Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Do certain types seem to 'grow up' faster, or try to act all old, responsible, grown up, or adult or 'mature' earlier than others? Like in childhood and adolescence, but also avoiding any perceived childishness or childlikeness as an adult. Like SJs seem more this way than say NFs.

Like as a kid I was pretty oblivious of all these social protocols or relations, yet talking to old classmates they seemed like they were a lot more 'aware.'

Registered
I have always been hit or miss I can be very adult ST (I am sure) but I can also be a goofball (EP). SO I cant speak for others but I think my type can fly under the radar and seem very adult like when needed but at heart are probably just always in touch with an inner child. I can be anywhere from coming across like a drill sergeant to being a complete goof.

I would think just off stereotype alone, that STJ, & NTJ probably come off the most adult like no matter what age.

With likely STP, NFJ, & SFJ being hit or miss on that.

NTP seem often like they are not quite acclimated to the seriousness above nor the like of the below. Somewhere in the middle of these two sections.

I think NFP and SFP often do seem likely to often be like perpetual children at hearts.

Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
Eh..

I do not think one ''grows up faster'' than the other, but rather, has differeriating mindsets --> persona judo - rather than ''different'' maturity levels .. (re: cognitive development) generally speaking [ ... ]

---> The INTJ child (vis-脿-vis) ESFP child <--- may seem more ''grown-up'' (re: introversion / different diversions et al ..) but is still highly immature via emotional + mental development .. while the ESFP, respectfully, (re: Extroversion / different preoccupations et al ..) may seem immature, however may be very well more acquipped than the INTJ in a different scenario via innately dominant skill sets & preoccupational judo. Looking at it this way, the ESFP never matures.

But, I suppose it should boil down to what it means to grow up ..

Is locked away from social interaction (re: Unhealthy Introversion mind-sets) Mature? - Is partying all night long (re: Unhealthy Extroversion mind-sets) - Mature?

Banned
Although I have my moments of silliness, I've always been told since childhood that I act older than I am. To this day I still get that comment.

I'm not sure this is type-related, though.

Registered
Those I know who seem to have "matured" the fastest would be myself (INFJ) and an INTJ. I don't necessarily think it has anything to do with actually growing up faster, becoming any wiser faster than others. I just think we might have a tendency towards brooding, stillness and a perfectionistic streak, and perhaps also an interest in the theoretical, which could make us appear more adult-like as children.

Registered
I act a lot less mature than I really am, I admit. Once I've analyzed something over deeply in my head and know I can push the boundaries, I'll do it for fun. I "got away" with a lot of stuff as a teenager not because I was lucky but because I saw the loopholes in the rules lol.

INFP's, despite their childlike charm, actually tend to be very old souls in my opinion. ENFP's are more childlike to me lol. SJ's and NTJ's always seem old however. NFJ's are kinda...eh. Insightful but they love playing around with their friends. STP's can seem mature in that they're realistic but their idea of fun is kinda kid-like, same with NTP's.

Registered
I have no idea which type grows the fastest.
I think I'm an INFJ and I know that at heart I do not fit in with anyone my age.
I can relate, I can understand them, I can even be part of another group.
Most of the time I feel as though I am too focused.
People are always telling me to take it easy.

Registered
I've been told countless times that I act mature for my age. However, I know experience is real maturity, and I will never be as wise as someone who has gone through life. Though, even older people act immature at times.

Registered
Personally, I think all types are capable of maturing at the same rate, but each person does so in a unique way. According to society, it would be SJs, because the world basically revolves around them, so if you're not a part of the SJ majority, you're basically considered immature or mentally ill, usually.

Registered
I honestly don't know. Maybe the INFJ's?? All that focused action on helping others might come off as mature. I've been told countless times im much "older" than my age group. Since I was 19 I've loved on my own, formulated my own unique opinions and beliefs, traveled to three foreign countries, etc.

I give that credit for my focusing on outside forces. The world is bigger than me, so I love as if that were the truth. I don't know xD

Registered
In my experience, Ne, Ti, Fi, and Se seem to make someone seem younger than their actual age, while Ni, Te, Fe and Si makes someone seem older than their actual age.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts