Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so there's this fabulous prediction that is striking to my attention! :shocked: I'm an ISFJ and there was this girl that I dated back in middle school. I never got over how much she attracted me, I felt she was my inspiration throughout all my life! Every day I'd wonder how anyone could be more amazing. I recently made her take a personality quiz and to my astonishment, her result was an ESFJ. It also stated that the dominant trait (feeling) was 100% extraverted! You see, she was super smart, nice, controllable, and extraverted! Is this just a coincidence or should I be attracted to all genuine, intelligent ESFJs? I theorized that this attraction can be explained because I, myself, lack the Fe in my system. I heard about how some ISFJs can abandon their Fe altogether from total introversion, so wouldn't it be natural to admire someone with Fe as their dominant function!? What do you think!? :laughing:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Okay, so there's this fabulous prediction that is striking to my attention! :shocked: I'm an ISFJ and there was this girl that I dated back in middle school. I never got over how much she attracted me, I felt she was my inspiration throughout all my life! Every day I'd wonder how anyone could be more amazing. I recently made her take a personality quiz and to my astonishment, her result was an ESFJ. It also stated that the dominant trait (feeling) was 100% extraverted! You see, she was super smart, nice, controllable, and extraverted! Is this just a coincidence or should I be attracted to all genuine, intelligent ESFJs? I theorized that this attraction can be explained because I, myself, lack the Fe in my system. I heard about how some ISFJs can abandon their Fe altogether from total introversion, so wouldn't it be natural to admire someone with Fe as their dominant function!? What do you think!? :laughing:

I'm assuming you meant ESFJs in the thread title and not ESFPs in your paragraph.

I think this is likely just a personal bond you've felt to one person. Unless you know a lot of ESFJs and you feel the same way about all of them, I think it's more of an individual scenario. I don't think I've heard ISFJs on PerC talk that much about ESFJs, and from what I do recall, the feelings seem to be somewhat mixed.

For me, there is an ESTJ I know that I look up to, respect, and admire more than just about anyone else I've known. However, there are other ESTJs I know that I also respect, but moreso in more casual sort of way. I get along with ESTJs well overall, but I also understand that this particular ESTJ means a lot to me.

So my guess is that this on ESFJ has a very similar effect on you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts