Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed this. If left to their own devices they will talk and talk and talk.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I've begun categorizing myself more as an INFJ, but with some S tendencies, but I would say that I don't do this. I actually tend to spend more time NOT talking, and doing the listening. I do like to chime in with my stories that coincide with someone else's, but I'm not really a gabber. I'm pretty private unless I'm very comfortable with you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Personally, in general, I am quiet rather than a talker. I listen to those around me and provide an opinion when it will help, but don't grandstand much.

However, I CAN talk for a while about nothing in particular, if it will entertain my friends. It has been termed my BS switch, and I can rationalize most anything and speak quite reasonably about nonsense.

Will I ramble when alone? Um, occasionally? :) But, mostly when work's hard and I need to let off some steam and listen to something ridiculous.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm not a good talker. I need input from other people before I start to speak and I'm not good at maintaining conversations (hate those awkward silences). Unless it's with someone I know really well or feel comfortable with.
Although I can become pretty chatty when talking about a particular subject that interests me/I know a lot about.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Personally, in general, I am quiet rather than a talker. I listen to those around me and provide an opinion when it will help, but don't grandstand much.

However, I CAN talk for a while about nothing in particular, if it will entertain my friends. It has been termed my BS switch, and I can rationalize most anything and speak quite reasonably about nonsense.

Will I ramble when alone? Um, occasionally? :) But, mostly when work's hard and I need to let off some steam and listen to something ridiculous.
That sounds about right for me too. Most of the time, I keep my thoughts inside and don't talk a whole lot around people, and I'm usually very quiet in groups.

However, once I find someone who I'm comfortable with, I can go on and on about something. I think what happens sometimes is ISFJ's bottle up their thoughts and emotions so much because they don't want to hurt, offend, or bother someone, so when they do finally find someone who will listen, they let everything out and talk a lot.

·
Registered
878 Posts
However, once I find someone who I'm comfortable with, I can go on and on about something. I think what happens sometimes is ISFJ's bottle up their thoughts and emotions so much because they don't want to hurt, offend, or bother someone, so when they do finally find someone who will listen, they let everything out and talk a lot.
Teddy, once again you have externalised my thoughts -- how do you do that?

I will tend to hang back, not talk, not share, not ramble if I'm in a new or uncomfortable situation. At these times my words will tend to be weighed, measured and short and to the point. However, when I find those one or two people I can really open up to then yes I can talk and talk and talk about anything and everything.

Reactions: jamescarrolls

·
Registered
268 Posts
I *sometimes* ramble if I feel the other person is uncomfortable about something, or is stuck on a thought that is upsetting them. Ramble on and on and on in the hopes it will help them forget about what they are thinking of?

I can also ramble if I've had too much coffee.......

Note-my rambling is always one-on-one with someone though, no group rambles for me :laughing:

Reactions: jamescarrolls

·
Registered
64 Posts
Basically this. I talk a lot to people I talk to. Otherwise I'm pretty quiet. On a good day though, if I can jump into a conversation pertaining to my interests or something I feel I'm well informed about, I will do so, if only to say a thing or two. Depends on how people react.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I ramble out of nervousness. I won't initiate conversations too often, but if something is brought up and I did not expect it or they are staring me down, I become anxious and stutter or repeat myself.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Ahh, so that's why my mother does that!

Don't mind listening to her ramble on, though. I consider it as a filial duty, of sorts. :wink:

·
Registered
98 Posts
That sounds about right for me too. Most of the time, I keep my thoughts inside and don't talk a whole lot around people, and I'm usually very quiet in groups.

Sounds spot on for me as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.