Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Or is ti just me?
Even though I'm not an INFP I think I can safely speak for the INFPs I know in my life. They're expressed to me that they like my innovative style of thinking. I tend to come up with ways at looking at life with an intense thoughtfulness the INFPs in my life don't find much in others. I mean, given that my personality is uncommon, naturally I see things differently than most everybody. Of course, it seems entirely logical to me with what conclusions I draw about life events but to someone else it doesn't seem that way at all. So you can imagine I get a lot of "Whoa I didn't think about it like that" responses from people. So no, the INFPs in my life don't view me as a bore. Maybe, more or less, that I act as an equal to their perceptions of the world.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Absolutely not! I know an INFJ who is one of the most interesting people I know. Intelligent, well spoken, highly creative and romantic and generally amazing! I adore him.

·
Registered
347 Posts
My husband is an INFJ and he's not boring. I'd never marry a man I considered boring. It is true there are times he does need to learn how to relax a bit and let some things go, but that's where I come in. :laughing: He brings the practical, and I bring the excitement. He's very intelligent and I can (and have) listened to him talk for hours.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I don't really mean in innovative ideas, I mean in spending time with.
Yeah, I understand. And through them spending time with me they have learned to appreciate my grasp on putting out innovative ideas, something the INFPs in my life do also, thus they don't consider me a bore.

·
Registered
375 Posts
No, I don't find INFJs boring at all. Some of my favorite people are INFJs. They always have interesting things to share, and interesting ways of looking at things that I appreciate, and time spent with them is enjoyable because of that and their ability to connect in ways I don't find in other types. On the other hand, sometimes INFJs pick irritating times to be closed-minded, which can dampen a potentially fun situation. But I'm flexible, and there are a plethora of ways to enjoy time with INFJs. Any topic of conversation becomes magical and exploratory. I love that!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
My mom is an INFJ I don't foind her boring I do though find her crazy in a good way.

We do clash on a lot of things mostly how she ALWAYS thinks about the future and how she loves to clean and is really up and go instead of relaxing. though but I absolutley LOVE her sense of humor
she always makes me laugh.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
My mom is an INFJ I don't foind her boring I do though find her crazy in a good way.

We do clash on a lot of things mostly how she ALWAYS thinks about the future and how she loves to clean and is really up and go instead of relaxing. though but I absolutley LOVE her sense of humor
she always makes me laugh.
sounds liek my mom..she jsut kinda cares about keeping up appearences, and she over works herself all the tie but, she is a sweetheart!

Reactions: Calvaire

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Perhaps. So what type would INFP likely find to be a bore?
I don't think it's a type issue. Some people are just boring. You also don't know for certain that you've seen the person you're judging to be boring with his or her guard down, so to speak, especially since he or she is apparently an introvert.

Back to the original question: I like INFJs, generally speaking. I find them kind of fascinating in that they have a completely different function set which yields a very similar personality to that of an INFP. We're very similar in some respects yet totally different in others.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Ni types are my peeps, I love them. They're very stimulating. Sometimes, I get annoyed by their tunnel vision and tendencies to fall into a rut, though.

Reactions: Matchbook

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't think it's a type issue. Some people are just boring. You also don't know for certain that you've seen the person you're judging to be boring with his or her guard down, so to speak, especially since he or she is apparently an introvert.

Back to the original question: I like INFJs, generally speaking. I find them kind of fascinating in that they have a completely different function set which yields a very similar personality to that of an INFP. We're very similar in some respects yet totally different in others.
I totally get what you are saying about the similarities versus differences. The similarities we seem to have, at least in my experience, can lend to really deep connections and understanding between the INFP and INFJ, but then some of the differences are very different indeed. That can lead to enhanced intrigue, but also confusion.

Over time I've developed closer to being INFJ even though I definitely recognize myself as INFP. I recognized this because of my increased use of Ni and Fe over the past few years. I think my enchantment with INFJs and my appreciation of some of their qualities led me to try to develop those qualities myself.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I can only speak for the INFJ I know. I like her and we've become good friends, but she is very ... intense. About everything, all the time. What Rowingineden said about tunnel vision and the occasional breakdown applies to my friend. I think she'd be more happy if she took it easy a bit more ... she's so paranoid about letting people down or failing them. When she finds a balance between living for others and living for herself I think she'll be more happy.
in other words, she's not boring at all, she's very complex and... layered... like an onion, without smelling like an onion

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I don't find them boring. The things I dislike about INFJs have nothing to do with boredom. :laughing:

Usually, if I have a problem with an INFJ, it has to do with his/her lack of a strong ethical foundation or belief system, and the permissiveness that can come from such a flaw. This is usually such a minor irritation that it rarely comes up.

I might have trouble with an INFJ's tendency to need to plan, or to have things organized, but this is also a very minor irritation that I can put in perspective in order to have empathy.

Boredom? Nah, INFJs are usually completely fascinating. I like the ones I've met and find that we never run out of things to talk about. Some of my best friends are INFJs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hanging out with an INFJ is quite an experience! One of my best friends is INFJ, and i also know one other, and they both understand me and my outlook better than most of the world. The telepathy between us is continuous, so they're exciting in that way. Both of them however, are the exact opposite of the typical xxxP flighty/loose/dowhateverwhenever sort of attitude.. so I can see where you get boring if you have that expectation. Overall though, i wouldn't say boring at all... anytime someone even remotely understands what i'm talking about i get pretty excited :laughing:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts