Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I think I am really a ISFP. However, I need your guys' confirmation. Here's a description of my personality:

I'm naturally reserved and quiet most of the time. I have little to say to strangers, and am very cautious about making friendships, because I am have found out that I usually forget to return phone calls and keep in touch with my friends. It takes a lot of hardwork for me to keep a friendship not only because I am so quiet, but because whenever I want to hang out with just one friend, they bring their whole group of friends over. It drives me crazy. I'm a very introspective person, and feel like I live in my head. I constantly analyze my emotions, my dreams, my motivations, and why I do the things I do. I hate small talking and feel awkward when I am forced to do it. I would rather have deep, one-on-one conversations with people. Not only that, but I am somewhat shy and hate being the center of attention.

Compared to most people, I am philosophical. However, I do not like just any Philosophy. I like specifically moral Philosophy. Although it's interesting to think about, I think the main reason is because I think getting a Moral Philosophy will help me become my Ideal Self, and perhaps help me in moral conflicts later in life. I also like Nuerophilosophy because I am fascinated by the human mind. In fact, I am intrigued with all social sciences to an extent. Also, MBTI is not the only personality theory I like. I'm also a bit interested in the Big Five. Generally, I just think personality theory is a great way to gain self knowledge. I like metaphysics at well. I'm not sure why, but I just find it really interested to think about. I've never seen the Matrix, but I am sure that I would love the philosophical part of it. I heard that it's about a fake reality created from people's minds/imaginations, I think. It's sounds intriguing, to me. I am also a fanciful person. I dream of finding my soul mate someday. I was going to date a guy before, but I didn't because it wasn't first love at first sight. I don't believe that anymore, though. I also tend to idealize situations and people to be better than they are. I hate hands-on stuff, and am horrible at doing things such as sewing. I would rather come up with a new idea than that.

On the other hand, I am also an athestic person. I am strongly affected by my five senses, and can be extremely bothered when my environment is unpleasent. I am very picky about the foods I eat, and will never eat something again if it tastes bad. I love nature, and it can cheer me up when I am in a bad mood. Sometimes, all you need to do to cheer me up is buy me a chocolate cake to eat. Even though I like Fantasy books, sometimes I get so engrossed in sniffing them that I forget to read them.

I can be rational when I want to, but I know I naturally make decisions based on gut instincts and feelings. I am overly sensitive, and get my feathers ruffled easily. I have always been this way. Although I normally try to avoid conflict, I get really angry when someone violates one of my moral values and aggressively try to defend my point of view. However, if I do not know the person who violated my moral values well, then I will just ignore them and brood about it in my head because I don't want them to become my enemies or anything. I am really idealistic, and dream of making the world a better place by helping those with mental illnesses and disadvantages. I support animal rights, and contempelated becoming a vegetarian once. I also hate hunting, and feel uncomfortable when people talk about it. I can be a drama queen and make deals out of little things. I hate that quality of mine, but I guess it's just a part of my personality. When reading about villains, I often feel torn because I hate them for being so immoral, but pity them at the same time. To cope, I tend to read fanfiction where they aren't evil. Speaking of evilness, I am fascinated by the question of good and evil. I think about it everyday.

I have a problem with procastinating, and am extremely disorganized. I hate schedules, because they make me feel pinned down. I have the same attidude towards to-do lists. I don't mind messiness, and sometimes don't even notice messes. I hate memorizing things, and find doing so cathartic and strenuous. I am indecisive, and prefer keeping my options open when making decisions. Instead of feeling relieved when I make them, I get solictious and try to make sure I didn't make the wrong decision. On the flip side, I can be very detail oriented, especially when I am stressed out. I don't think I'm too good at looking at the Big Picture that much, and can get caught up in certain details. When I am taking personality tests, I tend cherry pick times when I have been a certain way, than how I have generally been. Still, I sometimes have insightful realizations when I feel really emotional. When I feel emotional, I notice that it's easier to write poetry, or doing anything that is creative. I think the reason why I am sometimes so detail oriented is because I am a perfectionist. Whenever I take tests, I keep on double checking the answers to make sure the answers are right. However, I am actually rather absent minded when I am not stressed out.

Speaking of that, I also used to enjoy writing. When I used to write, I was very descriptive, and most of the grammar was perfect. I would tell a lot about how the characters felt. Strangely, I find writers who are too descriptive boring and love it when they use a high amount of symbolism and metaphors. I am naturally attracted to mysterious, exotic, and supernatural things that may or may not be real. For some reason, I am annoyed by people who constantly want all the facts before trying someone new or ask for evidence a lot. I think that might have to do with my lack of Si, but who knows? The irony is that I am a proof junky, and need to frequently be reassured when I am unsure about something. So, would you all say I qualify for ISFP, or am I something else?

·
Registered
672 Posts
You seem to be a lot of things :laughing:.

feel like I live in my head. I constantly analyze my emotions, my dreams, my motivations, and why I do the things I do
NTP.

I get really angry when someone violates one of my moral values and aggressively try to defend my point of view. However, if I do not know the person who violated my moral values well, then I will just ignore them and brood about it in my head because I don't want them to become my enemies or anything
ISFP-ish, but could also be INTP

I often feel torn because I hate them for being so immoral, but pity them at the same time
Is rather F, but it also shows you see both sides of the argument. Very INTP, not very ISFP.

I have a problem with procastinating, and am extremely disorganized. I hate schedules, because they make me feel pinned down. I have the same attidude towards to-do lists. I don't mind messiness, and sometimes don't even notice messes
Extremely INTP. ISFP notice messes, believe me, I know.

Whenever I take tests, I keep on double checking the answers to make sure the answers are right
INTP/borderline J.

Still, I sometimes have insightful realizations when I feel really emotional.
NTP's tend to lack concentration when emotions get in the way, this is quite ISFP, methinks.

The irony is that I am a proof junky, and need to frequently be reassured when I am unsure about something
Hmm. Not INTP or INTJ, rather ISFP, but not completely.

Just a few things I picked up on, although I'm not good at this. I don't think you're ISFP. I think you're INFP or maybe INTP with very high Fi.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
So, I think I am really a ISFP. However, I need your guys' confirmation. Here's a description of my personality:

I'm naturally reserved and quiet most of the time. I have little to say to strangers, and am very cautious about making friendships, because I am have found out that I usually forget to return phone calls and keep in touch with my friends. It takes a lot of hardwork for me to keep a friendship not only because I am so quiet, but because whenever I want to hang out with just one friend, they bring their whole group of friends over. It drives me crazy. I'm a very introspective person, and feel like I live in my head. I constantly analyze my emotions, my dreams, my motivations, and why I do the things I do. I hate small talking and feel awkward when I am forced to do it. I would rather have deep, one-on-one conversations with people. Not only that, but I am somewhat shy and hate being the center of attention.
INXX
enneagram type 5 tendencies
SP/SX

Compared to most people, I am philosophical. However, I do not like just any Philosophy. I like specifically moral Philosophy. Although it's interesting to think about, I think the main reason is because I think getting a Moral Philosophy will help me become my Ideal Self, and perhaps help me in moral conflicts later in life. I also like Nuerophilosophy because I am fascinated by the human mind. In fact, I am intrigued with all social sciences to an extent. Also, MBTI is not the only personality theory I like. I'm also a bit interested in the Big Five. Generally, I just think personality theory is a great way to gain self knowledge. I like metaphysics at well. I'm not sure why, but I just find it really interested to think about. I've never seen the Matrix, but I am sure that I would love the philosophical part of it. I heard that it's about a fake reality created from people's minds/imaginations, I think. It's sounds intriguing, to me. I am also a fanciful person. I dream of finding my soul mate someday. I was going to date a guy before, but I didn't because it wasn't first love at first sight. I don't believe that anymore, though. I also tend to idealize situations and people to be better than they are. I hate hands-on stuff, and am horrible at doing things such as sewing. I would rather come up with a new idea than that.
INFX

On the other hand, I am also an athestic person. I am strongly affected by my five senses, and can be extremely bothered when my environment is unpleasent. I am very picky about the foods I eat, and will never eat something again if it tastes bad. I love nature, and it can cheer me up when I am in a bad mood. Sometimes, all you need to do to cheer me up is buy me a chocolate cake to eat. Even though I like Fantasy books, sometimes I get so engrossed in sniffing them that I forget to read them.
Sounds Se, but don't take that for granted, I know I'm quite an aesthetic person as well.

I can be rational when I want to, but I know I naturally make decisions based on gut instincts and feelings. I am overly sensitive, and get my feathers ruffled easily. I have always been this way. Although I normally try to avoid conflict, I get really angry when someone violates one of my moral values and aggressively try to defend my point of view. However, if I do not know the person who violated my moral values well, then I will just ignore them and brood about it in my head because I don't want them to become my enemies or anything. I am really idealistic, and dream of making the world a better place by helping those with mental illnesses and disadvantages. I support animal rights, and contempelated becoming a vegetarian once. I also hate hunting, and feel uncomfortable when people talk about it. I can be a drama queen and make deals out of little things. I hate that quality of mine, but I guess it's just a part of my personality. When reading about villains, I often feel torn because I hate them for being so immoral, but pity them at the same time. To cope, I tend to read fanfiction where they aren't evil. Speaking of evilness, I am fascinated by the question of good and evil. I think about it everyday.
gut instincts = type 8, 9, 1
Fi dom ++

I have a problem with procastinating, and am extremely disorganized. I hate schedules, because they make me feel pinned down. I have the same attidude towards to-do lists. I don't mind messiness, and sometimes don't even notice messes. I hate memorizing things, and find doing so cathartic and strenuous. I am indecisive, and prefer keeping my options open when making decisions. Instead of feeling relieved when I make them, I get solictious and try to make sure I didn't make the wrong decision. On the flip side, I can be very detail oriented, especially when I am stressed out. I don't think I'm too good at looking at the Big Picture that much, and can get caught up in certain details. When I am taking personality tests, I tend cherry pick times when I have been a certain way, than how I have generally been. Still, I sometimes have insightful realizations when I feel really emotional. When I feel emotional, I notice that it's easier to write poetry, or doing anything that is creative. I think the reason why I am sometimes so detail oriented is because I am a perfectionist. Whenever I take tests, I keep on double checking the answers to make sure the answers are right. However, I am actually rather absent minded when I am not stressed out.
Perceiving!
perfectionist type 1 tendencies, maybe 9w1. being emotional type 4 tendencies.

Speaking of that, I also used to enjoy writing. When I used to write, I was very descriptive, and most of the grammar was perfect. I would tell a lot about how the characters felt. Strangely, I find writers who are too descriptive boring and love it when they use a high amount of symbolism and metaphors. I am naturally attracted to mysterious, exotic, and supernatural things that may or may not be real. For some reason, I am annoyed by people who constantly want all the facts before trying someone new or ask for evidence a lot. I think that might have to do with my lack of Si, but who knows? The irony is that I am a proof junky, and need to frequently be reassured when I am unsure about something. So, would you all say I qualify for ISFP, or am I something else?
INFX

All in all I think you are INFP.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You know, I think it's very interesting that someone here suggested INTP. You see, I used to think I was one because I thought it would make me more intelligent. Not only that, but I can deeply relate to the INTPs' love of knowledge. I also pay attention to logical fallacies, and am highly aware that my pity for villains doesn't justify what they do. I can feel awkward when I express emotion, and do not like talking about my emotions when I feel emotional. I feel embarrassed and horrible when I cry, and hate it when others cry too. When others say "OHH that is SO cute!" about animals, I feel very awkward. Passionate arguments geniunely turn me off, and I view objective, detached arguments as good. Sometimes when I listen to really emotional music, I start laughing nervously and don't know what to do. At the same time, I love it because it expresses the emotion I feel at that time. I thought I could come up with insightful relizations when I am emotional because I write good poetry when I am like that, but I also feel very confused and can't think clearly like that. One part of me hates my emotional world, while another part of me savors it as if it were chocolate. And the real reason why I often don't critisize or correct others is because I want to avoid conflict, and not so much because I care abut their feelings. And when I think of people I can't relate to, I think of ESFJs, and not ESTJs for some reason. I just can't relate to Fe, and often score lowly on it. At least with ESTJs I don't have to worry about them getting too emotional, or getting their feathers ruffled. Ironically, insults and criticism make me feel bad because I take it to heart and feel like I have not sufficently been like I would ideally like to be.

Speaking of that, my Grandma was a ESFJ. When she was staying over at my house, it was recently after my Grandpa had died. I think that affected her emotional stability badly, but she was still somewhat bossy and controlling. She also cried a lot, which made me anxious and uncomfortable. She was very unpredictable in my eyes, and I couldn't really understand her. She was a enigma. She wanted to be my friend, and I really didn't feel like being her friend but didn't tell her that. She wanted to get to know me, and would constantly ask me personal questions about myself. I didn't want to tell her anything, because I was afraid she would think I was strange. She laughed many times, which made me somewhat uncomfortable because the emotion included in laughter. She was very blunt, and that made me even more nervous. She was outgoing, which I couldn't quite understand. She was frustrated with how I always am on the computer, and always took my family and I to stores and restraunants. She was obsessed with good manners and social rituals, which aggrivated me. Once, when we were watching a movie, I didn't discuss it with her and just walked outside of the room, and fantasized about scenes in the movie. She grew angry with me, and accused me of ignoring her. Her loud tone made me cry, although I didn't do so until I was in my room. To make things worse, she later wanted to talk about it! She even asked if she wanted me to hug her, and I definitely didn't. I was completely confused and rattled, and didn't know what to say.

It seemed that she externalized her emotions, while I internalize mine. When I feel angry at someone, I go on the internet and look up someone who is complaining about a person who is similar to the person I feel angry towards. Overall, I'd say I have a love and hate relationship with emotions. Sometimes emotions are my mortal enemy, and sometimes they are my best friend. I can really see INTP as a possibility for my MBTI type. Still, I think I am probably more of a INFP because I have more Fi than Ti. Now, the reason why I think that is because whenever someone violates my moral values, I get very angry. On the other hand, I could just be a INTP who values moral integrity. Or, I may be a unhealthy ESFJ or ESTJ. Honestly, the possbilities for what I could be are endless. Generally speaking, however, I am most likely a INFP. Although there are many possible reasons as to why I could be another type, INFP is the one that suits me best, although I am definitely open to other possibilities.

Reactions: AliceKettle

·
Registered
672 Posts
whenever someone violates my moral values, I get very angry
True of any type. When I took the Form I test, the values/beliefs area in our psyche was described as a crocodile, easily provoked. It doesn't prove you are not INTP, you just need to see one or two threads in the forum to see that when an INTP gets rattled....they get very rattled.

Still - because you seem comfortable with your emotions and you seem to have some empathy, makes you more F than T. You are definitely more N than S though.

At least with ESTJs I don't have to worry about them getting too emotional, or getting their feathers ruffled
Seriously? Not in my experience.:laughing: They let it go, like, whoooooosh, most times, but controlling an ESTJ temper is like dealing with an angry crocodile. :laughing:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right about the moral values thing. I think it's apart of human nature to get angry when moral values get violated, although different types of people get angry over different moral values being violated. Yeah, I guess I am a F and N, which I am glad about. Oh God, yes. ESTJs, from the descriptions, seem like the type of people you wouldn't want to provoke. I've never met one, but that is definitely what they seem like.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have a ESTJ friend? That's interesting. He must be hard to get along with, seeing as how you two are almost the opposite types...good luck with it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
An ESTJ and ESFP are on the same team as me at work.

They get on mostly, but they are both so stubborn.

The ESFP tends to get over it quicker than the ESTJ.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That's interesting---speaking of typology, this is a very informative website: Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes There is a description of Ne on that website. I can relate to it completely. Heck, I think I might even relate to it more than Fi. You know, the old way of typing people with just the descriptions isn't too bad, if you think about it. However, instead of taking the things said in the descriptions at face value, we should try to see how the descriptions and stereotypes are related to the functions.

For example, there is a stereotype that ESFPs are all party animals. Well, why are they being called party animals in the first place? Is it because they are Extroverts? Well, partially, but it's mostly because they use Se. And when you use Se a lot, it can cause you to be a party animal. While not all ESFPs are party animals, they have a tendency do to it because of their dominant Se. Basically, the descriptions of the types are actually describing how MBTI types use those functions. Another example is the stereotype that INTJs are usually evil villains. While this may seem to be true in most cases, we need to figure out *why* this stereotype exists in the first place. There are various reasons, but I think a good reason is because their Ni gives them the ability to make ingenius plans, which is something villains tend to do. The descriptions in MBTI weren't meant to be taken literally. The stereotypes and generalities are supposed to explain how certain MBTI types may act due to which functions they use the most and least. In a nutshell, the descriptions show possibilities, and not absolutes.

Another thing I notice is how most people assume that if X acts a certain way, X prefers Introversion, Sensing, etc. In my opinion, that's not the right approach. MBTI is supposed to explain how peoples' minds work, not how they act. Ask them how they prefer to act, and then you will find out what their type preferences are. However, I can understand that if you are typing fictional characters, you don't always know how they prefer to act. You can merely make a inference that they like acting a certain way because that is the way they usually act. A good way to tell how someone prefers to act is to watch them(or read about them) when they are under stress. For example, if someone who is normally quiet and friendly acts the total opposite while under stress, it means that they most likely prefer being quiet and friendly.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
too lazy to read your book of an explanation. which precisely explains that you're not an isfp. it's quite simple: i haven't read anything that debatable/analytical from an isfp i've seen yet on any post. i've seen some large posts by isfp's but not in a way of debating who they are.

also, consider only 1 other isfp/ sp has commented on this posting so far. where's plenty of other types have which is typical. i have a few strong 'idealist' friends n they love this kind of banter whereas i tend to lose interest at a certain point due to shiny objects/ slash want to eat cookies or create music or do some photography.

u might just be an idealist' with some sloppy traits. imo. don't take it personal btw. lmao.:tongue:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Couldn't agree more. I was looked at the wall of text and thought, hot damn this guy must be nuts. We don't "question" if we are ISFPs. We "know". And most ISFPs would lose patience after a while. It would make more sense for you to judge yourself as to whether you fit the description instead of asking anonymous people on the internet for their opinions. And also don't try to pigeonhole yourself into "a type". You are who you are, a theory (such as MBTI) may try to explain why you act the way you do but ultimately don't try to make yourself conform to a type.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
too lazy to read your book of an explanation. which precisely explains that you're not an isfp. it's quite simple: i haven't read anything that debatable/analytical from an isfp i've seen yet on any post. i've seen some large posts by isfp's but not in a way of debating who they are.

also, consider only 1 other isfp/ sp has commented on this posting so far. where's plenty of other types have which is typical. i have a few strong 'idealist' friends n they love this kind of banter whereas i tend to lose interest at a certain point due to shiny objects/ slash want to eat cookies or create music or do some photography.

u might just be an idealist' with some sloppy traits. imo. don't take it personal btw. lmao.
Sloppy traits? Lol. That's not too surprising. Compared to the typical descriptions of NFs, I must sound like a lazy, sloppy pig.

Couldn't agree more. I was looked at the wall of text and thought, hot damn this guy must be nuts. We don't "question" if we are ISFPs. We "know". And most ISFPs would lose patience after a while. It would make more sense for you to judge yourself as to whether you fit the description instead of asking anonymous people on the internet for their opinions. And also don't try to pigeonhole yourself into "a type". You are who you are, a theory (such as MBTI) may try to explain why you act the way you do but ultimately don't try to make yourself conform to a type.
Yep. I guess I'm too analytical to be a ISFP, although that might be because of my 5 Enneagram wing. There's many reasons why I thought I was a ISFP. I won't list them here, though, because I don't want to bore you. Thanks for saying that. I know my MBTI type doesn't define who I am, and wish some of the people on here would realize that.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
You're certainly Fi-dom. I mostly hear Fi in the OP, and even touches of inferior Te. Annoyance with people needing all the facts could actually be Ne. I find Se-aux types more patient with the nitty gritty details in conversation (just as Ne-aux may be more patient with the hypothetical).

How introverted would you say you are? High tertiary Ni might account for your more analytical side; you might not use Se as much as other ISFPs. The wording in the OP doesn't necessarily suggest Ne to me, but I wouldn't rule out INFP just yet. I'm quite aesthetic myself, affected by atmospheres, & I enjoy new foods (although I am not very picky). The difference is, I tend to seek experience as inspiration for ideas; it does not need to be literally tied to anything I am contemplating, but sheer experience feeds my imagination indirectly. Both Ne & Se seek external experience, but Se makes one absorbed in it, and Ne makes one inclined to use it as a muse. In that sense, Ne loses focus on the experience in the moment in favor of seeing what it suggests (what concepts, possibilities, and ideas spring forth from it), and Se focuses on the experience in itself, seeing the literal aspects to be gathered from it.

What is it about the INFP profile that does not suit you? I take it you test INFP, but the ISFP label is attracting you for some reason...?

Reactions: davisk

·
Registered
640 Posts
I agree with the other ISFP posters, in that I've never seen such a deep analysis posted by an ISFP on this forum. There's nothing wrong with that, but it just doesn't seem to fit with what I have observed from myself and other ISFPs on this forum.

I skimmed your post, and there were a few things that caught my eye that didn't seem to be ISFP, in my opinion. For example, the dreaming about finding a soul mate, and the interest in fantasy books. I can't speak for all ISFPs, of course, but these are not things that apply to me.

I agree with OrangeAppled, in that ISFPs notice the physical world and get absorbed by the experience. In general, no ideas come from the physical observation by ISFPs, our mind just focuses on the five senses and soaks them all in. My understanding is that N can also observe the physical world, but then uses this as a starting point for further ideas or insipration.

Again, I can't speak for all ISFPs, just from my experience.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're certainly Fi-dom. I mostly hear Fi in the OP, and even touches of inferior Te. Annoyance with people needing all the facts could actually be Ne. I find Se-aux types more patient with the nitty gritty details in conversation (just as Ne-aux may be more patient with the hypothetical).

How introverted would you say you are? High tertiary Ni might account for your more analytical side; you might not use Se as much as other ISFPs. The wording in the OP doesn't necessarily suggest Ne to me, but I wouldn't rule out INFP just yet. I'm quite aesthetic myself, affected by atmospheres, & I enjoy new foods (although I am not very picky). The difference is, I tend to seek experience as inspiration for ideas; it does not need to be literally tied to anything I am contemplating, but sheer experience feeds my imagination indirectly. Both Ne & Se seek external experience, but Se makes one absorbed in it, and Ne makes one inclined to use it as a muse. In that sense, Ne loses focus on the experience in the moment in favor of seeing what it suggests (what concepts, possibilities, and ideas spring forth from it), and Se focuses on the experience in itself, seeing the literal aspects to be gathered from it.

What is it about the INFP profile that does not suit you? I take it you test INFP, but the ISFP label is attracting you for some reason...?
I'm very Introverted, so perhaps that's why my Ni test is good. In fact, I took a cognitive functions test and my Fi and Ne were excellent, but my Se and Ni were good.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

I'm very Introverted, so perhaps that's why my Ni iis good. In fact, I took a cognitive functions test and my Fi and Ne were excellent, but my Se and Ni were good. And I don't think experience feeds my imagination---introspecting does. When I'm experiencing something, I experience for the sake of it. So, perhaps I'm just a ISFP who uses more Ni than most. When I first read the description of ISFP, I knew I was one, but I kept on denying it because of I didn't want to be pushed into the Sensor stereotypes. The reason why I've been doubting INFP for awhile is because it simply didn't feel right. ISFP, on the other hand, does. I know it sounds kind of strange, but my gut just tells me that it's my type. Not only that, but I just don't have enough Si to be a INFP. Also, I am fascinated by people and gather information about them, then proceed to figure out what it means. I thought I was using Ne when I did that, but I think that was a combination of Se and Ni.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm very Introverted, so perhaps that's why my Ni iis good. In fact, I took a cognitive functions test and my Fi and Ne were excellent, but my Se and Ni were good. And I don't think experience feeds my imagination---introspecting does. When I'm experiencing something, I experience for the sake of it. So, perhaps I'm just a ISFP who uses more Ni than most. When I first read the description of ISFP, I knew I was one, but I kept on denying it because of I didn't want to be pushed into the Sensor stereotypes. The reason why I've been doubting INFP for awhile is because it simply didn't feel right. ISFP, on the other hand, does. Not only that, but I just don't have enough Si to be a INFP. Also, I am fascinated by people and gather information about them, then proceed to figure out what it means. I thought I was using Ne when I did that.
Haha. I totally relate to this. :]

In my opinion, I think you're more of an ISFP. I definitely had a problem with the Intuition bias too, simply because all the descriptions seemed more desirable than Sensing.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know! Honestly, I think the Sensor descriptions are too generic.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Couldn't agree more. And then you're faced with the inner turmoil of wanting to be intuitive and wanting to know what type you truly are. :p
Sometimes I still get caught up in stereotypes and go off thinking I'm too organized, not adventurous enough, etc. But then I rationalize and look at my functions again.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts