Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd ask the ENTJ women cuz they might be less defensive about it. What do you think? Do you have ENTP men licking your heels?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I don't know any in those relationships but I do have siblings who are ENTJ & ENTP and they are like fire and water...really get at each other a lot. The ENTP can't stand how "bossy" the ENTJ is and feels a total need to rebel against any forceful "advice" given. Obviously, siblings are different than relationship partners..lol but I don't see any submission to ENTJ as much as rebelling or trying to see if they can manipulate the ENTJ into doing what the ENTP wants. Just my experience though and again from within a family, not a relationship so I don't know.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
ENTP men submit? :laughin::laughin:

Off-topic: I've seen you post in the past searching for your type & from what I've seen, ENFJ fits you. :)

biting my tongue on your last question

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know any in those relationships but I do have siblings who are ENTJ & ENTP and they are like fire and water...really get at each other a lot. The ENTP can't stand how "bossy" the ENTJ is and feels a total need to rebel against any forceful "advice" given. Obviously, siblings are different than relationship partners..lol but I don't see any submission to ENTJ as much as rebelling or trying to see if they can manipulate the ENTJ into doing what the ENTP wants. Just my experience though and again from within a family, not a relationship so I don't know.
Yeah, I could see that. Bossy ENTJ/Rebellious ENTP. Predictable. Though from what I've read, ENTPs aren't as "sturdy" a thinker as the ENTJ, so might be more susceptible to backing down or submitting when in the presence of a Ventrue ENTJ.

·
Registered
ENTJ
1,172 Posts
I've only ever witnessed an ENTP-ENTP friendship and she hated him. During lunches she'd entertain me doing his waddle, and said he was so self-absorbed.

For some reason, he tried to date me. This was during my alpha males dating phase, and he said he was a beta male so I assumed he knew he wasn't my type. Added to that I had been passing around pictures of the guy I was seeing - obviously I wouldn't do that if I was into him.

Later he proposed drinks and after hearing I was seeing some other guy, he cancelled, and this confused the hell outta me. In what universe was I available to him exactly? He kept stalking me for a bit after that.

So I guess you could say that the ENTP's behavior to this NTJ was submissive, but in his mind, he probably thought he was taking charge.

·
Banned
374 Posts
I'm perplexed at why Ne-dom would be labeled as Taking Charge/Dominant.
Isn't that the Drunken-style Trolling function ? More entertainment-seeking than power seeking/shying.
So can be submissive as long as submission doesn't stray them away from the path they want to take.

signed : INTP a.k.a a less drunk version of the ENTPs.

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,704 Posts
I don't know about ENTJ women as a group with this, but even if I was single, there's no way I could date an ENTP. My brother is an ENTP, and just about all male ENTPs remind me of him in some way. Psychologically, primitive incest avoidance mechanisms take over, and ... lol, no. Just no. Eeeu.

Reactions: Strelnikov

·
Registered
433 Posts
Haven't seen this really, unless both the ENTJ and ENTP have a personality disorder of some kind.

An ENTP's relationship to an ENTJ is characterized by many small scale arguments that prompt the other to go out and do some research to gain an upper hand in the debate. These conversations can be involving and draw them to form a relationship but also infinitely irritating as wasting hours mini-arguing with your partner is not what you'd want out of a relationship.

Can read more about this relationship type here: ENTJs in relationships to other MBTI types

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I would not be very turned on by a guy that would let me dominate him.

A man that could tame me--that would be intriguing. I instinctively resist authority but part of me wants it.

I find passiveness and submission by males to be kind of weak. I don't want to dominate or be dominated. I want a partner and I don't mind deferring when it is appropriate.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I've only ever witnessed an ENTP-ENTP friendship and she hated him. During lunches she'd entertain me doing his waddle, and said he was so self-absorbed.

For some reason, he tried to date me. This was during my alpha males dating phase, and he said he was a beta male so I assumed he knew he wasn't my type. Added to that I had been passing around pictures of the guy I was seeing - obviously I wouldn't do that if I was into him.

Later he proposed drinks and after hearing I was seeing some other guy, he cancelled, and this confused the hell outta me. In what universe was I available to him exactly? He kept stalking me for a bit after that.

So I guess you could say that the ENTP's behavior to this NTJ was submissive, but in his mind, he probably thought he was taking charge.
This is hilarious

·
Registered
ENTJ
1,172 Posts
This is hilarious
It gets better. ENTP was renting a room from other ENTP, and when he moved out they inspected the bed and something was leaking. ENTP freaked out to the max and told everyone other ENTP had pissed in the bed. I said he just looks like a sweaty guy, but she said it was enough liquid for her to conclude he couldn't control his bladder.

Meanwhile, I was busy with that ESTP alpha male (sorry ENTP, I have a weakness for ESTPs). One time I decided to experiment and asked him how he felt. He literally said "I just ate, so I feel warm." :laughing: ...Was not ready for that.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,954 Posts
It gets better. ENTP was renting a room from other ENTP, and when he moved out they inspected the bed and something was leaking. ENTP freaked out to the max and told everyone other ENTP had pissed in the bed. I said he just looks like a sweaty guy, but she said it was enough liquid for her to conclude he couldn't control his bladder.

Meanwhile, I was busy with that ESTP alpha male (sorry ENTP, I have a weakness for ESTPs). One time I decided to experiment and asked him how he felt. He literally said "I just ate, so I feel warm." :laughing: ...Was not ready for that.
Wtf. Are you still friends with bed wetting guy? Are you sure he wasn't just sleeping with a squirter? :laughing:

·
Registered
ENTJ
1,172 Posts
Wtf. Are you still friends with bed wetting guy? Are you sure he wasn't just sleeping with a squirter? :laughing:
After me he tried to get with another of ENTP's friends, and no luck again. If only ENTP-ENTP went for each other, they shoulda realized they coulda had a lotta fun lol.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,954 Posts
After me he tried to get with another of ENTP's friends, and no luck again. If only ENTP-ENTP went for each other, they shoulda realized they coulda had a lotta fun lol.
So he was single at the time and likely wasn't sleeping with a squirter. Because I'm just saying, some women are like fountains down there. :wink:

I mean, I don't want to say anything too graphic in the ENTJ forum, but I have stories of some women who you could call Old Faithful at Yellowstone. o_o

:p

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is a really interesting question to me because I am an ENTP chap that split up fairly recently with an ENTJ lady that I dated for about 2.5 years.

Our main common thing together was our respective children. our taste for 90s grunge and that we both enjoyed music and had presented shows on local radios over the years. Otherwise as time went on I realised we had less and less in common. Mostly this was around the fact that we were both very logic driven but often that logic wouldn't align. Our tastes in thing were totally discreet and toleration for anything that wasn't in the "tick boxed of stuff we each liked" was very low.

I would have been happy to take a submissive role in the relationship if that role had meant that I was included in the decision making process for things. Unfortunately what you realise with an ENTJ is that decisions are made and final before they are discussed, and so this was never going to be a good position.

It is a deep shame because for much of the relationship I did actually love her and she loved me.

The ENTJ is always going to dominate and therefore they would have to be able to sufficiently understand and acknowledge an ENTP in their processes as a submissive visionary is a challenging spot to remain happy in.

I don't know if this was specific to the person or the type, but it seems to me that ENTJs can be very easily offended by alternative views on things, which is obviously part of the process required to promote learning and healthy understanding in an ENTP.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Bed wetting is one of the McDonald Triad criteria that is used to predict future Serial killer behavior...........

<<<<<<<--------------------take it frum a koon!

enjoy your date!
Jessayin.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Wouldn't call it licking my heels for sure.

A few experiences with ENTP males.

Romantic relationship: At the time, I was anti-cohabitation and anti-marriage. That's what he claimed to be but within a month of entering a relationship, he kept hounding me to move in together. As expected, with disparate goals, I ended it. First and last relationship with an ENTP.

Familial relationships: I have a brother and a son who are ENTPs. No problems with them, although they require more negotiating than other types.

·
Meh.
8,047 Posts
A significant ex of mine is ENTP and my brother is an ENTP. I wouldn’t say that either of them have ever tended to be submissive towards me. If anything, there was a competitive energy below the surface.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts