Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first test I took said I was an INFJ. I took the same test again and got the same result. I think I may flip back and forth from INFP to INFJ, but somebody seems to think I may be an ISTP.

So, what do you need to know?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They say I'm dependable. That's about all I can remember.

During the day, I think about a particular girl, careers/jobs, fitness and exercising, cars, traveling, politics...food...cheeseburgers, of course.

I value relationships. I feel strongly about maintaining harmony and happiness and curing the planet.

I like exercising/lifting weights, coaching sports, spending time with friends/family/my girl, eating good food, fantasizing about owning sports cars/motorcycles, playing PS3 games, watching movies/tv (like Top Gear and The IT Crowd), and volunteering/helping people.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
...cheeseburgers, of course.
mmm, cheeseburger ... i approve of these kind of thoughts ^^

well, based on what I have seen of your posts I would say that you are xSFx personality type
would you say that you are introverted? do you need time to yourself to recharge after spending some time out?

the J and P thing is more difficult to decide - do you feel need to direct other people and events at times? do you feel need to finish whatever you have started? do you have need for organization in your outside environment? or do you prefer to just inform people and let them act as they please, start things but don't really care that much if you complete them or not if something more interesting comes up?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mmm, cheeseburger ... i approve of these kind of thoughts ^^

well, based on what I have seen of your posts I would say that you are xSFx personality type
would you say that you are introverted? do you need time to yourself to recharge after spending some time out?

the J and P thing is more difficult to decide - do you feel need to direct other people and events at times? do you feel need to finish whatever you have started? do you have need for organization in your outside environment? or do you prefer to just inform people and let them act as they please, start things but don't really care that much if you complete them or not if something more interesting comes up?
Yes, I am an Introvert.

No, I do not feel the need to direct people, but I do like to plan things ahead of time.

Yes, I need to finish what I have started, but it depends on the situation. Of course I prefer things to be organized. Who doesn't?

Yes, if I start something, I'll usually complete it and then move onto something else.

No, I don't really care what other people do. I'll simply provide them with information, some advice, and let them make their own decision.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The result:

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************** (34)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.1)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.1)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************** (16.8)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************* (13.5)
unused
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.3)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************************** (52.6)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFP, or INFP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Nevermind. I'm an ISTP. It feels good to finally know.
Guess you're going to have to change your Sig now. :tongue:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Okay, instead of just constantly bashing you, i think it's time for me to try giving you a helping paw.

You need to sedate yourself next time you go into the ISTP forum... See what happens when you're calm and logical.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Okay, instead of just constantly bashing you, i think it's time for me to try giving you a helping paw.

You need to sedate yourself next time you go into the ISTP forum... See what happens when you're calm and logical.

But my opinion stands, i don't think, even seeing you this calm that you're an ISTP.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

But my opinion stands, i don't think, even seeing you this calm that you're an ISTP.
Okay, we'll see what happens.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
You always gave me sense of a feeler so I'd type you as ISFP. About 7-8% of guys test that so it is not that uncommon. ISTPs are more on the in-your-face don't give a crap side of spectrum where other people are concerned - where as you demonstrate much more consideration for other people and their feelings.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
You always gave me sense of a feeler so I'd type you as ISFP. About 7-8% of guys test that so it is not that uncommon. ISTPs are more on the in-your-face don't give a crap side of spectrum where other people are concerned - where as you demonstrate much more consideration for other people and their feelings.
Where is that? :unsure:

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts