Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, i dunno if the question is clear or not. but its hard for me to explain.

ok, here goes.
i tend to disagree or criticize or find faults in all ideas, or propositions, or anything of that sort. i dont mean to argue with them. but, i tend to do it cuz, i just cant accept things without doing that. so i end up arguing or more like locating flaws n pointing them out. sometimes ppl think i look down on them, n sometimes it pisses them off.
but what i hate the most is, when ppl thnk im silly just cuz they couldnt understand wat i was saying or cant thnk of a come back. does this ever happen to you??...am i at wrong for finding faults and trying to point out the flaws?...am i just doin this to establish the fact that im smarter or superior??...is that bad or good? shld i just say thats how i am?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but if you're asking if INTJs tend to agree unanimously at questions..
from what I've seen in the forum, it's not rare for two INTJs to 'argue' something while arguing for the same side. I wouldn't call it arguing, but I do know it probably looks intense from the outside looking in. It's also not rare for two INTJs to agree and be on the same side while debating the reasoning. From what I saw in the "Hitler Time Machine (Philosophical Scenario)" post, most people agreed that they wouldn't kill Hitler, but there is still a lot of conversation going on. Of course there are other topics where the INTJs opinions go everywhere.

but what i hate the most is, when ppl thnk im silly just cuz they couldnt understand wat i was saying or thnk of a come back.
You hate when people think of a comeback? A humorous, non-serious comeback, or a logical comeback that disputes what you said? If it's the former, I can understand annoyance, but if it's the latter I don't see why you would hate that. It's what you're after, after all. If people can't understand you, you probably need to try coming across more clearly. That includes typing more clearly as well. You really can't get angry or annoyed at people for not understanding you when you fail to type clearly.

am i at wrong for finding faults and trying to point out the flaws?...am i just doin this to establish the fact that im smarter or superior??...is that bad or good? shld i just say thats how i am?
Depends on what you're finding faults in. Finding faults and pointing out flaws is fundamental in plenty of situations. Pointing out flaws in things like people is more risky and can be unhealthy, as it can be a byproduct of low self esteem or emotional manipulation.

If you think you're doing it to establish the fact that you're smarter or superior, it can be because you don't feel accepted by those around you and therefor you want to prove yourself. Feeling the need to prove yourself is an immature trait, and can be the sign of lacking self-acceptance. If you are accepting of who you are, you should't feel the need to prove yourself; you know who you are, so why should it matter what others think? You don't need others to validate how you feel or who you are. So in that case, i'd probably say no, it's not a good thing. Wanting to prove this 'superiority' probably isn't how you are, but how you are is making you want to prove yourself. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i meant, even while talkin i somehow manage to get into arguments or tend to disagree.

i get annoyed when im called silly cuz they couldnt think of a sensible come back and prefer to take mine as invalid or spoken from a naive person.

i dont FEEL like im establishin my superiority. but im wondering wat if im trying to do that without knowing. like something out of my control. i have this intense urge to find faults and criticize. not to undermine them but in the hopes that i'll find my own answer to some of my questions or hoping that they will improve. but the thinking behind this hope, might be something selfish, to make myself feel smart???...

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't know if argue is the right word for it because no anger or frustration is involved , well mostly . Debate is a much better term for it since we express our opinions in a calm and collected manner . If anyone has anything to add to this statement , please do .

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
That's a pretty common NT issue. I don't think most of us do it for bad reasons, we just don't always pay attention to how it might be perceived. If you want to correct it, I recommend more use of qualifying terms, feigned signs of uncertainty in your own idea, and attempts to be diplomatic and absorb their idea into your own.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i dont FEEL like im establishin my superiority. but im wondering wat if im trying to do that without knowing. like something out of my control. i have this intense urge to find faults and criticize. not to undermine them but in the hopes that i'll find my own answer to some of my questions or hoping that they will improve. but the thinking behind this hope, might be something selfish, to make myself feel smart???...
It's possible it's happening unconsciously, and if it is happening unconsciously it's probably because -- unconsciously -- you're aware you don't exactly fit in. I don't think that's what you're doing though.

"not to undermine them but in the hopes that i'll find my own answer to some of my questions". Seems like you answered your question yourself. It's not necessarily 'who you are', but it is how you think. No shame in that.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
In response to your question Fi usually leads to strong opinions about things, and these are personal to the individual. So differences of opinion are not unusual.

On an unrelated note (and I may be wrong), your posting tone (and disregard for grammar) sounds like you're not an Ni dom.

·
Registered
539 Posts
In response to your question Fi usually leads to strong opinions about things, and these are personal to the individual. So differences of opinion are not unusual.

On an unrelated note (and I may be wrong), your posting tone (and disregard for grammar) sounds like you're not an Ni dom.
I was thinking the same thing but had no idea how to bring it up.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I agree. Please don't use the text speak. It's fine for short texts but hard to read in longer posts.

Now back to the original question. I get myself in trouble when someone states an opinion and I point out where their logic is flawed or otherwise does not hold true. I generally tend to state it in a matter of fact, blunt way which some people take the wrong way. Like I'm calling them out or something. Whatever. If you are going to say something you haven't thought through then be prepared for someone else to call you on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ everyone who pointed out my spelling mistakes and grammar are annoying. sorry about that. its just a habit and im trying to improve. so please bear with me for a little while. thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts