Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always assume everyone has a reason for acting the way they do. When someone is doing something stupid and everyone around is getting pissed off, mumbling about how annoying they are or talking behind their backs about them, I am always shocked at the stuff I either don't notice or don't mind at all.

Often times, I find idiots to be very entertaining. I also enjoy talking to people that are often called "weird" or "creepy", or even "bad".

Is this a me thing, or is it an ENTP thing?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
The only people I don't enjoy are the ones that don't have a point.

Reactions: Quinault NDN

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed.

Just in case, MY point is: I don't judge people. I fact, I didn't really understand judgements until I began studying MBTI. Is this common for ENTPs, or does it transcend MBTIs J vs P?

Reworded - Do most Ps avoid negative judgments of others unless actively disrespected or wronged?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Agreed.

Just in case, MY point is: I don't judge people. I fact, I didn't really understand judgements until I began studying MBTI. Is this common for ENTPs, or does it transcend MBTIs J vs P?

Reworded - Do most Ps avoid negative judgments of others unless actively disrespected or wronged?
It actually probably has something more to do with the fact that our dominant judging function, Ti, is introverted. Our "judgments" are subjective, and we tend to keep them to ourselves unless we want/need to vocalize them (which is often :p )

What P and J refers to in MBTI nomenclature is which of your first two functions is extraverted - P for perceiving, J for judging.

·
Registered
74 Posts
In combination I use what people say and what they actually do as a sorting tool. This may come from the experience in the military as well where many people talk a big game but when it comes down to it they fumble and those individuals tended to be the weak link and would most often fail me. I am not going to judge harshly if this happens occasionally I try to be very careful when it comes to making sure I write checks my ass can cash but even I slip. However, if this is a frequent occurrence I tend to see them as someone who is insecure,impotent, and not trustworthy. I don't like people who talk behind the backs of others too. If I have a problem with someone I will either address it or keep it to myself depending on which is more beneficial.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I guess I understand why people get offended at some things, but I very rarely get offended by the same things. I seem to "upset" some people too, despite my own will :( It's like I'm too intimidating. It feels like there's a barrier I can't break between some people and I, or that requires a lot of effort and "opening up" on my part to break. Which is too much stress and effort, and which is why I take some time to warm up to others. Wish there were more extraverts/NTs in my vicinity

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Depends. l learned most of what l'd now call street smarts from hanging around S types, ESTP mostly. Which involved judgement l was previously lacking.

l don't get offended personally, but after having a few close friendships with NFs and even lNTJ's, l can more clearly understand why some people do.

There's a balance to strike, l used to have pretty awful judgment in both areas but l just considered myself very open minded and l was kind of stupid :3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts