Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Women take lots of pictures with their cameras. This is good and all, if you're a guy, since we fancy pictures of beautiful women and the more beautiful the better. At the same time this cannot be very healthy for women, and honestly as a guy the selfie culture is huge turn-off. Because then we know the woman is vain and too much caught up in appearances and not really woman-material but make-up women.

-make-up, what a funny thing. And actually more recent movements are trying to make guys into make-up because this would open up a big market.

Divorce the mirror, my friends, and maybe your relationships will turn out a little bit better. Its not possible to frame the perfect relationship, or look.

·
Registered
15,259 Posts
Divorce the mirror, my friends, and maybe your relationships will turn out a little bit better. Its not possible to frame the perfect relationship, or look.
But but but on the days that I'm really depress I can look in the mirror and say hey at least I enjoy what's staring back at me jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
I feel like this is a slight derailment, but I want to focus on selfies for a second.

Selfies don't turn me off because of vanity alone. Yes, people obsessed with themselves are annoying, but I actually like girls who like to catch a little eye. And not just because of the boners I get, there's also a little higher brain stuff going on. Something about a girl who chooses to play that game intrigues me. If my girlfriend wanted to spend a little time in front of the mirror, or dress in a way that showed a little skin, I'd probably be cool with it.

Plus, group selfies and dudes taking selfies give me the same reaction. So, for me at least, it's not about girls being self absorbed.

I think the reason selfies rub me the wrong way is because there's something very... extraverted about it? Or maybe it's Fi? I don't know what part of the brain gets off on it, but that part of my brain is definitely nearly dead. Me, I'm not even always in my dreams. I dream of people and events, but it's quite often that I am either not a part of it, or I'm viewing myself in 3rd person. I have died in dreams, and things just kept on going like I was a redshirt.

My brain doesn't give a shit about me. It's interested in things, ideas, and experiences themselves, not my involvement with them. Selfies are not pictures of a moment in life, they are a picture of YOU in a moment of life. It's like people dancing to happy pop music, your brain just obviously works so different than mine it makes my 4 wing cringe.

(Note: This is still a theory, and I may be wrong, but smells pretty on point.)

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Women take lots of pictures with their cameras. This is good and all, if you're a guy, since we fancy pictures of beautiful women and the more beautiful the better. At the same time this cannot be very healthy for women, and honestly as a guy the selfie culture is huge turn-off. Because then we know the woman is vain and too much caught up in appearances and not really woman-material but make-up women.

-make-up, what a funny thing. And actually more recent movements are trying to make guys into make-up because this would open up a big market.

You are exaggerating things and taking it out of scale
maybe... or not

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
World would be better if the girls put a little more effort to it and instead of selfies made themselves a good quality photographs... :kitteh:

600full-kristina-krajt.jpg beauty-brown-brown-hair-cute-eyes-face-Favim.com-86038.jpg aqulina_18_by_stigma323-d5wlmje.jpg

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Men take lots of pictures with their cameras. This is good and all, if you're a girl, since we fancy pictures of beautiful men and the more beautiful the better. At the same time this cannot be very healthy for men, and honestly as a girl the selfie culture is huge turn-off. Because then we know the man is vain and too much caught up in appearances and not really man-material but make-up men.

·
Administrator
INTP
11,819 Posts
Men take too many pictures of their dicks.

Everybody should be proud of something.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Selfie-/Smartphoneculture has arrived.

If it bugs you keep it simple - take the individuals off your radar.

Trying to lecture is going to be in vain, regardless of gender.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Men take too many pictures of their dicks.

Everybody should be proud of something.
I wish they did, so far, from experience, no, they don't take too many.
I'd argue not enough.

Selfie-/Smartphoneculture has arrived.

If it bugs you keep it simple - take the individuals off your radar.

Trying to lecture is going to be in vain, regardless of gender.
This is a bait thread, I'm disappoint you didn't see it, noobfag.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Some people take photos of their families. Some people take photos of their pets. Some people take photos of scenery. And some people take photos of themselves. Is anyone better than the others? No. They’re all snapshots of that moment in time which they’ll never get back again except to look back in a photo and reminisce.

From the outside, a selfie looks vapid. It looks overly self-centered, but is it really? All or most of our actions are done in self-interest. Selfies are just more overt and image-focused. Since selfies have only just arrived with the creation of cameras and cameras in phones, it feels almost alien, since it is a new way of interacting socially. But is it really that alien? Flowers in a vase in a hospital room brighten it up. Curtains in your favourite shade make your room cosy. Eyeshadow that highlights your eyes make you feel more confident and makes the world treat you better. Is beauty and it’s capture really that abhorrent?

In the past, photos had to be developed and it cost quite a bit, both in terms of time and money spent to develop them. So, having lots of photos of you or your child growing up was only a luxury richer people could afford. If we rewind further in time, being able to record yourself down in a painting for posterity was something only the really really rich could afford. We don’t have much painting of peasants in the past, only of monarchs and their families.

But today, all of us can be recorded down in picture form. This was your grandmother when she was a young girl. She liked going to a baseball game with her friends and this was the clothing of that time, and this was the make-up style of that era.

So, being able to take a selfie today, is one of the best forms of equality and democracy. It is open to all who have a phone, which is fast becoming the norm. A rich person’s selfie might not be more beautiful than a poor person’s one. We are all equal in the shutter of the selfie god.

So, pay tribute to equality and take a selfie!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I'm not really a fan of taking selfies or an excessive amount of pictures. Even when I travel (and have a travel blog), I limit the amount of pictures and enjoy the moment. I think the biggest problem is people want to document they are actually doing something interesting they spend more time taking pictures than actually enjoying the interesting thing going on.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some people take photos of their families. Some people take photos of their pets. Some people take photos of scenery. And some people take photos of themselves. Is anyone better than the others? No. They’re all snapshots of that moment in time which they’ll never get back again except to look back in a photo and reminisce.

From the outside, a selfie looks vapid. It looks overly self-centered, but is it really? All or most of our actions are done in self-interest. Selfies are just more overt and image-focused. Since selfies have only just arrived with the creation of cameras and cameras in phones, it feels almost alien, since it is a new way of interacting socially. But is it really that alien? Flowers in a vase in a hospital room brighten it up. Curtains in your favourite shade make your room cosy. Eyeshadow that highlights your eyes make you feel more confident and makes the world treat you better. Is beauty and it’s capture really that abhorrent?

In the past, photos had to be developed and it cost quite a bit, both in terms of time and money spent to develop them. So, having lots of photos of you or your child growing up was only a luxury richer people could afford. If we rewind further in time, being able to record yourself down in a painting for posterity was something only the really really rich could afford. We don’t have much painting of peasants in the past, only of monarchs and their families.

But today, all of us can be recorded down in picture form. This was your grandmother when she was a young girl. She liked going to a baseball game with her friends and this was the clothing of that time, and this was the make-up style of that era.

So, being able to take a selfie today, is one of the best forms of equality and democracy. It is open to all who have a phone, which is fast becoming the norm. A rich person’s selfie might not be more beautiful than a poor person’s one. We are all equal in the shutter of the selfie god.

So, pay tribute to equality and take a selfie!
you crack me up is that a mirror in your display image?

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 sp/so
1,542 Posts
The new era of throwing hand signs, showing anus duck lips, or making a Zoolander pose in a bathroom mirror is not an attractive sight on either gender. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts