Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

INFJs are generally famous in part for their ability to "read" other people, including their feelings, intentions, etc.

INTJs are generally famous in part for their ability to be "unreadable", keeping their feelings, intentions, etc. out of sight.

So: do you think that INFJs can read an INTJ who does not want to be read...?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
This is:

How precisely can I read and interpret a person's presentable surfaces?

in a fight to the finish with

How inert can I be?

What happens when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a fairly close friend who is INTJ, and I will say that he's far and away the person whom I have the most difficulty "reading". He definitely surprises me a lot too. We'll be having a conversation and suddenly he'll say he doesn't want to talk anymore because he doesn't like the topic, even though it felt to me like he was enjoying said conversation. So yeah, I'd say us INFJs do have some difficulty reading INTJs.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Who wants to read INTJs? What for?
PS.
I can read INTJs as i have a lot of experience .
-Ob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I am an INFJ married to an INTJ. I feel like I can read him extraordinarily well, but it's probably because we have been together for a long time. I think what bothers me about this, however, is that I will recognize and understand what he is feeling, but he will refuse to address or admit this feeling. Drives me nuts! But I love him anyway. :)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Hi,

I am an INFJ married to an INTJ. I feel like I can read him extraordinarily well, but it's probably because we have been together for a long time. I think what bothers me about this, however, is that I will recognize and understand what he is feeling, but he will refuse to address or admit this feeling. Drives me nuts! But I love him anyway. :)
Yaeh. That's why i wouldn't get involved with one again. I need someone who can actually talk about what's on their mind and me not being a mind reader most of the time. No thanks.
-Ob.

Reactions: pinkopal100

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
I dunno about INTJs but they can't read me, I have been told they can't then I was suspicious thinking maybe they told me so to trick me into thinking they can't but no-uh they obviously can't -even- when I want them to ._.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I dunno about INTJs but they can't read me, I have been told they can't then I was suspicious thinking maybe they told me so to trick me into thinking they can't but no-uh they obviously can't -even- when I want them to ._.
Not with us though. I read INFPs like a book :)
-Ob.

Reactions: Hiraeth

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Not with us though. I read INFPs like a book :)
-Ob.
No I truly meant INFJs. Non of my INFJs are able to read me and I can see the frustration. Sometimes I do want to be read >.> Although I feel like I -am- screaming out ( but of course I don't, the Fi is strong with this one ) they can't. I don't know if it is the Fi or being a 478 sx/sp I don't consider myself to be too secretive either, it is not like I am giving different vibes than what I feel.

I don't know about INTJs but I do think there is a certain mutual understanding and they show that they do read me to an extend, although I also feel like we acknowledge each other's boundaries and only walk the edge but not trespass

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
No I truly meant INFJs. Non of my INFJs are able to read me and I can see the frustration. Sometimes I do want to be read >.> Although I feel like I -am- screaming out ( but of course I don't, the Fi is strong with this one ) they can't. I don't know if it is the Fi or being a 478 sx/sp I don't consider myself to be too secretive either, it is not like I am giving different vibes than what I feel.

I don't know about INTJs but I do think there is a certain mutual understanding and they show that they do read me to an extend, although I also feel like we acknowledge each other's boundaries and only walk the edge but not trespass
Too bad we don't live in the same city. I would have liked to spend some time with you and prove you wrong :p
-Ob.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Reading people is a difficult thing to explain. All I do is put things together until I can come to a realistic conclusion about a person's behaviour. I don't actually think of that as reading people because it comes too naturally. It's automatic. I have no idea if I do it well or not because I never try to validate it.

So do I think I can read INTJs? I don't think about it. At all. I might do it sometimes - whether I do it well or not - but I never think about it.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
The 3 INTJs that I know in real life (all good friends) are good at reading ppl. They don't read emotion but they read characters. Very good judge of characters.

It's most likely Ni and Fi. INTJs are extremely private and cautious therefore they read characters to discern if a person is trustworthy or safe to be friends. They've done this since childhood. They told me that they just "knew" someone was a good person or not.

For me personally, I think I can read my friends' emotion well. Their face is never a poker face. It baffles me that ppl say that they are emotionless. I see nuances aplenty.

My 2 over-50 INTJs have very healthy Fi that they can verbalize and adjust to the outside world (being married does that to ya!). The 3rd and younger single INTJ has a rather narcissistic Fi that's not yet mature for him to verbalize it or compromise with others'. In other words, he's more self centered than the two older INTJs.

In general, the more and longer one knows someone, the easier to decipher what's going on inside; even for INFJs who are rather good at reading ppl.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
if the INFJs cant do it... we're all doomed. :unsure:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I find them most difficult to read of all types. My brother is an INTJ and I can read him better than anyone else, but he still leaves me confused at times. So yes and no. And I think it depends on how close the INFJ is to the INTJ, I have extreme difficulty reading INTJs if I am not already close to them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
But like someone else said I see extreme emotions in them and often believe their emotions run deeper then my own. My best analogy for that is they are Spock, on the surface most see a cold emotionless robot/vulcan, but if you look closely and I mean really look, you'll see a world of emotion you never new was possible.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
@_Observer_ challenge accepted :)) only because I imagine it would be fun :D and you can show me the best places in town, I don't mind at all

somebody quick call an ENFJ
okay, sure they have Ni, but how would a Fe dom read a Tert-Fi user? o_O *doubting*

1 - 20 of 77 Posts