Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ENTPs!

Quick question for you guys (guys specifically). As ENTPs, is there a trend or pattern of behavior for when you like a girl, but aren't sure if she likes you back? Do you play it safe for fear of rejection? Maybe for some other reason? Is that a thing for you guys?

Are you guys the type to test the waters by dropping hints, or do you always just jump right in and ask the girl you're interested in?

Conversely, if a girl likes you, what would you hope she'd do? What would you not want her to do? What's the recommended plan of attack for wooing, so to speak, an ENTP man?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I fear the relationship, not rejection. Who cares about rejection?

I don't really like obligation. Not because I want to tramp around instead, but because the concept of any long term commitment is sometimes overwhelming.

Also, it's not because the girl in question is not good enough, or not what I'm looking for. But generally she needs to at least appear as though things will be smooth and not overbearing. i.e. I'm not going to conform to a bunch of bullshit just to get some snatch.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I am an ENTP girl (bi) so I am not sure if I am allowed to speak since the question was directed at guys but I will anyway.

To be honest I rarely ever fall in love/like someone and when I do I will play it safe in order to... be allowed to back off once I realize it isn't "it" after all.
I will try my best to get close to them - I will become their friend, follow them a lot, entertain them... then touch them and maybe try to have sex with them. And I have fun while on it - it's exciting to slowly gain them, no strings attached - the relationship usually ends before it even starts because I get bored or told off. The most I ever had was a FwB relationship.

What would I suggest to anyone trying to approach me? Give my my freedom but be persistent. Entertain me, but go away when I am tired of you - and don't take it personally. Don't be afraid to touch me when I want to be touched - but avoid public shows of affection. And well... give me food, take me places, help me with the little details of daily life I struggle with.

Relationship-wise I compare myself to a cat. I am independent being thats hard to get and needs alone time but interesting toys, gentle touch and a plate of food everyday will make me love you. :D

I am afraid of a relationship more than a rejection. I would lie if I said there is no fear of rejection in me - I am human being too. It's natural. Everyone wants to be liked. But I actually felt relief the 2 times I got rejected. A part of me was happy: "So I don't have to start a relationship with them, yay!".

If i decided to actually confess it means I am bored/tired of the current game and want a change. Any outcome is good enough. Either they like me back and we can openly do what couples do (if we never had sex before we can finally do it and do some experimenting, if we already had sex...we can move in together or something?) or they don't and I can move to another target, after waiting a little while (they might reconsider and I do want the sex, lol)

·
Registered
374 Posts
The idea of rejection unsettles me, but it can never paralyze me. If I'm interested in a girl, I will eventually tell her.
And I couldn't agree more with @IDontThinkSo, though I'm more aggressively against the idea of the whole giving hints game. It's idiotic, confusing and ultimately hurtful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts