Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Boring!

I don't like to really bother myself with them, they just don't interest me. Sometimes they don't make sense either.

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
I used to have an interest in the 'occult', but that was more to do with the theories behind them - after that, especially when I saw that many were easily debunked, I lost interest in most. I can say that I find it hard to get along with those who have these as their primary interests, and like to share them all the time, though. It seems like many put blind faith into those sort of topics.

·
Registered
105 Posts
No, I have not stayed away from such subjects. I have delved in the archetypal symbolism in alchemy; I ching and its correlations to synchronistic events; tarot and their archetypal themes. I have also studied astrology (the symbolic/archetypal kind, not the predictive stuff). I had a very short lived romance with Feng Shui... Oh yes, also I studied Kabbalah (Had to learn some Hebrew for that). :laughing:

I consider all them hobbies and have never been to serious or "religious" about them... I have just studied that stuff because it's very intriguing and it's fun to learn new things, different ideologies.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have an interest in them... but, i will just read for fun and for my knowledge but i dont believe in any cuz most of their theories are totally not logical. For example, some religion says that if you dont join them, you will go to hell. However, for what i know, there are more than 1 that say that. So, all of us are going to hell when we die.. provided there is this place call hell and burn eternally... Oh wait... the divine being up there loves us right? :confused:

Sorry to those who felt offended after reading. I dont mean it...

·
Administrator
22,343 Posts
I am interested in occults to make fun of them....they don't seem to make much sense unless you are getting a giggle. However from an anthropological and psychological perspective they are interesting, although I like to keep my distance.....people filled with religious fervour are downright scary and they sometimes like to *shudder* touch you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The question was too broad in the first place, define Occult?.. a Solar Eclipse is an occult event, is that deniable, it was a supernatural event to our ancesters... is that Voodoo, Black Magic, White Magic, Shamanism ...?

Metaphysics, which area Quantum physics/mechanics, Dark Matter, Energy manipulation? Perhaps The Matrix theory or Poltergists, Spiritualism, Star Seeds, X-men. Denying beyond the physical is quite sad, it amounts to the cock crowing 3 times because if you are Under 60 and especially Under 30 you are part of a metaphysical change that is happening now. Quite disturbing for Scientist types to deny their own atomic/energy existence.

But I guess who looked at what will be equally vague ... however there are a lot of amusing comments on here by very naive people who would wet themselves if they ever came across what they have spoken about with such authority . It is fine to be dis-interested but for a group which appears to promote itself as an elitist intellectual club it is wrong to have an opinion about something you have no experience of in reality. And although we are talking about beyond physical, in each case there is a reality, trust me.

What is really funny about the negative comments from the people who are supposed to have had a look at it, is that they were either too frightened to go any closer or horror of horrors they didn't complete the job. Poor form for an INTJ.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm interested in how such theories are debunked.
And trying to persuade those who take them seriously that they are manipulative bullshit.

That's about the only extent to which I find such topics fascinating.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, like many other INTJs here I have a passing interest in the occult. I enjoy the symbolism and mysteriousness - but don't take it seriously from a logical perspective. It's just fun to entertain in my mind - like reading Harry Potter is!

Similarly I enjoy Skeptics Society topics because that is looking at the strange (alien abductions, conspiracy theories, the paranormal etc...) through the filter of logic (I guess, applying the scientific method to things science doesn't deal with). So you get the best of both worlds. Enjoying the mysterious without having to abandon logic and truth and believe in nonsense.

Metaphysics, which area Quantum physics/mechanics, Dark Matter, Energy manipulation? Perhaps The Matrix theory or Poltergists, Spiritualism, Star Seeds, X-men. Denying beyond the physical is quite sad, it amounts to the cock crowing 3 times because if you are Under 60 and especially Under 30 you are part of a metaphysical change that is happening now. Quite disturbing for Scientist types to deny their own atomic/energy existence.

But I guess who looked at what will be equally vague ... however there are a lot of amusing comments on here by very naive people who would wet themselves if they ever came across what they have spoken about with such authority . It is fine to be dis-interested but for a group which appears to promote itself as an elitist intellectual club it is wrong to have an opinion about something you have no experience of in reality. And although we are talking about beyond physical, in each case there is a reality, trust me.

What is really funny about the negative comments from the people who are supposed to have had a look at it, is that they were either too frightened to go any closer or horror of horrors they didn't complete the job. Poor form for an INTJ.
WTF? :mellow:

1 - 20 of 196 Posts