Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I've invariably believed myself to be a type 4 due to my depressive and self-critical nature, I've also come to see that I have a number of similarities with the personality description for the type 9 personality typing as well, for reflecting more deeply, I feel the personality type truly depicts me to a near tee. Nonetheless, while I am generally quite laid-back and have a tendency of going with the flow of things, I still am unable to contemplate whether i truly am a nine or not due to feeling I may not be as "serene" as the type is stated to generally be. Here are a number of qualities of mine that I feel can fit both the 4 and 9 personalities in a way:

-As I stated above, I am generally quite laid-back, generally going with the flow of things, at times even going so far as agreeing with a devise I may not be in full consensus with for the sake of maintaining peace among both myself and those encompassing me (although, I secretly, within my ehart may hold different views concerning the proposition). While I am mainly a rather easygoing being nonetheless, I still likewise won't refrain from standing up for intensely held view of value of mine when I feel it is being threatened by another, for I will become quite infuritated when I feel either a precious person of mine or strongly held belief is being harmed by those encircling.

-I wouldn't describe myself to be one whom is ever truly easily angered by much of anything, for, while I may feel a tinge of dissapointment towards a specific occurrance, I still am ultimately able to cool myself down after a few moments of being of reflecting on the issues within my room, able to either apologize when I have done something incorrect or forgive another whom has wronged me in a minor way rather easily. While I am much too young to even be thinking of such things, I've come towards the conclusion in my mind that I will be the type of parent in the future whom, while setting limits every now and then, will still be understanding and accepting of their child's flaws, trying to both help and communicate with them in the best way they can rather than instantly judging them for whatever incorrect choice they may make.

-I am a being whom is highly aware of her flaws and mistakes, sometimes even to a point in which she becomes self-loathing and critical, and tend to be quite sensitive to criticism as well, but nevertheless, feel deep down that each error that either I or another may committ is merely but an experience that will provide your mind with wisdom in order to prevent yourself from falling into the same trap throughout the near future that awaits, in spite of my difficulty when it comes to forgetting past errors of mine from the past and finding forgiveness for my own self.

-A fact of mine that I am not quite proud of that is actually quite odd, I tend to slightly envy others not due to their physical appearances or material possesions, but rather their personalities and successes at given times due to feeling I am not nearly as amazing or alluring a person as they are. Still, I eventually am able to come to my senses and abandon the jealousy nevertheless, ultimately wishing nothing but the best towards the being I once envied so.

-I am highly empathetic and sensitive when it comes to the emotions and neccesities of others, with an ability of being able to put and see myself within most surrounding me, and I tend to be attracted to persons whom I feel are similar to my own self as well when it comes to their internal cores and longings. I generally try to put their own needs above my own as well, and I additionally actually find it painful to either criticize, be truly frank, or say the words "no" towards another being due to feeling I may hurt their feelings in some indirect way.

-While I can be quite content, optimistic, and serene when I am feeling truly happy on certain occassions, I tend to feel anxious and melancholic when I go through certain states of "depression", becoming quite pessimistic and withdrawing myself from the world encompassing. Nonetheless, while I withdraw from the outer world for the sake of dealing with my own emotions, I still try to target whatever issue has been bothering me and think positive or reassurring thoughts for the sake of somehow eliminating the emotional negativity. Additionally, while I will try to somehow "forget" and ignore whatever has been causing me distress and exasperation, I still find it quite difficult to do due to the either negative thoughts or images and memories of the persons whom wronged me somehow reappearing within my mind.

-I'd consider myself to generally be a rather introverted, unassuming, easygoing, creative young girl whom is easy to please by others, so long as I feel that we each are both content and in consensus, and while I do want a personality unique from that of most others, still likewise don't feel the need to be entirely individualistic. To say the least, I'm likely amid the scale of being a follower and individualist, as while I don't want to be enitrely submissive and ordinary, I still don't want to exclude myself from the rest of society due to feeling I am both uncoventional and unable of being understood or comprehended by others.

-Concerning patience, while I am generally quite patient when it comes to other beings and try to hold as much endurance as I possibly am able to when it comes to them, in spite of my occassional exasperation when I feel ignored or neglected by them at given times, I guess I'd say that I'm kind of in between when it comes to obtaining something I truly yearn for, for while i'll try to be as patient as I possibly can throughout the wait, I still tend to get restless deep down while not expressing it entirely.

-While I tend to be extremely shy and self-conscious while socializing with an individual I don't know quite well, I guess I'd say I'm generally pretty calm and natural while around others whom I feel a close emotional bond or connection towards, usually being more of a listener than talker when it comes to conversation.

-While I long to have meaning and purpose throughout my existence, my biggest yearning throughout life is to both be loved and accepted by others and be able to reciprocate that love back towards those beings. I am one of those romantics at heart whom will mainly find herself getting a warm feeling upon visualizing reciprocated love among two beings and longs to find her own soulmate one future day as well. Additionally, as I stated within a past INFP thread once, one of my biggest fears is that I one day will become so consumed by arrogance and hatred towards humanity that all care and compassion I once held within my heart will become non-existent, therefore preventing me from forming any bond or relating to another. Additionally, I tend to degrade and belittle myself quite a bit in comparison to others, for while I am admittdly quite sensitive, emotional, and even slightly "touchy-feely" at times, I still invariably try to put the feelings and emotions of others before my own nonetheless, thinking to myself that there may be others whom are undergoing similar and possibly even worse experiences than I am.

-A fact of mine that I have come to notice recently is that I tend to be empathetic of others that I find myself gradually becoming exactly like the idols I may hold dearly within my heart, whether they are actual beings or fictional people (believe it or not, while this may seem a bit creepy, one of my idols has been a fictional character from an anime in the past)... To appear less unorthodox after that statement of mine, I also am able to see myself within each of the Enneagram typings as well, as I am just as perfectionistic and idealistic as ones tend to be, as nurturing and thoughtful as a two, as yearning for future success and appreciation as a three, artistic and creative as a four, pensive and insightful as a five, loyal and (without any rude intentions with this)anxious as a six, intelligent and slightly optimistic as seven are, and passionate and magnanimous as eights when it comes to having do defend a value of mine or one whom is dear to me.

-As I've also stated within other threads within the Myers-Briggs forum in the past, while I also am not proud of this, I tend to be quite lazy and procrastinistic, taking a rather long to make many decisions due to both not wanting to make one that I may either regret or may hurt both me and those encircling in any way whatsoever. I additionally tend to spend much more time daydreaming and reflecting than in reality itself which therefore results in my becoming quite forgetful of things and given times, and, tend to both idealize my own fantasies and reality at times as well.

-An additional fact of mine that I'd both dislike and would like to change in the near future is that I tend to be quite the wallflower while at school as well, generally being able to get along with just about anyone so long as they don't have a bad attitude and being kind and diplomatic towards them (in spite of my timid and awkward nature while around strangers...). I wouldn't say I fit into any specific clique within my grade to be honest, for besides my love of sketching images, and creating stories and poetry that usually tend to intially de depressing ones that ultimately have happy and inspirational endings to them, I guess I'm basically more of my own person and try to fit in with those surrounding me. I also don't usually socialize much, for when I am not writing or sketching away, I will likely either be reflecting or daydreaming or reading a novel, and I wouldn't say that I am too competitive either, as I'm generally more laid-back when it comes to contests and feel genuine happiness for whomever wins.

-I have an open-mind and am able to find beauty in just about everything I see, for I find those whom are unique and there own selves in comparison to the rest of the crowd alluring, and will endlessly try to compliment and make those encompassing feel appreciated and included.

-While I will readily do a favor for just about anyone whom asks me to, I will be easily easily dejected and slightly angered upon seeing that neither my contributions towards a specific issue or kind acts are seemingly left underappreciated, and strangely enough, it bugs me a bit when others don't thank me or seem apathetic towards the actions I direct towards them as well. Additionally, I find body language and tone of voice to be rather important when it comes to asking for a favor.

-While I generally remain clam and am able to let go of certain issues that appear to be minor towards me, I will rapidly become quite anxious, pessimistic, and stressed when presented with a dilemma that is unable of being easily resolved, and, while this is quite strange, become depressed and even a bit lethargic at given moments upon disclosing a sad, unfavorable truth of myself, such as that I for instance haven't been treating a specific person in the manner I should or have appeared quite selfish towards the humanity encircling me, and, while, as I stated above, I tend to find each mistake a person makes as merely something to overcome that will ultimately make you come out stronger and more improved than you ever were in the past, I still likewise will not be in harmony or consensus with my own self until whatever issue I have concerning my own self or another has been resolved. I also absolutely, postively LOATH either being pressured or needing to complete a certain task by a specific deadline, for I feel it merely adds more stresses to me than helps if anything, and will additionally tend to be more involved when it comes to issues and concerns with others than disconnected, while still admittedly being a bit spacey and withdrawn in spite of this.

With this rather long post having had been written, what do you guys believe I truly am more of? I am open to each of your suggestions, and thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've taken the test 5 times. Got 4 once but 9 four times.

Each time I took the test, I delved deeper and answered the questions not as how I'd like to perceive myself but as to how I really am. It's hard to be that objective about yourself. Keep taking the test and really focus on the truth of who are for each question. Retake it until you get the same results at least 3 times.

One point in your post makes me think you're more of a 4. When you withdraw, it's with a moody, depressive tone. You critically think about your problems rather than minimizing them or detaching yourself from them. 4 & 9 are very close in traits and you may very well place high in both making it more difficult to come to a conclusion.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Leaning towards 4, imo. Bold what you think is true about you

4:Romantic, emotional, sensitive, ever-changing, warm, passionate, not very patient, must let feelings out, everyone's different/unique, drama-queen, drawn to emotions and feelings, must stay true to oneself or image, I'm special
9:Calm, numb, never-changing, dispassionate, durable, patient, appear carefree and easygoing, denies or run away from "bad" feelings, everyone's similar, things will work out and if they don't then you lose and that's all there is about it, dreamy and earthy, I'm nothing special

Keep searching and good luck:happy:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leaning towards 4, imo. Bold what you think is true about you

4:Romantic, emotional, sensitive, ever-changing, warm, passionate, not very patient, must let feelings out, everyone's different/unique, ,drama-queen, drawn to emotions and feelings, must stay true to oneself or image, I'm special

9:Calm, numb, never-changing, dispassionate, durable, patient, appear carefree and easygoing, denies or run away from "bad" feelings, everyone's similar, things will work out and if they don't then you lose and that's all there is about it, dreamy and earthy, I'm nothing special

Keep searching and good luck:happy:
Upon reading through the brief description of each type you provided towards me, I have to agree that I am much more of a type 4 than a 9, as while I tend to be calm, laid-back, idealistic, and rather "absent-minded" at given moments, I believe I'm too in touch with my own emotions and that of others to be a carefree nine. While I'm certainly not much of a drama-queen at all, I do admittedly tend to get rather depressive over issues concerning both myself and those surrounding me, as I have likely stated a numebr of times within these forums as of this moment, and also am the type whom wants both meaning and unconditional love to be present within her life whom additionally feels that in spite of being able to relate to most within society, still feels we each also happen to be unique beings whom bear our own distinct talents as well.

Thank you for helping me Tucken, and I appreciate your insight as well, Bliss :happy! I've always been a bit confused when it comes to comparing a four with a nine, but your beliefs helped me visualize that there truly are quite a bit of apparent differences among each type.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Fours and Nines are both withdrawn types, and both can be creative and sensitive. Fours have a far darker inner mental landscape than do Nines however, who tend to detach from unpleasant emotions. Nines are conflict avoidant whereas Fours sometimes invite conflict as a means to intensify experience. Nines tend to relate well to others and to find a niche in their social circle; Fours tend to feel like misfits who can't quite find their place.
Hmmmm?
Looks like some good distinctions right there.

Best of luck to ya! =D

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think you lean towards 4 a bit more than 9, and in the past I would have been able to relate to several points of what you have said.
I am a 4w5, and for a while I thought I was 9, but now I realize that the disturbances in my emotional stability may have caused that, which is very odd since 9's are generally durable.
Good luck! <3 I hope you find what you are looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts