Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Movies, books, games, doesn't matter but does someone here know an INTP villain?

I see a lot of INTJ villains but INTP villains don't seem to be a thing D:

Any ideas??

(sry for my bad english it's not my first language)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
From the heroes and villains thread mentioned above: I propose Light from death note, and I have an argument I see fits. Also I like Simpson17866's points about Agent Smith (the matrix) being INTP.

It's very hard to see an INTP villain, but lets break it down into parts and see what one would look like.

Introvert - they conduct themselves from a safe place, a lair (or home) and venture out into the world for short missions/or just send their subordinates to do it. They do not constantly surround themselves with others, even subordinates. Often alone.

NT - that thinking, intuitive loop. This is where the "grand plans" come from. Maybe somebody else can elaborate on what that would look like. Probably abstract (big picture) & logical, and ruthless (majority is the only thing that's important), or something by the numbers, without feeling.

P - works spontaneously, easily adaptable, the only plan they follow is the "grand plan", the over arching vague direction to the end result. It's like a ship sailing towards a destination. Keep pointing North and the waves that jostle you left and right don't matter in the slightest.

I think all these things together, though not the most common, are quite conducive to making a great villain.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think I've ever seen an INTJ villain, just INTJs with misunderstood perspectives.
Well I mean... a lot of villains have misunderstood perspectives.

Here some INTJ villains:
Khan (Star Trek)
Magneto (X-Men)
Hannibal Lectre (Silence of the lambs)
Judge Claude Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Ozymandias (Watchmen)

I mean k some of these are not really villains but you know where i'm coming from?
AND i know INTJs are very careful when it comes to if a person is really an INTJ but thes people seem like INTJ to me... you probably know it better :^)

·
Registered
20 Posts
LOL what's up with people keeping stereotyping villains as INTJ, makes the type sound like a disorder in itself ;)
Telling MBTI of a villain isn't usually as easy as it seems since the classical villain type is a highly unhealthy one. The person is often robbed off their actual main persona traits and good potentials through series of unfortunate life experienes or illnesses, they are MBTI shadows.

For example take a look at the villain group from Suicide Squad movie, they are various in persona.

You should also take a look at irl villains, much more variety than with the comic or media ones.

For example Dylan Klebold, one of the columbine shooters. I'd say he is IXFX or INFX judging by his diaries.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
From the heroes and villains thread mentioned above: I propose Light from death note, and I have an argument I see fits. Also I like Simpson17866's points about Agent Smith (the matrix) being INTP.
Why would you think any of those are INTP?

NT - that thinking, intuitive loop. This is where the "grand plans" come from. Maybe somebody else can elaborate on what that would look like. Probably abstract (big picture) & logical, and ruthless (majority is the only thing that's important), or something by the numbers, without feeling.
"Grand plans" do not come from INTPs. Those come from Ni.
Also without feeling no matter how inferior, there is no ambition. Feeling though can be very ruthless.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen an INTJ villain, just INTJs with misunderstood perspectives.
Well, define villain.

Anyway I consider myself a d̶e̶v̶i̶l̶s̶ INTJs advocate, considering I have INTJ brother and Ti-Ne gives me ability to see perspectives easier than many feelers who go by guts.
I had INFP look at my brother's photo saying he looks evil (and he is VERY laid back one), but I guess it's just the INTJ face/stare that make people vary.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL what's up with people keeping stereotyping villains as INTJ, makes the type sound like a disorder in itself ;)
Telling MBTI of a villain isn't usually as easy as it seems since the classical villain type is a highly unhealthy one. The person is often robbed off their actual main persona traits and good potentials through series of unfortunate life experienes or illnesses, they are MBTI shadows.

For example take a look at the villain group from Suicide Squad movie, they are various in persona.

You should also take a look at irl villains, much more variety than with the comic or media ones.

For example Dylan Klebold, one of the columbine shooters. I'd say he is IXFX or INFX judging by his diaries.

Sorry i didn't mean to say that every villain or a lot of villains are INTJs... but on my journey to find an INTP villain i just found a lot of people talking about INTJ villains.
And yes youre right... most villains have a "damaged"personality. And yes irl it is a bit more complicated

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Why would you think any of those are INTP?

"Grand plans" do not come from INTPs. Those come from Ni.
Also without feeling no matter how inferior, there is no ambition. Feeling though can be very ruthless.
Wikipedia says INTP-
N – Intuition preferred to sensing: INTPs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.[8]
T – Thinking preferred to feeling: INTPs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.[9]

INTP are do not have ambition for themselves. They are usually pushed to action because other people need them to. Like magneto, he's sticking up for a whole group of people.

When INTP go to university etc, they do not do so as a plan in and of itself unless forced on them to do so from expectations etc. They have a grand plan, an end target, Z. the points between A and Z are fuzzy and seemingly irrelevant.

I also said I agreed with Simpson17866's point and named the thread it was in. I have no idea how you have the balls to ask me to explain somebody else's point because you're too lazy to click a link lmao

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Wikipedia says INTP-
N – Intuition preferred to sensing: INTPs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.[8]
T – Thinking preferred to feeling: INTPs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.[9]

INTP are do not have ambition for themselves. They are usually pushed to action because other people need them to. Like magneto, he's sticking up for a whole group of people.

When INTP go to university etc, they do not do so as a plan in and of itself unless forced on them to do so from expectations etc. They have a grand plan, an end target, Z. the points between A and Z are fuzzy and seemingly irrelevant.
It's this superficial understanding that makes type you almost any character as INTP. Neither Magneto I have ever seen typed as INTP.

I also said I agreed with Simpson17866's point and named the thread it was in. I have no idea how you have the balls to ask me to explain somebody else's point because you're too lazy to click a link lmao
Simpson has not posted anything in this thread nor you provided any link to his post. If you expect me to search all threads in order to find someone else's reason why you claim highly controversial typings, you are perhaps quite full of yourself. On top of that by your own answer it is your notion that Light would be INTP. If you make controversial statement, be ready to substantiate or provide reference yourself, otherwise you won't be ever taken seriously. Certainly not by me.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
It's this superficial understanding that makes type you almost any character as INTP. Neither Magneto I have ever seen typed as INTP.

Simpson has not posted anything in this thread nor you provided any link to his post. If you expect me to search all threads in order to find someone else's reason why you claim highly controversial typings, you are perhaps quite full of yourself. On top of that by your own answer it is your notion that Light would be INTP. If you make controversial statement, be ready to substantiate or provide reference yourself, otherwise you won't be ever taken seriously. Certainly not by me.
no I don't expect you to do any searching, I referenced a thread somebody else linked too already, in this thread. I also haven't seen anything that would make me care if you take me seriously or not lol

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
lol I wondered how long it would take for me to have to use the ignore function on this site. I actually didn't foresee it would be for an INTP for being condescending. shame on me I guess.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry i didn't mean to say that every villain or a lot of villains are INTJs... but on my journey to find an INTP villain i just found a lot of people talking about INTJ villains.
And yes youre right... most villains have a "damaged"personality. And yes irl it is a bit more complicated
I think INTP generally is someone who is capable of doing villainish stuff if they see nice personal gain from it, they tend to be cynical which allows them to justify these deeds further. Like the scientist developing a super weapon for his warmongering master believing that it also is great for scientific technological and personal development while it kills lots of innocents. The INTP villain mostly doesn't care if those not close live or die, but if it's needed for his project to progress so shall it be. Look for background villains, they are sometimes those who you would suspect less as their master gathers the most attention, or dismiss them as "they were just doing their job". Irl example: Einstein and his atom bomb invention. He knew how much destructive power it has and he was aware of the warmongering nature of mankind. Still he released it and enjoyed his fame as someone who contributed to the world in science.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Simpson has not posted anything in this thread nor you provided any link to his post. If you expect me to search all threads in order to find someone else's reason why you claim highly controversial typings, you are perhaps quite full of yourself.
Here it is:

Doesn't mind talking to other people as long as he has something to talk about, but only enjoys talking to himself. Desperate to be free of a world full of people that he deems mundane.

Talks about everything in terms of grand ideals instead of mere practicalities (until he deems his captive audience too unintelligent to understand anything more complicated than a visceral "It's the smell ... I can taste your stink")

Cold and aloof, only loses control when people insist on doing things that don't make any sense

And most importantly (since I feel that he would normally be typed as INTJ), when one train of logic fails to persuade a person to rationally accept his point of view, he quickly moves on to another unrelated train of thought instead of trying to develop the initial direction. On the one hand: his monologues make perfect sense, but they always tend to ramble aimlessly. On the other hand: his monologues tend to ramble aimlessly, but they always make perfect sense :cool:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts