Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 502 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, in real life i have only knowingly met 2 INFJs and they are all female. I know there are some of you males out there. Can you guys reassure me? also maybe give me some tips on how to tell if someone is an INFJ without asking them.

thank you :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Honestly, in real life i have only knowingly met 2 INFJs and they are all female. I know there are some of you males out there. Can you guys reassure me? also maybe give me some tips on how to tell if someone is an INFJ without asking them.

thank you :)
Hmm I know I have been INFJ for years. Despite taking the test numerous times I've always been INFJ. So yeah since you're getting this reply from me, I assure you INFJ guys are real. :tongue:

As for telling whether someone is INFJ...Well the problem is INFJs don't really like appearing in public. If they do, they are usually the reserved and quiet ones hiding in some corner trying to avoid attention. A good way of telling whether someone is INFJ would be to listen to what they like to talk about. I know I hate small talk. So if you find someone discussing weighty issues from a humane perspective for the betterment of the greater good, chances are they are INFJ.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
the problem is INFJs don't really like appearing in public. If they do, they are usually the reserved and quiet ones hiding in some corner trying to avoid attention.
noooo, first of all because I'm tall so I can't hide in corners very well

thing is, eventually you realize people are social robots and quite predictable, so why not jump in and play :happy:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I go from INFJ to INFP.

Vizier is correct. We don't go out very often. For instance, today I went to the gas station, got my truck washed, then to the liquor store, the gym, grabbed some dinner (General Tao's), stopped at the grocery store and then went home.

The only time I talked to someone was at the gym.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I go from INFJ to INFP.

Vizier is correct. We don't go out very often. For instance, today I went to the gas station, got my truck washed, then to the liquor store, the gym, grabbed some dinner (General Tao's), stopped at the grocery store and then went home.

The only time I talked to someone was at the gym.
I don't talk to people in the gym. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
LOL Just do what I do, hound every quiet guy in class. I think there's an INFJ guy in my class.. he's really sweet, and apparently was depressed for like 3 months when this girl he had a crush on his entire highschool year didn't like him in the same way.

I'm guessing he's an INFJ, he tested as an INFJ but then an INFP on a more detailed quiz.. sooo who knows?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll give you some easy pointers that I've realized in myself and with the reactions of those around me.

-I always walk with my back straight.

-I'm hard to approach, but once I have been -- I'm intoxicating (if the conversation has a purpose) or so I've been told.

-I'll correct you without you realizing it -- politely.

-I'm intimidating because of an aura of confidence.

-I use health issues as excuses more than anything.

-I find myself rarely wrong, because I speak only when I'm sure (I'm sure I'm incorrect more often than I realize).

-I look sad
usually two types:
-Sad in the sense I've been wronged (pouty lips).
-Sad that the world had to end, beginning and ending with the stare of grim resolution. (This is what I consider the "INFJ" look). I find people ask me what's wrong more often in this state than in pouty-land.

-When I don't look sad, i.e. smiling, my eyes remain unchanged.

-The girls are all over me because they feel safe having their flirts bounce off me...all due to too high of an expectation on my behalf. I find most of my girlfriends are attracted to me, and to that sexual tension. Apparently it's "Adorable."

-I'm that sensitive and dark guy.

-Quiet, yet my words' meanings carry onward--which was my intent.

-"You should talk to {insert INFJ male's name} about {serious/emotional/deep topic}."

-If I speak longer than a few sentences I mimic monologues, soliloquies, and dialogues I've read before in my mind's eye -- only revised for the situation at hand. It would seem spontaneous to everyone but me (or at least that has been the case for me so far). This makes the moment either epic, or of a bombastic nature depending on the emotional climate of the room and substance of the conversation.

-I'm really sarcastic. Most of the time it's in a friendly way and not directed toward a specific individual unless they deserve it.

-I'm a perfectionist.

-I'm exacting in the things I take seriously.

-I take everything seriously :blushed:

-I'm hurt and at my most vulnerable when I'm staring and standing there, doing nothing, not replying, not caring, and not caring to not realize.

-I'll do anything for my "loved ones." I use quotes because my definition of love is something most people don't grasp. It's quite simple though. It's relentless.

There's a lot more. Maybe I'll continue if this has been helpful.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Normally, I don't either, but I've been a member for a while and know most of the people who work out there.
Well I must be very much more aloof than you. I usually stick to the same place or routine for years. In this case the gym. In all my time there I've never made any effort to speak to the people there. I think I just cannot bear to have conversation that involves the comparison of body parts or training methods because it just bores the hell out of me. And since I'm there to get the job done, philosophical discourses would only delay me from doing so.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
There is a much higher concentration of NFs on personality profiling sites than among random sample of people that you'd meet in life. So even though INFJ males are the rarest MBTI subtype, there seems to be many them on the internet. In addition NFs seems to get drawn to similar hobbies/activities/careers in life and to each other, thus among sample of people we tend to interact with the probability of encountering other NFs and therefore INFJ males is much higher.

I've known a couple of INFJ males it seems. Didn't know they were INFJ back then - just felt that they somehow stood out from other people and were slightly weird, which made me pay attention to them.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Lol. I read the OP and started to question immediately. I have many INFJ males in my life. A couple of my best friends are male INFJs. I've been friends with one of them for years. But I also can say that I never "sought" after them. They were the first to approach me.

On a different note, until coming to the forum, I hadn't met any female INFJs. And I think it would be great if I do. They are a little bit different, yet very similar to me. I just wish I could find more female INFJs in real life to be my friend.

Reactions: julesx2x

·
Registered
116 Posts
John Sheridan from Babylon 5.

·
Registered
24 Posts
also maybe give me some tips on how to tell if someone is an INFJ without asking them.
It's really a tough problem. If you don't want to ask us, the only way is in fact to go to bed with the one you think he can be, and then you'll know !Just trust me and try it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My best friend is INFJ and I can guarantee that he's a guy. Nicest guy you could ever meet. They do exist, but they are few and far between, I'm lucky I found him lol.

·
Banned
207 Posts
^ LOL SAME!

It's just that my ENFP self naturally gravitates towards introverts. They're nicer than the extrovert bullies (everyone else!).

They're so nice and fun (although they can be a bit TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Uptight. Really. REALLY. UPTIGHT.)

But they're nice people (and they're very sensitive souls. I can understand that, being an NF as well!) and they're quiet too!

But I like them like that. :happy: Rock on INFJs! (You guys are AWESOMEWTFBBQSAUCE! :crazy:)

·
Registered
630 Posts
I don't know other male INFJ's but I may assume I am INFJ and also guy (hopefully...).
I know that INFJs are quite outstanding among the others but people almost never cared to tell me something nice themselves, maybe they hoped I was so obsessed with them that I would have to determine them to do it directly but I won't. (from 'uptight' trait)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I've correctly identified two male INFJs (whom before taking the test didn't know about the MBTI)

Other than that, my friends like to joke that I'm just a figment of their imaginatons

I'd believe them

-I look sad
usually two types:
-Sad in the sense I've been wronged (pouty lips).
-Sad that the world had to end, beginning and ending with the stare of grim resolution. (This is what I consider the "INFJ" look). I find people ask me what's wrong more often in this state than in pouty-land.

-When I don't look sad, i.e. smiling, my eyes remain unchanged.
Usually had the second expression most of the time. People would ask me why I was glaring at them

Now I carry along a sly grin like I know something that most people don't

I don't really

Or do I? :3

1 - 20 of 502 Posts