Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like it... a ton. That with the deep level of companionship I miss from being single.

I think it has to do with personality, we aren't extroverted so talking isn't very energizing, and we need security and intimacy?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
hmmm, I would have to say I do enjoy it. I'm not the one to go looking for cuddles. when they come I welcome them. I only move away when I'm at my worse I want to be left alone.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'm going to assume we're talking about our significant others here... because I don't like to get hugged by people who aren't family or really close friends. In fact we don't really even hug lol It's just kind of just understood that we all care for each other.

In any case with my significant other, I love that stuff. I love holding hands and hugging. I think it was a little overwhelming for the guy during the relationship because they kind of had to give me all the hugs and hand holding I didn't have for the past two decades :crazy:

My recent ex came from a family who was pretty expressive about their affection. His parents still went on regular dates, and hugged and gave kisses to each other around/infront of him (my parents are the opposite). So I thought he would be okay/comfortable with me being the same way, but oddly I think it was overwhelming for him. Maybe he's seen too much from his parents growing up and doesn't feel the need for it like I do. Maybe he got all his hugs and hand holding out of the way dating so young. I dunno?

I can say though that this definitely applies to me in relationships :laughing: looooveeeeee ittt! :laughing:

More cowbell please!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I'm probably the only one, but physical bonding creeps me out - even if it's not meant in a sexual way. I don't like people touching me. But I think this has more to do with my own issues and has nothing to do with being an INFJ.

However, I don't mind giving other people hugs or comforting them by putting my hand on their shoulder, and things like that. But when people do it to me, I pull away.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm talking about with your significant other. Not people in general.

With people in general touching people I don't like...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hugs or a pat on the head will make me very happy:happy:

As long as I trust you..:tongue:

·
Registered
802 Posts
I do very much. I enjoy just sitting close together on the couch or holding hands, but cuddling really is the best. However, it has to be with someone I'm close to and very comfortable with; standing too close to strangers in line at the grocery store creeps me out, so I can't imagine getting cozy with someone I didn't know very well.

It's strange because where I'm living now, there's a circle of girls at school who all like to cuddle. Some of them know each other better than others, but some of them don't like each other at all. Yet they all like to cuddle. They find it strange that I don't join in, but just the thought creates this knot in my stomach.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I love Hugs, Cuddling and Spooning..from guys i actually like
anything else grosses me out...eeekkk
I feel this is more intimate to me.
I dream about it, I Love it!:happy:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I love cuddling and snuggling, that stuff is amazing. Makes me feel so comfortable and so at peace. One of my hopeless romantic dreams is to lay in a hammock with my significant other all through the night.

That is the major thing I miss about being in a relationship, is the cuddling and holding hands, all of that stuff.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I am very physically affectionate, mostly with my kids, but with others that I trust and love too.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts