Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you get along with people of your own type? Have you ever found someone of your own type that you really didn't like.

I don't think that I've found another ENFP that I've hated

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
The others on this forum, for the most part, yes. The only person that I actually know is my type is my dad, and we get along great.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Generally, though not at first.

When I decide I really don't like someone because he's an arrogant, smirking, laughing-boy know-it-all who takes nothing seriously and has no taste for hard work, I suspect that I'm either looking in a mirror or have just met another ENTP.

Then everything's ok! :laughing:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I tend to dislike other INTP's, INTJ's, and the like. They tend to be elitist and arrogant. As I've said before, almost every friend I've ever had has been ESFP. They seem to be very open minded and accepting of all types of people, unlike the know it all INT's.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Based on my experiences here (since I don't know any INTP's outside of Personality Cafe) I'd have to say that, in general, I am inclined to like other INTP's. There are one or two exceptions though :wink:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yup, I get along with pretty much every INFP. NF's especially. ENFP's, INFJ's , they're all really enjoyable company.

Reactions: Drea
4,757 Posts
Well, if they have values opposite to mine that becomes a real issue or, as I love to say, a Fi vs Fi deathmatch. Otherwise, I love my fellow INFPs :happy:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I almost replied "no" when I suddenly remembered, yes. IRL I ever met another INFP, and he was very rigid.
He talked too formally as if he was teacher and I was only stupid student.
Well, not that I hated him, but I found it wasn't comfortable at all :crazy:

After he finished evaluating my work (ay, ay! Yeah, we worked on team-assignment), I kept quiet, just blank-stared at him, made sure he have said all he wanted; gave him gesture that I understand what he meant, then class finished, I went home :laughing:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I don't know any ENTPs in real life, and I don't think I ever have...

Most of the ones online are troll lords. Yes, I know that I can troll hard too :bored:
But to answer the question: Yes, I do get along with people of my own personality type...

·
Registered
560 Posts
So far, I haven't clashed with any INTJ's or anyone in this forum.
I've met only one INTJ IRL, he's my father and we get along really fine.
We're like best friends, we enjoy debating and sharing each other's ideas, and we'd get into arguments if it's about grammar.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
3 types that I consider myself to be:

I don't actually get along with ENFPs so well. I do at first, but then after a while, it fizzles. Plus, they tend to be overly-bubbly about unimportant things. And they don't show much interest in the things I like to talk about. They are fun to party with though.

ESTPs - I love 'em. They're so hyper and WILD. Most of my best friends have been this type, even throughout primary school. Chaos and trouble is ensured to ensue when we're in gear. I think it was an ENTP that I once tried smoking kitchen herbs with... (basil, thyme, etc). (We were bored indeed.)

When I actually find an ENTP (they're rare where I am), we get along epically. We get pretty noisy. To the point where we get shushed by strangers. LOL

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know any ENTPs in real life, and I don't think I ever have...

Most of the ones online are troll lords. Yes, I know that I can troll hard too :bored:
But to answer the question: Yes, I do get along with people of my own personality type...
ENTP's are the hardest type to find. I think that I've known about 4 ENTP's in my entire life (and I know a shit load of people, so that's saying a lot).

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
I met two INFP's in real life, we got along really, really well.
*sighs* I love my type -- my peeps kick ass!

Reactions: Drea

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I think it would be almost impossible for two ISTPs to not get along with one another. Really now, how are two recluses gonna bother each other?

ISTP A: I want to be left the hell alone.
ISTP B: Me too.

It's settled.

(That was tongue-in-cheek... sort of.)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I only know one other ISFP, and she's cool :)

Honestly, I prefer NFP's though. But I don't mix too well with NFJ's :confused:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts