Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm indecisive and having second thoughts:

ISFP
I value concreteness more than the abstract
I find visual art more fulfilling than poetry and prose
I'm into sports and physical activity and I love exercise and competition

INFP
Very expressive about my emotions
Addicted to some abstract concepts such as human condition, just not space crabs or whatever
Despite my love for concreteness, I'm very fantasy prone, yet also social

both
extremely in tune with how I feel
bind blowingly disorganized
charming and good natured, although kind of obnoxious sometimes *is this more INFP-ish*

ask me more questions if you wanna narrow it down. I just thought this was a good place to start :/

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
The points you named for INFP are true for ISFPs as well. However, the points you named for ISFP can also be true for INFPs.

The real question you have to ask yourself is "Do I use Ne or Se?".

In case you don't know what the cognitive functions are, I'd recommend watching these videos:

If after watching these you are still not sure, I'd recommend reading through this:
Socionics - the16types.info - Information Elements: Descriptions by Functions

This is Socionics, so it doesn't translate to MBTI perfectly, but if a little push is all you need, this might just make the difference.
In Socionics, ISFP is ESI (ISFj) and INFP is EII (INFj)

Look for the pieces with either of those above it, and decide what matches the most with who you are.

My breakdown of your points (in case you are interested):

Did you think ISFPs are not prone to fantasize? Haha. :)
You forget (or don't know yet) that ISFPs dominant functions is Introverted Feeling (Fi).
When I was young I created whole worlds in which people lived, and made backstories, cities, wars.
Ofcourse, being an ISFP, I do like to see it in front of me so I actually built these cities I had thought up with lego.

And thinking about the condition of the human race is not limited to intuitives, that's just a silly stereotype ("S stands for Stupid!").

And how would being expressive be an INFP trait and not a ISFP trait? Both have dominant Fi so they are going to be fairly similar in terms of expression.

INFPs can be really interested in visual arts so that's not a deal breaker.

INFPs don't really have a competitive drive nor a love for exercising, though.

INFPs are less to the point, though I am not very to the point either. That can go either way.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm leaning towards INFP as of right now. I can't watch videos ATM cuz the house is busy and I don't wanna make a lotta noise, but I'll get back to you when I do. Extraverted Intuition (Ne) I'll keep this an open case in mean time.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

1 - 4 of 4 Posts