Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know ISTP's love adventure. I wonder if its the combination of a sensor's inability to see the future, mixed with a perciever's craving for more and more information. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
No, they crave attention.
I dunno about that. Isn't that an extrovert thing?

DJ, good question re: adventure. I think it's fairly obvious for ISTPs and ESTPs, but it would be interesting to know about the ISFPs and ESFPs. Aren't they more artistic than adventurous?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I dunno about that. Isn't that an extrovert thing?

DJ, good question re: adventure. I think it's fairly obvious for ISTPs and ESTPs, but it would be interesting to know about the ISFPs and ESFPs. Aren't they more artistic than adventurous?
IDK, I'm an E and I hate attention.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
IDK, I'm an E and I hate attention.
And yet you come into other groups forums and make intentionally provocative, almost to the point of insulting posts.

That looks to me like the actions of somebody that can't stand not being the center of attention.

Just saying...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I know ISTP's love adventure. I wonder if its the combination of a sensor's inability to see the future, mixed with a perciever's craving for more and more information. What do you think?
I am not sure. I do know my favorite jobs have involved a decently high mix of risk, and technical ability.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Not really, I don't think so. I'm not adventurous person, i'm rather scared to do anything that is out of control.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Except that most high risk activities require large degrees of contingency planning.

It could actually as easily be because becoming involved in high risk activities forces them to imagine future events and plan for them.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I don't know if I can agree with the inability to see the future bit. As long as I remember, I've been adventurous to a limit: I always saw the worst case scenario of a dangerous act play and replay for my inner vision - but I've always made a point of doing what I could to reduce the risks involved, and then overcoming my fears.
When I take part in an adventurous activity, it's never without seeing the possible negative outcomes, it's just that I like the rush more than I fear the consequences - after I've taken the necessary precautions.

But there are some things I simply don't do.

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,547 Posts
Some say I live on the wild side? But in my opinion no I'm not as adventurous as I'd like to be

Reactions: Indigo Aria

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Some say I live on the wild side? But in my opinion no I'm not as adventurous as I'd like to be
same here. I always wanted to be that wild person that everyone thought was nuts. seems like every day I get closer to it though, and I've been working on it.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I crave a day when I can just go out into a new world, with no plan past eat, sleep comfortably, have fun, learn and discover new thing, desperately. But I'll probably just end up living a dull life, living out those dreams through writing -_- - not that I'm a writer, I just see it happening. I wish there was something more, or the world was a little less...discovered, and I was less lazy - hadn't lost alot of my passion, like I've been half asleep for the last few years most of the time.

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,547 Posts
I crave a day when I can just go out into a new world, with no plan past eat, sleep comfortably, have fun, learn and discover new thing, desperately. But I'll probably just end up living a dull life, living out those dreams through writing -_- - not that I'm a writer, I just see it happening. I wish there was something more, or the world was a little less...discovered, and I was less lazy - hadn't lost alot of my passion, like I've been half asleep for the last few years most of the time.

Things like writing or composing are very adventurous to me. I find it fascinating to be able to express yourself imaginatively and so many things can be discovered through writing.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Things like writing or composing are very adventurous to me. I find it fascinating to be able to express yourself imaginatively and so many things can be discovered through writing.
I do enjoy creative acts, I just wish I could get my act together and push myself right out of my easy, comfortable frame of existence. I guess I want to start momentum to try and change the world, but only after having adventured myself away from home, and into dealing with what comes my way. A test and learning experience I guess.

Staying feels sort've suffocating, leaving feels exhausting.

Like the way I pretty much cured my social anxiety was putting myself in the deep end. I think it's sort've healthy for me.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Well I'm not an SP by any means, but I have dated or been seeing each of the SPs (except ISTP at some point)...

ESFP... was always on the go and kind of liked to "live on the wild side" as someone else said. I saw it as pretty adventurous. He was fairly artistic too when he wanted to be... enjoyed writing song lyrics.

ISFP... always hated to plan stuff and would get mad at me every time I wanted to plan something. He preferred things to be in a "spur of the moment". I honestly think he wanted to be with someone like himself (a fellow ISFP) or be with someone with primary Se, so ESFP or ESTP.

ESTP... doesn't plan much either, but he'll go with it if someone else wants to. You could never keep fully track where he was -- he might be back where he's currently living or working or off at some party in a college town having multiple beers. Guess that's true with the ESFP I knew as well - you could never fully keep track as to where he was.

Seems that anybody with a primary or secondary (mostly primary though) Se function are just always thriving for that stimulation of the moment... always appear so outgoing and just flirtatious.
All the while I'm in my room perfectly content with a book and a cup of tea by myself. They help me get out and enjoy life at the moment rather than be looking ahead so much, since that's where my mind always seems to be.

Reactions: Slkmcphee

·
Registered
212 Posts
I like a good adventure, but I don't really do anything particularly risky. I guess exploration and experimentation are closer words than adventure to what I do often, although I do go out on the occasional "adventure". (Like, when I go out to take photos not knowing where I'm going or what I'm doing, I just start aimlessly driving and stop whenever something catches my eye--that's an adventure to me). But I also relate to the laziness thing, sometimes I'm just in a lazy period and don't feel like doing much at all. *shrug* Plus, I relate to the wishing I was more adventurous thing. Definitely.

I don't think wanting attention is part of this at all. I actually kind of hate attention (in person, especially). I won an award at school recently and I felt really weird....... bleh. Haha. Winning is good, but attention is weird.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hmm, well when I say adventure, I'm talking exploration too, of any medium: books, video games, movies, wilderness, physical stuff, board games, dungeons and dragons etc.
I'm an adventurous person. And from the way you described it, I like the exploration things too. I mean, what are they existed for in the first place if not for us to "crack" it? I could get crazy in one of those stuffs for about a month or so, and then gradually the feeling would die. But it's fine since I'll find another new things to try.

I think what makes me crazy about this adventure thing is by knowing I'm one step ahead from anybody else in trying something. And they don't know about it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts