Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy being around people and connecting with others, but sometimes I can be shy when first meeting others in a group but if comfortable can open up more and become more lively. I love to have meaningful conversations, but also love to play around and have fun! One of my favorite ways to connect with my friends or meeting people is through physical activities. I love drinking with others, playing pool, darts, hiking, kayaking, riding bikes, etc.

I can be very lively at times but sometimes I feel the need to retreat and be alone. For me, being alone is not a bad thing. I feel the most at rest and relaxed while alone, and love to play my guitar or piano and write songs in my room. It is probably the most comfortable place for me. When I’m in a room or situation with lots of people, especially who I don’t know, I can feel quite anxious and overwhelmed easily by external stimuli.

I love adventuring and being impulsive. I would hate to live a life where everything is planned and structured. I enjoy being in the moment and be able to follow my impulses and having freedom. I don’t like being boxed in or feeling trapped. My biggest fear is probably feeling stuck in a situation where I don’t feel I have freedom or cannot follow my impulses. I love to follow my gut feelings and don’t tend to majorly overthink decisions beforehand. Often times, I find myself overthinking things after the fact.

I am drawn to action and once I get an idea, I have a desire to make it happen or create it. For me, I like thinking about things that can have a tangible result on people lives, or emotions. I don’t really think way outside the box, or have a desire to change the world or follow some grand vision that’s never been done before. I mostly am drawn to things where I can directly affect people’s senses, thoughts, emotions, etc.

I have always been compassionate and drawn to those who I feel are not appreciated. I have a sensitivity towards children, and am really great at connecting with them. I’ve never met a child who didn’t love to play with me or feel uncomfortable around me. I am also really big on justice and truth. I don’t like to see misuse others for their own gain. I believe everyone should be treated with kindness and supported for who they are as individuals, not just for what they can give to other people. I am not into following the crowd or doing what’s “popular”. I enjoy doing what I feel is right and following my own heart and desires.

I would say I have a natural eye for colors and sounds, what works and what doesn’t. I’m observant of the environment around me, and tend to be responsive to what’s happening. I am also really into people watching, and when meeting people for the first time, usually have an uncanny ability to read others and their personality, what they’ve been through etc.

The final thing is I love sunsets and just being outside. The right lighting and way the sky, or landscape looks directly affects my mood in a very powerful way. I love the sensation of the wind blowing across my face while I’m in the countryside, or at the coast. Nothing beats it!

These are things which make me instantly feel happy:

• Summer storms with lightning
  • Beautiful sunsets with vivid colors
  • Cloudy days on the coast
  • Long drives in the countryside with the windows down
  • Stars in the open desert
  • Trails in the California redwoods
  • Coffee shop window with a book and watching the rain fall
  • Sunrise in an open meadow
  • Full moon on a lake
  • Autumn leaves in a park
  • Snow covered mountains
  • Field of wildflowers
  • City lights from a high hilltop

·
Registered
224 Posts
Your text lists typical ISP traits, and this paragraph adds F traits:

Oceanmusic said:
have always been compassionate and drawn to those who I feel are not appreciated. I have a sensitivity towards children, and am really great at connecting with them. I’ve never met a child who didn’t love to play with me or feel uncomfortable around me. I am also really big on justice and truth. I don’t like to see misuse others for their own gain. I believe everyone should be treated with kindness and supported for who they are as individuals, not just for what they can give to other people.

·
Registered
ISFP, 9w8/4/5 sp/sx, Ravenpuff
655 Posts
Posts lists typical ISFP traits, especially for a healthy/self-confident ISFP (I personally overthink things before doing them more often and then don't do them, and am generally more hesitant then what you described).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts