Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason ISTJs and ISFJs are attracted to me, as friends and as more than friends. They tend to talk about everyday stuff and I make the conversation about my interests or something about philosophy or the world (big-picture stuff). So it's an interesting mix but I do get bored if I talk to them for long periods of time. They actually really enjoy listening to me ramble and leap from topic to topic Ne-style. They do have Ne-inferior so I guess that's where the attraction comes from. I do have INTJ, INFJ, ISTP and INFP friends too and I enjoy talking to them too.

Do other INTPs find that they keep attracting Si-doms?

Lol, when I was in high school, an ISTJ had a huge crush on me and I had to run the hell away!

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
For some reason ISTJs and ISFJs are attracted to me, as friends and as more than friends. They tend to talk about everyday stuff and I make the conversation about my interests or something about philosophy or the world (big-picture stuff). So it's an interesting mix but I do get bored if I talk to them for long periods of time. They actually really enjoy listening to me ramble and leap from topic to topic Ne-style. They do have Ne-inferior so I guess that's where the attraction comes from. I do have INTJ, INFJ, ISTP and INFP friends too and I enjoy talking to them too.

Do other INTPs find that they keep attracting Si-doms?

Lol, when I was in high school, an ISTJ had a huge crush on me and I had to run the hell away!
Yes, it is possible.

But then again most of the popuatlion is kind of Si-dom. ISFJ and ISTJ are the 1st and 3rd most common MBTI apparently

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I've had the same experiences with ISFJs. It's not difficult to hold an intellectual convo with a lot of them, they'll seem to encourage it along. They're an underestimated type a lot of the time, and one of the easiest ones to open up to. I remember a class I took where we took the MBTI, there was an Iranian girl in there that I talked to a lot that turned out to be an ISFJ. I asked her once what she thought was the biggest fault of Americans, she said they weren't spiritual enough. She was very religious and wanted to be a doctor. Alright, I'm done being absurdly specific with examples.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was thinking of a similar thing.
The way I dress kinda attracts them to me though.
" yo nice shoes ", "I like your hat", etc.

caution: i'm still learning how to type people, but i'm certain that the ones i'm talking about are Si-dom.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
I married an ISFJ.

You should also be mindful that you may be attracted to them. :wink:

Check it out;

INTP ISFJ

Ti Si
Ne Fe
Si Ti
Fe Ne

They compliment the shit out of each other, just so long as they're focused on the same objective. That is, each of your auxiliary functions are the other's inferior function, so boldly flaunting what is most distant. They naturally pick up the other's slack! In addition, their primary and tertiary functions overlap, so they also readily identify with the other. If you find an ISFJ partner who shares a lot of common interests, you may want to consider the long term.

Reactions: Massiv0r
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.