Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So hey I was wondering if any other ENFPs count on their fingers when they do math. I like to count on my fingers but it's not like I'm actually looking at my fingers when I'm doing it, it just helps me keep track of my thoughts. Do you think it's Te that makes me do that? Any other conclusions?
Anyone else do it?
Also anyone have problems with left and right sometimes?

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Not really. I just do them in my head- counting on fingers wouldn't help me personally, it feels like it'd probably slow me down, but we all function differently. I do, do this thing where if I need to remember a phone number immediately I put the first half of the number across my vision and chant the last half. Then when I need to recite it I read what's across my vision, whilst still chanting, and do the final chant to complete.

Left&Right? Not really either, a sense of direction is one of my biggest strengths..

I think these types of things aren't too related to mbti. If you were to map out the brain, these types of things would be in a different area to function use. e.g. visual/kinesthetic & sense of direction.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I hate math, I'm daydreaming half the time... I use my fingers sometimes. :kitteh: And I visualize the number line in my head.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I count on my fingers for comedic effect, even though most of the time I can do the math in my head.

Reactions: ECM

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I suck at maths, very badly, I almost failed at school. Though my difficulty is related to Dyspraxia as well. But yes, I use fingers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah almost always, even though I love maths and tend to be good at it, I'm dreadful at mental maths no matter how easy and always need something real to grasp and make sense of it in case I make a mistake w it (((:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
More often than I realize. I do it to hold counters for when I can't do basic math (7 + 8). That's about it~

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I usually do math calculation in my mind, though I will occasionally count with my fingers as well since math isn't one of my strengths.

Btw, how is this related with being an ENFP? :confused:

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,130 Posts
Strangely, I do! Weird part is, I am very strong at math and can do a lot of calculating in my head. For some reason, though, I tend to finger count TIME. How many months until a birth, how many years have I lived here, etc. Not sure why.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't.I like mental math.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes!
I really don't like math :( I'm glad I eventually passed it tbh, too many numbers and sequences that always slipped out of my head I am really glad I got it over and done with XD

·
Registered
421 Posts
yes!
I prefer not to, but I just need that visual reassurance sometimes xD

1 - 20 of 26 Posts