Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in school, and i can never manage to do my homework, funny thing is that i always get good marks- but i cant seem to get my homework in on time . Is it just me or do allot of other entps have the same habit.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Im in school, and i can never manage to do my homework, funny thing is that i always get good marks- but i cant seem to get my homework in on time . Is it just me or do allot of other entps have the same habit.
Lucky. :dry: Where I go to school, you have to turn it in ON TIME, hard-copy at the beginning of class. If you even turn it in 10 minutes late, you get no credit. And there goes 25% of your grade. Meaning a C is the highest grade you can get in the semester, assuming you get 100% on ALL the tests. (Impossible, the average is usually 40-70%, and there's no curve!)

For that reason, I'm either militant about doing my homework right-on-the-dot, or I just say "fuck it" to the class altogether. Some J I am. :crazy:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
No, I was rubbish at it. Times have changed though, and there's a lot more continuous assessment, projects to complete, now. I'd find it harder to succeed in school today.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Lucky. :dry: Where I go to school, you have to turn it in ON TIME, hard-copy at the beginning of class. If you even turn it in 10 minutes late, you get no credit. And there goes 25% of your grade. Meaning a C is the highest grade you can get in the semester, assuming you get 100% on ALL the tests. (Impossible, the average is usually 40-70%, and there's no curve!)

For that reason, I'm either militant about doing my homework right-on-the-dot, or I just say "fuck it" to the class altogether. Some J I am. :crazy:
Pffff, I'm a J and I never do my homework, so how can I have it in on time? :p

Waste of time. I could die tomorrow and I don't want my 'flashback' to be full of me doing homework.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I was a master at BSing homework. Writing random crap that sounded like I knew what I was talking about was always a strong suit for me. Except for a couple of actually attentive teachers I had, I could mostly spend five minutes on what sound have been an hour of homework and get full credit.

If I couldn't effectively BS it (as was often the case in math) I tended to blow it off. :cool:

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I never did my homework (middle school / high school), and I got C's

Well, we don't use the A-F system we use 1-6 where 6 is top grade and 1 is lowest. I got 3's and 4's mostly, sometimes 2's and 5's. I got 6 in WW1 and WW2 history even though I didn't study AT ALL. 5 in English even though I didn't study AT ALL, and then 2 in Norwegian even though I'm 100% Norwegian and speak Norwegian fluently...

·
Banned
998 Posts
Only if its for marks. Tests I study the night before. I'm in my final year of engineering too. I do less work on school than anyone else I know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I never do my homework. In my country, school don't seem to be all that serious compared to schools in other places of the world. I basicly just skip the homework, and in the end of the semester I ask my teachers what I need to do to pass the course. And then I do it.
So much easier that way.

EDIT: When I mean school is much easier over here i of course mean it's much easier at this level. You can't do like this in higher studies.

·
Registered
733 Posts
God no. I had parent teacher conferences from the age of five because of it. In my high school, homework consisted of 60% of your grade. Almost didn't graduate.

In college I did really well. I could really B.S. through a lot of classes except math, physics, and engineering.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
God no. I had parent teacher conferences from the age of five because of it. In my high school, homework consisted of 60% of your grade. Almost didn't graduate.

In college I did really well. I could really B.S. through a lot of classes except math, physics, and engineering.
Also, the more concentrated in your major you get, the less BS'ing works. I BS'ed my way through the beginning Accounting courses, but once I hit Intermediate Accounting I and II, I found that you *really* have to memorize everything, because nothing's intuitive - the rules are exceedingly specific, methodic, long-winded and man-made.

And the easiest way to get things down by rote is to just do the practice problems, painful as it is. Of course it prepares you for the 100 hour weeks most CPAs put in public firms...

I imagine this would apply to most subjects as well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
No. But i could charm my way out it with the teachers, or did it on the same morning before they arrived. I also have to be grateful for having internet when most teachers were just starting to learn office.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hahaha thanks for ur replies, i found them funny...... i cant for the life of me hand in anything on time, im a super procrastinator, but then again i manage to pull it of, but it is a bad, and dangerous habit.....im slowly trying to get rid of this bad habit.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Being raised by an INTJ dad and an INFJ mom has helped me be better at getting things done on time than most ENTPs on here. Especially as of recently I've really been functioning really well. Keeping things organized enough so that I do things within a reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
lol. homework. No I never did my homework in middle school, or high school, and there is a lot less to do in college and I still do not do it :crazy: I should do it but every time I start my homework. I always end up letting myself find something better to do until I just completely forget about it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I never complete my homework at home. I always try to figure out if I can do it the next day before the class it's due in. If I see no other way I might try to do it at home but it's tough for me.

So depending upon the class and the difficulty of the homework the time I turn it in varies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OOoooooohhh im new here hohoho..Homework. Usually do it at the completely last minute in some kind of magical burst of mental energy.And i end up getting a good grade..
Just took my first college psychology test. Everyone studies and shit. I havent opened the book once and i get an 89% on the test, which was one of the higher grades....ohhh yeeaa.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OOoooooohhh im new here hohoho..Homework. Usually do it at the completely last minute in some kind of magical burst of mental energy.And i end up getting a good grade..
Just took my first college psychology test. Everyone studies and shit. I havent opened the book once and i get an 89% on the test, which was one of the higher grades....ohhh yeeaa.
you should have gotten 90% i hate when teachers give me anything ending in a 9

1 - 20 of 21 Posts