Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I'm repeating an established thread, I don't feel like looking it up and I'm sure you'll jump at the opportunity to correct me anyway.

It occurred to me that every man who has fancied me in the past few years fits the description of being unassuming, quiet and bookish. I'll refrain from making concrete assumptions about their types because I never developed a substantial relationship with any of them. I'm only certain that one is a total ISFP and the the other is an INTJ.

So what are your experiences?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I would guess mostly extroverted sensors tend to seem to be the kind of guys who make the random hit ons when I am out an about.

As far as deeper romantic dealings, introverted feelers by a long shot. If I don't scare them away with my forthright demeanor and confidence.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I tend to think I attract feeler types more often than thinker types oddly enough who are either introverted extroverts or are just introverted. The guy I am currently on somewhat more than friendly terms with I think is actually INFJ (he took the mbti a few years ago). A guy I recently have attracted but is not my type (got creepy on me) is an ISFP (took the test as well) and another I have attracted but things did not work out was an ESFJ guy (again also took the test ha ha). My last ex I believe to be an NF type, probably one of the introverted ones (is more of an extroverted introvert however).

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Sorry if I'm repeating an established thread, I don't feel like looking it up and I'm sure you'll jump at the opportunity to correct me anyway.

It occurred to me that every man who has fancied me in the past few years fits the description of being unassuming, quiet and bookish. I'll refrain from making concrete assumptions about their types because I never developed a substantial relationship with any of them. I'm only certain that one is a total ISFP and the the other is an INTJ.

So what are your experiences?
Introverts, mostly. Though I believe it is futile to try to isolate which type is the most attracted to me, out of all others. ENTPs are known for being versatile.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I attract all types but I like to pursue women I perceive as a challenge. This usually commences in the following cycle:

Playful power Struggle -> Rough yet playful Sex -> Cuddling to Movies -> Angry Power Struggle -> Tears -> Angry Sex -> Tears -> Romantic Date to kiss and make up -> Loving Sex -> Cuddling to Movies -> Make Breakfast together -> Power Struggle over breakfast -> Power Struggle over lunch -> Power Struggle over dinner -> Tears -> Tears -> Tears -> Break Up -> Cry-whacking it in the shower :crying:

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
I have a very "innocent" and "cute" appearance in real life, but I also have that damn ENTP personality. :p So I seem to attract two types of men usually: Dominant men looking for a challenge (men who think they can be the one to tame me) and lost men looking for a Manic Pixie Dream Girl (the mythical, unattached, independent quirky chick who teaches men how to love life and be free through sex).

But I try to find the more elusive third type: independent, strong-willed, brilliant men looking for an equal and partner in crime. :)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Feelers tended to be a attracted to me. I tended to be attracted to Thinkers.

Introverts have always been attracted to me and I to them. The Extroverts that I have dated always end up in a power struggle with me. A borderline Extrovert is fine. I also have been very attracted to people with drive and a bit of ambition in life (although not over the top, just enough to succeed and not enough to be an asshole). I think it may be to give me the drive to be ambitious in life too to make up for my weaknesses.

I also seemed to really like Sensors for romantic relationships although low Ns were ok. Again I think it is because I am a pretty strong NP so I am balancing it out with SJs.

So I/low ExTJ. I married an ISTJ.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have dated almost all different types, equal between feelers and thinkers. I've never noticed a trend amongst the type of men who seek me out.

But, I tend to prefer thinking types. I've settled on an INTJ and I love it:)

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I attract INFJs ( in an awesome relationship with one now), INTPs , INTJs, and INFPs. I don't know why the introverted intuits and I just click but we do.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Same here: mostly INFJ and INTJ.
I click very well with INTJ's intellectually and have the interest of several ones but they're a bit clinical for my tastes.
INFJ's is pure fireworks.. they can really get me to feel truly connected.

Also INFP... had several E's (ENFJ / ENFP) interested as well.

ISFJ's have really actively hit on me (very unlike them as 2 admitted), but after a pretty long relationship with one I'm holding them off, as with their S preference problems arise with my strong N. It simply has no future, and they're really the 'nesting' type. I'm not. Generally like them, so prefer not to hurt them doing a short fling while now knowing upfront I'm going to ditch them anyway.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I seem to attract really quiet girls, always have. Most extroverted girls tend to overlook me, which is fine because I tend to like introverts better anyway. Except ENFP chicks, they rock.

But usually the girls that have expressed some kind of interest, be it subtle or blatant (I'm pretty good at picking up on that despite rarely acting on it due to a lack of mutual interest) tend to be IxFPs or IxFJs. I don't know what it is with IxFJ girls, but it's so obvious when they're into someone. I get the feeling most of them think they're being discreet with their excessive staring and smiling but it's very obvious. I can read them easier than most other girls. Maybe it's the Fe.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I don't want this to come across as though I'm making out to be a victim or whatever......but I really don't have much experience with people romantically seeking me out. Or if they have, I've been too blind to see it. At the moment, there's maybe one girl at a cafe that's been giving me a big smile lately (her behavior seemed to change around me after I made a joke one day)....That's about it (besides having a sort of girlfriend who isn't my girlfriend).

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I usually act like a dick when I think they want to pursue a romantic relationship.

I mean I don't even have a job, don't think I can do anything fun with people.
Before you ask, no I don't think I need money for a relationship.

I need money to do entertaining things so I don't get bored and end up isolating myself so I don't go insane from being bored amongst a huge group of people.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am usually pursued by introverts. My energy and enthusiasm draw them like a moth to flame. The key is to be outgoing and not be put off their possible standoff nature. It's like hard candy, rough outside but awesomeness on the inside. You just have patient and charm them.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
IxFx seem to seek me out, but really Ixxx in general. DH is INTJ. I think I could have my pick of IxFx guys because they seem to be attracted to me. But feelers (especially introverted ones) make me feel smothered. Love my crabby INTJ husband though. We have stimulating conversations and he's intense without being clingy.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
IxFx seem to seek me out, but really Ixxx in general. DH is INTJ. I think I could have my pick of IxFx guys because they seem to be attracted to me. But feelers (especially introverted ones) make me feel smothered. Love my crabby INTJ husband though. We have stimulating conversations and he's intense without being clingy.
Clingy kills me. IxFxs have been very clingy in my past and although it was nice at first, I always left because they were smothering me. I got me an ISTJ.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Clingy kills me. IxFxs have been very clingy in my past and although it was nice at first, I always left because they were smothering me. I got me an ISTJ.
They can be creepy too in the very beginning, right? They have that quietly staring from far away thing going on with this earnest look that I find to be really intimidating. As if they are going to be super serious right off the bat if I even talk to them.

And I feel bad because I know how hard it must be for someone with that personality type to get up the nerve to talk to someone, especially someone they like. But I just am not interested. It's uncomfortable all around.

Reactions: Geonerd

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
They can be creepy too in the very beginning, right? They have that quietly staring from far away thing going on with this earnest look that I find to be really intimidating. As if they are going to be super serious right off the bat if I even talk to them.

And I feel bad because I know how hard it must be for someone with that personality type to get up the nerve to talk to someone, especially someone they like. But I just am not interested. It's uncomfortable all around.
I wonder if it is a gender thing a bit. If you read the comments, it seems like a lot of the straight ENTP men like F women while the straight ENTP women like T guys. Since women are "supposed" to be emotional and feelers and men are "supposed" to be strong and unemotional by society's standards, maybe as Thinking women we tend toward other Thinkers because we think of feelers as "weak".

This is just a bunch of hypothetical psycho babble crap, so who knows. I just know, feelers get too intense too quick for my liking.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I wonder if it is a gender thing a bit. If you read the comments, it seems like a lot of the straight ENTP men like F women while the straight ENTP women like T guys. Since women are "supposed" to be emotional and feelers and men are "supposed" to be strong and unemotional by society's standards, maybe as Thinking women we tend toward other Thinkers because we think of feelers as "weak".

This is just a bunch of hypothetical psycho babble crap, so who knows. I just know, feelers get too intense too quick for my liking.
I'm totally with you on that. I don't really have anything to add, but I think you were spot on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts