Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever DJ'd before? I'm doing the music for a somewhat small gathering, but it's all musically inclined people. I have my songs, now I just want to get them to flow into each other so there's no breaks in between. I also want to shorten them swo it only focuses on the good parts. ENTPs should understand what I mean. What's some good FREE software that I can use for that? All I can think of is audacity.

TIPS??

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying out "Mixxx".

It's supposed to be one of the best freeware apps for DJing and is good for beginners such as myself.

By the way, what do you use for your music creation? Reason, Fruity Loops, Pro-Tools or what?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm trying out "Mixxx".

It's supposed to be one of the best freeware apps for DJing and is good for beginners such as myself.

By the way, what do you use for your music creation? Reason, Fruity Loops, Pro-Tools or what?
Right now I use Sibelius. I used 5 for everything on my YouTube page except for one song in which I used Sibelius 6. Those are really only good for composing though. If you don't know how to write out music on Staff paper then they're useless. (You don't have to be good but you do have to have some understanding)

I'm looking into getting Fruity Loops though. It's cheap and it looks like the learning curve isn't that bad.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right now I use Sibelius. I used 5 for everything on my YouTube page except for one song in which I used Sibelius 6. Those are really only good for composing though. If you don't know how to write out music on Staff paper then they're useless. (You don't have to be good but you do have to have some understanding)

I'm looking into getting Fruity Loops though. It's cheap and it looks like the learning curve isn't that bad.
I guess you have a midi keyboard as well for that. I recently sold mine since I hadn't used it in a while (and it wasn't a very good one).

From my experience I liked Reason better than Fruity Loops.

Oh, and I decided to do everything in Audacity regarding the OP. The new beta version is pretty awesome. I remember when it used to be such a limited software, and now you can do so much on it!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I guess you have a midi keyboard as well for that. I recently sold mine since I hadn't used it in a while (and it wasn't a very good one).

From my experience I liked Reason better than Fruity Loops.

Oh, and I decided to do everything in Audacity regarding the OP. The new beta version is pretty awesome. I remember when it used to be such a limited software, and now you can do so much on it!
No. I can't play keyboard for shit. I just enter the notes. I have a limited understanding of reading music so it's enough for me to be able to write notes in and what not by hand, or mouse I suppose.
I actually have a Casio in my room but it was my cousins and I RARELY fool around with it.

And yeah Audacity is GREAT. The thing I love is that you can control the scroll bar with the arrow keys which helps out alot when your trying to be accurate about which parts you wanna single out for whatever reason (especially trimming). I make my ringtones with it and i've used it in the past for other things and I find time and time again that it's better than most free programs out there.

Hmm...Perhaps i'll check out a demo for reason. I'm still not sure what i'll end up buying anyways. So far Fruity Loops looks like it has alot of stuff and doesn't look hard to understand plus a few friends have it but I haven't decided yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts