Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there type 6's! So, the question is: Do type 6w5 tend to dislike/ not-get-along-with type 6w7?

This is something I feel I have observed in passing, but was curious to see if this is upheld on the PersonalityCafe forums?

Have at it! :)

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Registered
764 Posts
Now that you mention it, yes. I don't get along with 6w5s. My sister and dads girlfriends son are 6w5 and they're critical and self-centered. One is INFP and the other is INFJ.

·
Registered
448 Posts
No I don't tend to dislike the 6w7s and I seem to get along just fine with them.
In order for me to dislike someone they have to do a lot more then just possessing type X, and for getting along type 6w7 is fine, I mean they generally seem a bit more extroverted and are far more socially active than I am, I often* have good conversations with them.

The only thing that occasionally bothers me about the ones that I know, is that they are a bit jumpy, they hop from conversation to conversation, from action to another action, from one thing they fear to the other, and they generally seem far more openly anxious and far more affected by their anxiety than me, but this is just a thing with the ones I know, I'm sure there are many 6w7s who are a bit (or very) different around here.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think I know any IRL, but those on the forum seem friendly, which is all I ask for.
You know, it's interesting you say that. I am pretty sure (though I must be wrong about this;; at least it would seem that way), that I met my very first 6w7 last year! I didn't know it at the time, but after reading the description, she was a textbook 6w7 (it was a lightbulb moment). :)

Reactions: Ninjaws

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that you mention it, yes. I don't get along with 6w5s. My sister and dads girlfriends son are 6w5 and they're critical and self-centered. One is INFP and the other is INFJ.
Well, the reason I ask, is because my own sister is a 6w5, and so are some other girls I know. & they have always hated me. My sister didn't always hate me (she use to love me), but she's gotten really, really, unhealthy. They all use sarcasm, and snark, and something about. . .I think my bubbly-ness. . .bothers them (I'm not for sure, as they've never said). I'm not saying all 6w5 have not liked me (usually it's the guys that show more interest for some reason). & also, I'm not for certain that I'm a 6w7 or a 7w6 (I'm leaning towards 7w6, but I need to do more research). But, my sister always considered my happiness and innocence "weak" (& I get the impression that many 6w5 feel this way).

Thus! My question was born!

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Hey there type 6's! So, the question is: Do type 6w5 tend to dislike/ not-get-along-with type 6w7?

This is something I feel I have observed in passing, but was curious to see if this is upheld on the PersonalityCafe forums?

you know, I hadn't thought about it, but this is an astute observation

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
I think it depends on the subtypes though. strongly cp6w5s like @Chipps probably hate most 6w7s, but more phobic, 9 fixed 6w5s probably view their quirkiness and goofy side as a breath of fresh air (because more self aware 6w5s realize they are cynical as fuck)

·
Registered
585 Posts
So, as an ENTP, I tend to appreciate the 7's, particularly the 7w6's. However, my 5 wing has always been an abusive husband to my 6, and as a result, I end up being very judgmental of the other 6's I interact with. (Not any of you, of course--you're all lovely, I'm sure.) Consequently, in most instances, I view the 7 wing of a 6w7 as being an empty affectation--kind of an ersatz creative type.

Reactions: o0india0o

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
So, as an ENTP, I tend to appreciate the 7's, particularly the 7w6's. However, my 5 wing has always been an abusive husband to my 6, and as a result, I end up being very judgmental of the other 6's I interact with. (Not any of you, of course--you're all lovely, I'm sure.) Consequently, in most instances, I view the 7 wing of a 6w7 as being an empty affectation--kind of an ersatz creative type.

:crying:

·
Banned
14,145 Posts

The only thing that occasionally bothers me about the ones that I know, is that they are a bit jumpy, they hop from conversation to conversation, from action to another action, from one thing they fear to the other, and they generally seem far more openly anxious and far more affected by their anxiety than me

:frustrating:

·
Sharp Cutting Thing
9,678 Posts

Heck no! I'm a 6w5 and one of my close friends (who I met here on PerC) is 6w7.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
For the record, meh silliness is not empty :tongue: it's fun!

·
Sharp Cutting Thing
9,678 Posts
For the record, meh silliness is not empty :tongue: it's fun!
For the record it seems you and I have one-off-from matching enneatypes! How bout that?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts