Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I just did this a second ago, I was wondering, because this is my new obsession, wondering what traits in my personality are to do with me as an individual and which are supposedly trait shared by many INFP's

so Is an INFP more likely to forward the wrong person the wrong joke, or say the wrong thing to the wrong person, or is it just me.:blushed:

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Uh..yeah I feel that I do it often. I don't realize until later that it might not have been a good idea to have said something out loud.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
it happens to me sometimes, i'm not good at sensing boundaries so i either keep quiet or i say the wrong things

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
i do this a lot too. I think it has something to do with my lack of thought in conversation. My mind's always elsewhere

·
Registered
615 Posts
I sense I should, but I ALWAYS take the easy way out. -_-; I'm so annoying...

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I do all the time. I have a 'foot in my mouth' moment every single day.
the other night when I was home I was walking my dog at night and there was a little boy and his mom
the little boy asked if my dog was nice
me: "NO!" then I laughed
then me:
" I uh I mean she's an old women and has cataracts she used to be nicer but she's just uhmm fiesty"
the little boys mom: "come here!"

My thoughts: Oh god jolene SHUT UP once in a while! lol

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
When I have the lime light of doing a presentation in front of tons of people, I definitely own the show, but certainly let a few things slip just being in "the moment."

Here's what some classmates said about my presentation, note my names Richard. I did it with a partner, but we had separate parts. Note the change of tone in suggestions, it was mainly relating to me -- except the brown kid part.

Peer Feedback:
Strengths

- Good personal stories!
- Richard’s half went by very quickly and kept my attention the whole time
- Funny, honest, and heartfelt story by Gurinder – very reflective and insightful
- I liked that it was personal and really amusing
- Talking about law/crim is good as many students are interested
- Both of you are good speakers – comfortable, you project well, are interesting
- From dating to a degree – I will not forget this. Cultural values very interesting as well as how you changed direction…coming to school for love and then for yourself. Inspiring!
- I liked Richard’s point about when you are bored with learning you should take initiative and make it interesting.
- Personal, honest, inspiring
- Stories were great!
- I like the way Richard talks – he is interesting to watch
- The best

Suggestions

- I really don’t like it when people constantly refer to themselves as “brown people” but it was interesting to learn about the culture
- Richard was a bit all over the place
- Tone down the language
- No “f-bombs” J
- DO NOT SWEAR
- Speed up – Gurinder – you got a bit repetitive (yet it was very interesting)
- Gurinder – great story – but be more concise
- Swearing – come on!
- Richard – none! You were awesome!
- A little off topic at times
- Richard – be more attentive to what you say – you are engaging, you don’t need to swear to get our attention – you already have it
- Potty mouth
- Your presentation should be informal but swearing, no.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If I say something that upsets people it's close to always purposefully. I don't find myself saying things I immediately regret. I guess I'm just good at being really quiet before I agree with myself what is best to say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've gotten pretty good at feeling out a situation before choosing what I say, but this wasn't always the case. I do remember once sending a nasty email about a person to the person the email was about accidentally. Man, was that awkward.

·
Premium Member
15,252 Posts
I'm pretty reserved and quiet. I can't really relate. There have been times but I've had a long life.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, I do that quite a bit, only realizing I've said the wrong thing later that day/night.

·
Registered
105 Posts
yeah. i feel like part of the reason that happens to me so often is that i force myself to be extraverted. naturally i want to process things before i say that but i have kind of trained myself to just talk. i end up saying embarassing things a lot.....but its not like i think things are appropriate when theyre not. im a pretty polite person so i know whats okay to say and what will hurt people or otherwise, so usually its someting that never meant to come out of my mouth at all. im saying so much (forcing myself to be an extravert) that i get caught up in it and say some stuff i wish i never said. it doesnt happen too severely but i feel like i definitely have my moments....

·
Registered
915 Posts
To those I love Im a loose tongue! Had the most eloquent argument with another INFP this week. It wasnt suppose to be funny, but it was...to me at least. lol Only time will tell.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Foot-in-mouth syndromes, very familiar.
Its like a short circuit in the head. A mental reflex that operates before I even realise what it is I am going to say. Sort of a brainfart.

Its an ongoing problem with me. I thought I had it nailed but its cropping up again. Only a few weeks ago I mailed something very stupid to my girl. If she had not had such an incredibly kind heart that could have hurt our relationship badly.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
My biggest problem is that I'm not always accurate in relaying my concepts to other people. I spend a lot of time thinking about certain topics and when I try to explain it succinctly, it never comes out properly because it requires a lot of foundation to be laid first.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Just did this today, too. I looked too far into a comment that one of my bosses made to me. I took it as him thinking I was really dumb and didn't understand something that I have been doing for 12 years. I started to get fuming mad and brooding about it and after 15 minutes had passed since the comment was made, I walked up to him and mumbled something about being really insulted at what he said and then I stormed away before he could reply and I went straight out the door to lunch. When I came back he told me very calmly that my interpretation of his comment was totally wrong and proved it to me. I felt like such an idiot. I suck at confrontation and I am very embarrassed when I show my anger and it ends up being for no reason.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah. i feel like part of the reason that happens to me so often is that i force myself to be extraverted. naturally i want to process things before i say that but i have kind of trained myself to just talk. i end up saying embarassing things a lot.....but its not like i think things are appropriate when theyre not. im a pretty polite person so i know whats okay to say and what will hurt people or otherwise, so usually its someting that never meant to come out of my mouth at all. im saying so much (forcing myself to be an extravert) that i get caught up in it and say some stuff i wish i never said. it doesnt happen too severely but i feel like i definitely have my moments....
I think I did that a lot for a while, I'm trying to re-train myself, the last time, which started this post was because I was trying to be extrovert, (socialable) as sooo many people like to call it,

old habits die hard.

well I'm going to continue to re-train myself into more natural habits :laughing:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts