Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you enjoy the coming of a hailstorm or something like that? Nothing devastating, I guess, of course.
lol

There's supposed to be a hurricane coming to the east coast US end of this week and will hit land. Can't wait.
More excited to evacuate, however. lol. weird.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
YES. I am obsessed with "bad" or "scary" weather. It makes me feel really alive! I really get off watching The Weather Channel...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Very, very much so. Few things make me as happy as seeing a storm rolling in across the plains or surging over the mountains. It's wild, it's powerful, it's chaotic, it's so ALIVE. It's one of the reasons I love where I live, though I don't get enough of the truly brilliant storms, those tend to be further east or south of the Denver area. :sad:

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
I do! I always have, I love thunderstorms and rain.

The one exception to this being all fun and games was when a tornado almost came down in my town and I had an existential moment so to speak. Coming to terms with my life perhaps being complete already.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Most definately! I also feel compelled to go hiking when the weather makes it's just barely safe... sorta weird now that i think about it.

I was visiting some friends once who lived way out in the country, and i remember sitting in bed meditating when this front came through with a huge thunderstorm, and i got totally lost just listening to the wind in the hills and the way the intensity of the rain was varying all around me.. awesome to just feel everything in motion!

·
MOTM February 2014
4,787 Posts
I'll be the first to go against the crowd, I suppose :tongue:

No, I don't really like scary weather. Once the radar shows red on it, I start getting nervous. I suppose it's because I can instantly and easily imagine about twenty ways the weather could destroy things or hurt people or go badly. If the tornado sirens go off, well... that's not good. Not good at all.

Though I do love rainstorms and the smell of rain. It's relaxing to just listen to it. And I don't get nervous as much about wintery weather as I do about the summery types.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Direct, bright sunlight feels invasive and threatening...it is harsh on my (ha) sort of melanin deficient skin and eyes.... I much prefer a grey, cloudy, tumultuous looking sky. I guess it has a certain ambiguous beauty to it. Diffused sunlight feels calm and hopeful. Rain and storms make me feel more attuned to nature.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Give me a nice T-storm, all the lightning and thunder, rain and strong winds... MMM! delicious!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I love dark clouds, the really dark ominous-looking ones. I love the coolness that often comes with them, and the wind. I love the way the trees look, swaying under a dark sky.

I work at a location where a lot of people are always coming and going, and I never understand poeple who come in complaining about how "gloomy" it is just because the sky is overcast. These same people are joyous when the temperature and humidity are both 90 - yuck!!

I sometimes think people are trained from a young age to be this way. Little children hear that they're supposed to like sunny weather and hate rain, so they do. (I also feel they're trained to fear snakes and spiders and germs, and to hate certain foods even without trying them, and even to prefer certain clolors, but I guess that's a different subject.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll be the first to go against the crowd, I suppose :tongue:

No, I don't really like scary weather. Once the radar shows red on it, I start getting nervous. I suppose it's because I can instantly and easily imagine about twenty ways the weather could destroy things or hurt people or go badly. If the tornado sirens go off, well... that's not good. Not good at all.

Though I do love rainstorms and the smell of rain. It's relaxing to just listen to it. And I don't get nervous as much about wintery weather as I do about the summery types.
This pretty much sums it up for me too. Last year, I was freaking out when a bad thunderstorm rolled through. Pacing around my house and just hoping that it would pass.

I remember as a child, the sky turning to that bad color and the tornado sirens going off. Not good. Not good at all. Oof.

Do love a good blizzard though. The ones with those fat flakes where it's just coming down like a blanket. Can be so quiet too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Absolutely! This kinda weather inspires me, makes me happy and powerful. Strange, but true. I just love it when it's freezing, windy, raining heavily and I happen to be outside! :crazy:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Absolutely. I love sunny days as much as the next guy, but something about storms is really refreshing and exhilirating. It's been a long time since we've gotten a good storm here, but when I was younger there were a couple of occasions where the sky turned bright green. That was pretty awesome. And I've seen a couple tornadoes too. One time was during marching band rehearsal in high school. It was pretty exciting.

I don't know why bad weather doesn't freak me out, but the smells, the lightning, the intensity, wondering how bad it'll get and all that I find thrilling.

...Rain on the other hand can suck it. A drizzle I can deal with, sunshowers are cool, but when it comes to plain, grey rain, it's like, Why do the clouds even bother? It's like, Hey, sky, thanks for completely boring me. :bored:

1 - 20 of 125 Posts