Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm curious, what personality disorders and mental illnesses are type 7's most prone to? Which ones are they least prone to? Do you think there's a difference between 7w8 and 7w6 for these 2 questions?

I'll go first. I can be a little OCD from time to time and can definitely be hyperthymic/hypomanic. Sometimes I can feel a little schizophrenic as well. I think two disorders that I don't think I'm capable of is depression and dependent personality disorder. I think 7w6's might be more prone to depression than 7w8's

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm a 7w6.

Well, I was misdiagnosed as ADD when I was young, and it's turned out that my actual issue is moderate-to high spectrum OCD. I've also been clinically depressed for about 8 years.

I'm also fairly certain, though unconfirmed, that I've got an eating disorder, as I am an emotional eater, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was linked to my depression.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well...I'm 7w6 also an ENFP.

i was diagnosed with Manic Depression & Anxiety Disorder 3 years ago.
but i've been suffering with anxiety since childhood. i've always had huge nervous
balls of energy, but sometimes i'm not frightened or even worried when i feel like
that...just over energetic. I took multiple tests once and i qualified for ADD haha.
also a couple of months ago i was diagnosed with Pure OCD better known as POCD,
but its basically almost gone ^^
I think for Enneatype 7s we're more so prone to develop disorders
that's mental since we're known to be ruled by the head.

Reactions: stormy

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm a 7w8 and an ENFP.

I have hypochondria and general anxiety disorder. When I was younger, I would get panic attacks pretty often. I still do occasionally. When I was 13 my pediatrician noticed I had a lot of the warning/early signs of anorexia and decided to put me on 10mg of prozac. I now take 20mg and I'm doing quite well. I still purell my hands quite often, and I have a phobia of thunder storms, but other than that I'm fine. ^.^

I also have a really bothersome Circadian Rhythm Disorder, which basically means that my internal sleep schedule is really off. During the summer I sleep from about 9:00 am about 5-6:00 pm. So it's really difficult for me to wake up at regular times and not feel like needing a nap all day.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I'm a 7w6. I've never been officially diagnosed with anything but I definitely have OCD tendencies and I've dealt with depression since high school. When I was younger I was accused of being a hypochondriac... I grew out of it, but lately since I don't have health insurance I've been looking up symptoms online and sometimes I will start to think I've got all these problems... I think it's just the fact of not having any means of getting answers my brain goes crazy with possibilities (and watching House doesn't help lol).

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree, and even then I wonder if they're truly present or if my intentions are to have something I can attempt to control - using the power of my mind. The subconscious is a funny little thing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
damn, why us? lol
everyone on this forum stay strong!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Pssh, are you kidding me?

Have you seen the type 4 forum?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Pssh, are you kidding me?

Have you seen the type 4 forum?
i was just making a point for type sevens & Head Types Neko :p
i dont doubt that any other type could develop mental illnesses!
me being a suffer, i'm extremely aware of that silly ~

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
We're the ones who go out of our way to avoid the suffering, that's all :)

Reactions: possiBri

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Yes, but about half the threads in the 4 forum has to do with mental disorders. Which was the point I was making.....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes, but about half the threads in the 4 forum has to do with mental disorders. Which was the point I was making.....
Okay. I see and understand.
and even though thats so, that doesnt mean, like i said, that other
types cant develop mental illnesses or one type is more prone to having them.
you quoting me. back when i posted that, i was simply just making
the connection between type sevens being ruled by the head & mental illnesses...thats all.
possibly, it not being a shock that type sevens develop mental illnesses.
I can see how certain people who type as a 4, which i have before, can fall into
depression...and i'm not trying to take that from anyone :/

We're the ones who go out of our way to avoid the suffering, that's all :)
exactly~ that's the only difference i see in it...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I'm an ENFP 7w8, and my anxiety is out of control. It's mostly the severe hypochondria that gets me, but the panic attacks are no fun either.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So I'm curious, what personality disorders and mental illnesses are type 7's most prone to? Which ones are they least prone to? Do you think there's a difference between 7w8 and 7w6 for these 2 questions?

I'll go first. I can be a little OCD from time to time and can definitely be hyperthymic/hypomanic. Sometimes I can feel a little schizophrenic as well. I think two disorders that I don't think I'm capable of is depression and dependent personality disorder. I think 7w6's might be more prone to depression than 7w8's
I agree that 7w6 are more capable of depression (as I am). I also have mild OCD (perfectionist)
Sometimes I think I might be schizo. Because Ill see odd geometric patterns on solid colors. I also have quite an odd way of thinking and speaking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts