISFP borderline personality

ESFP histrionic personality

ESFJ authoritarian personality, hold very rigid beliefs they expect others to follow. SOCIAL NORMS!

ENFJ ? I know she was really needy for compliments and validation

ENTJ sociopath/ narcissistic personality

ESTJ sociopath/psychopath

ESTP histrionic/ bipolar

ISTP most likely to be dyslexic mabye sense school isn't appealing and since they have really good visual spatial abilities, just a hunch

ISTJ OCD/ rigid beliefs, strict regimen, perfect, it has to be perfect!

ENFP narcissist

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I disagree with the INTP and dyslexia. INTP is supposed to be number one in language, able to see contradictions in language immediately. How does that translate to dyslexia?
That is an interesting point. I'm not sure what to say, however:

By and by, this whole idea is absurd. You can't take people and just point a finger and say oh well ENTP, that sounds like the narcissist personality.
There is irrefutably a statistical trend for types to develop certain disorders. I knew of this before I started the thread... I just didn't have the cases for each type. Secondly, and probably the more powerful argument, is the fact that each disorder describes the MB type but to its extreme. The weaknesses of each type are inflated in their potential disorders. Therefore it seems intuitive that a type will more likely develop a disorder that already resembles their personality.

Reactions: Belovodia

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
According to Trustno1 ENTPs are the only healthy type. YAY!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts