Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kafka.jpg

I often get told how I look different. The adjectives people use for my facial expression are - poker faced, deep, very serious, calm, detached, distant - in an alternate world. The facial expression doesn't change much, and most of these adjectives describe the eyes.

I think Franz Kafka has the same look. Is this something common to INFPs?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
People who don't know me well use those descriptors for me. They'll say that I always look "so calm" (even though I am practically always freaking out) and I've been told I come off as detached. I'm just lost in thought most of the time, concentrating on the never-ending internal dialogue between myself and myself.

Those closer to me say the opposite, though. I am very expressive when I'm comfortable.

I think it's common for INFPs to have a calm expression, though. There's so much going on inside the head - no time to worry about what the face is doing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been told before that I always seem to have a serious, but calm, non-revealing look on my face and that they can never tell how I feel or what I'm thinking about. Apparently half the time I'm laughing my ass off about something, and the other half of the time I look like I might be preparing to hurt something. There isn't much of a midpoint. No clue if it's something common to INFPs.

·
empty calories
992 Posts
I have seen some clear correlations between looks and mbti type in INxJ's... but INFPs are a lot more difficult to spot. But they're generally somewhat blank-faced, yet welcoming, I guess. :)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I have a childish open look most of the time. Also confused, dazed, spaced out... Those are the most common adjectives people use to describe me.

But no, I don't have a serious face (unless I'm actually quiet or upset). I think I'm pretty welcoming, and my face reflects exactly what I'm feeling or thinking. I've never been good at masking my emotions.

Reactions: Ranavari

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
It's actually fairly common for people to tell me that I look sad, when I'm not. I'll just be minding my own business, going off into my own world and people will interrupt it with "Hey, why do you look so sad? Is everything alright?" I'm usually not sad. Maybe I should smile more?

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
I do not relate to Kafka. Just a guess -- he's INTP.

INTP - Famous INTPs - CelebrityTypes.com

Kafka: "Something like my [mixture of characteristics] I have never found anywhere else: Cold indifference, a childish helplessness approaching the ridiculous, and a brutish complacence."

Kafka: "[I have] the indifference of a self-sufficient but coldly imaginative child."

Kafka: "How easy it is to admire Napoleon!"

Peter Drucker: "What few people know is that outside his work as a fiction writer, Kafka is also the inventor of modern safety headgear, as used on construction sites."

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,261 Posts
yeah, I do kinda look like that. I notice a T shape going on with the straight brows and narrow nose, my face is rather like that. And the blank-serious expression is definitely me. Even when I'm feeling good inside I find my face tends to settle into this slightly 'glowering' look and every once in a while I have to remind myself to raise my eyebrows and move my cheek muscles and get my face out of that sort of pinched stoney expression. I honnestly feel like my facial muscles get tired when I'm around people because I'm trying to actually give myself appropriate expressions when my face's default is much more bland.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
People who don't know me well use those descriptors for me. They'll say that I always look "so calm" (even though I am practically always freaking out) and I've been told I come off as detached. I'm just lost in thought most of the time, concentrating on the never-ending internal dialogue between myself and myself.

Those closer to me say the opposite, though. I am very expressive when I'm comfortable.

I think it's common for INFPs to have a calm expression, though. There's so much going on inside the head - no time to worry about what the face is doing.
I'm your twin.

65 Posts
I look calm when I'm insecure and practically paranoid even my voice is like that. When I'm confident and around good friends I just look mentally retarded lol, Im all hyper and make random voices. I'll come to life, kinda in my own world. All depends on the environment, definitely has its benefits.

I can be the life of the party and the shadow in the background

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I used to get told 'cheer up, it might never happen...', but nowadays what worries me is that people keep saying 'stop frowning' when I'm not, and it's because of all the time concentrating or thinking I'm getting these horrid permanant frown lines! Crows feet is fine by me but NOT the frown lines!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hahahaha! He sorta looks like me when I'm in deep thought... 'xept for the bushy eyebrow, mouth, hair, ears, suit, and the fact that he's a dude. :tongue:

I generally have a smile on my face when I'm talking with people, though... you know, unless we're talking about something sad...

If I'm off by myself, I will usually have the same unreadable expression everyone on here seem to be referring to... or my expressions will match my thoughts. It's usually just because I'm so deep in thought that I don't pay as much attention to what my face is doing as I would if I was speaking with other people. The minute someone walks into the room, though, that'll change in a heartbeat. :proud:

I've been told that my eyes "reveal everything" in a sense that people can pretty much tell how I feel or what excites/depresses me just by looking at my eyes when they're talking to me. I've also been told that I'm very "expressive" when I speak, too. I'm definitely not loud when I speak... I'm just... expressive... like, "good-storyteller" expressive, I suppose.

*shrugs* 'Least that's what I've been told. :proud:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts