Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, so you really broke tit here. Such a bad boy/girl aren't we?

Kidding aside. I can't really understand cognitive functions as of this moment, especially in Ni or Ne (I tend to agree on both descriptions so I can't really say where I fall on to. ) But I could say I'm an Fe and Ti user. And I consider myself xNxx. (The only thing I knew for sure is I had a preference on intuition.)

And because of this, I'd like to ask for your help to enlighten me on this thing and help me understand which function do I really use.

Without further ado, here's my answers for the provided questionnaire:

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

As of this time, none. Except the hot weather here (I live in a tropical country btw.) I'm a male, early 20's (Please don't tell me to just live my life and observe myself, I look for answers for the topic itself, not an advice on how to live my life. You may say things may fall into place once I'm old, yes you're right about this, but it doesn't mean I spend my whole life trying to figure out what's my MBTI type.) and I lived and grew up with an ESTJ father and ISFJ mother. My mind is clear as of this moment.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

I chose this pic: (In case you can't see it, its a field full of greens grass)

flickr.com/photos/grantlsack/16799557430/in/explore-2015-03-31 (just copy and paste it in your browser)

It gave me an impression of a very windy place, and looking at it gives me a peace of mind because it make my mind felt it's free from all limiting aspects of the society. It makes my mind to think of anything without limits, evoking my sense of exploration and inquisitiveness, in which is the state of mind I'm really craving for.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Of course, I would be pissed off not because the car stopped unexpectedly, but it stopped me to see different places over a course of time. It's giving me a feeling of watching a really good movie, and just suddenly stopped. Outward reactions? Just calm, but screaming internally.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Depends on my mood to be honest. Because I know myself that I always had fickle interests for this things. If the concert did go well and made me feel that I want more, then I'd love to go in the afterparty. But if I felt overwhelmed and I really wanted to be alone after (this feeling is spontaneous) , then I'll be not joining the afterparty.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inwardly, considering that it hit my deepest held values, I'll be pissed off for sure, but then after a matter of seconds, my mind would automatically think of "why do they think that way? Perhaps their lives and experiences made them think that way..", making me consider their ideas in their perspectives, and eventually, I'll accept their ideas and my pissed-off feeling would go away.

Outwardly, II'll just tell them that let's not clash anymore and just hold on to our deepest values. And if they ever try to change mind, I'll just roll my eyes to them and tell them to stop that and just respect our opinions. I'm not the type of person who loves to moralize people.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I'll be pissed off to the one who/what caused it, but try to understand what did they do it. And then my pissed off feeling would go away because of understanding the situation objectively.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Do not make promise you can't keep. I came up with this after my parents broke their promise when I was little.

Always reciprocate to those who helped you before. Because you're an asshole if you don't. I came up with this because I can't help being angry to those people I helped before and not returning the favor. I don't always ask for help, and so it would hurt me a lot if the ones that I helped before didn't helped me back.

Never shove your belief onto others. They had their own perspectives in life, respect it. I came up with this because I hate being shoved by other beliefs.

Never make people wait for you They have their time invested on you, make the best out of it. And be professional.

Be weird Never listen to what others have told you what they think is right, always follow yourself.

When you help people, always make sure they can stand after you helped them. I have a penchant for rescuing problematic people. I even talked to a stranger once about her problems in life. It always make my heart jumps when I help people in general about their problems.

Never judge people about what they do I may be a total judger on the outside or physical looks and make fun of them sometimes (this is the only way I appreciate fashion), but when it comes to crime or weird actions. The first thing I had in mind was "why do they do it"? Even if it clashed with my personal values. This is why I love criminal movies, shows and books. Because I love studying people's perspectives in general.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

Well, that would be my Inquisitiveness and capability for deepening a concept that could apply for everything (is this a sign of Extroverted intuition? ) of course! My insights about people lead me to understand more and more about them, and so I could connect them into something far. Like how human personality shapes culture and politics and business income strategy (This is the the traits I could connect to ENTP personality type). Many of my friends told me I'm good at foresight and I'm close to a psychologist (this is why I could relate well to INFJ personality type)

And when I'm frustrated, God I hoped that I'm just shallow as a sensor. Being having a preference for intuition is hard. I could sense when people doesn't like me, I could sense the what would be the outcome in the future if I pursued this, leading me not to try anymore. This is why I still have no girlfriend as of this date, it's not that I'm scared to fail on courting women, rather, I fear relationships that wouldn't work out in the future and would only lead into something bad for both parties.

If I'm only a sensor, I wouldn't mind this things, just try for myself what would happen and that's it.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I treat them as my daily guide. But sometimes I don't follow them. They arise when I sense something not good, or anytime (It happens to be so spontaneous. But not always, and not sometimes)

9. a) What activities energize you most?

Being able to exercise my creativity by innovating and designing new products (this is why I can relate to ENTP), my opinion being heard, solving a very interesting phenomena or a mystery, helping people to cope up with their problems, making a formula out of all irrelevant data, asking the question "why?". Talking about the psychology of people, penetrating how they think, and understanding why people do certain things (This is why I can relate to INFJs.)

9.b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Travelling (it depends on the place though), talking to people so much, being alone for a long time, not being heard, my creativity is limited by the rules, SJ stuff. Dealing with too much details. Excessive criticism.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

My inquisitiveness, weirdness and talking about how people think. Because my friends are not fond of talking about deep stuff. When I do, my friends would just roll their eyes, wouldn't listen to me, and leave my heart broken. :(

And so, that's it MBTI experts! Looking forward for your inputs. :)

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Hahahaha! LOL. This has to work, but Saruman's dead :( IFYWIM
Haha no, please explain. I'll get back to you with a guess on your type btw.

Edit: I'm getting an ISFJ vibe, possibly INFJ.

You seem to have a grudge against obervants, so I'm having a little difficulty to tell if you're trying too hard to find intuition in yourself or if you truly are an intuitive. It could be that you're just balanced on N/S and have preference for using both. Please tell me what you think on this. :)

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
I would say you are INxJ. Bordering to F but I'm still unsure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha no, please explain. I'll get back to you with a guess on your type btw.

Edit: I'm getting an ISFJ vibe, possibly INFJ.

You seem to have a grudge against obervants, so I'm having a little difficulty to tell if you're trying too hard to find intuition in yourself or if you truly are an intuitive. It could be that you're just balanced on N/S and have preference for using both. Please tell me what you think on this. :)
How could you tell that I have a grudge against observants? Please enlighten me with this.

Hmm, I read about ISFJ, and I can't really relate on this. My mom is an ISFJ, and we tend to clash a lot especially in our beliefs because she's a deep conservative and a strong catholic devotee. She had a very strong Si in a sense, and I don't. :(

Plus, I'm a very chaotic mess to be considered as an ISFJ.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Wow, so you really broke tit here. Such a bad boy/girl aren't we?

Kidding aside. I can't really understand cognitive functions as of this moment, especially in Ni or Ne (I tend to agree on both descriptions so I can't really say where I fall on to. ) But I could say I'm an Fe and Ti user. And I consider myself xNxx. (The only thing I knew for sure is I had a preference on intuition.)

And because of this, I'd like to ask for your help to enlighten me on this thing and help me understand which function do I really use.

Without further ado, here's my answers for the provided questionnaire:

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

As of this time, none. Except the hot weather here (I live in a tropical country btw.) I'm a male, early 20's (Please don't tell me to just live my life and observe myself, I look for answers for the topic itself, not an advice on how to live my life. You may say things may fall into place once I'm old, yes you're right about this, but it doesn't mean I spend my whole life trying to figure out what's my MBTI type.) and I lived and grew up with an ESTJ father and ISFJ mother. My mind is clear as of this moment.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

I chose this pic: (In case you can't see it, its a field full of greens grass)

flickr.com/photos/grantlsack/16799557430/in/explore-2015-03-31 (just copy and paste it in your browser)

It gave me an impression of a very windy place, and looking at it gives me a peace of mind because it make my mind felt it's free from all limiting aspects of the society. It makes my mind to think of anything without limits, evoking my sense of exploration and inquisitiveness, in which is the state of mind I'm really craving for.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Of course, I would be pissed off not because the car stopped unexpectedly, but it stopped me to see different places over a course of time. It's giving me a feeling of watching a really good movie, and just suddenly stopped. Outward reactions? Just calm, but screaming internally.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Depends on my mood to be honest. Because I know myself that I always had fickle interests for this things. If the concert did go well and made me feel that I want more, then I'd love to go in the afterparty. But if I felt overwhelmed and I really wanted to be alone after (this feeling is spontaneous) , then I'll be not joining the afterparty.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inwardly, considering that it hit my deepest held values, I'll be pissed off for sure, but then after a matter of seconds, my mind would automatically think of "why do they think that way? Perhaps their lives and experiences made them think that way..", making me consider their ideas in their perspectives, and eventually, I'll accept their ideas and my pissed-off feeling would go away.

Outwardly, II'll just tell them that let's not clash anymore and just hold on to our deepest values. And if they ever try to change mind, I'll just roll my eyes to them and tell them to stop that and just respect our opinions. I'm not the type of person who loves to moralize people.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I'll be pissed off to the one who/what caused it, but try to understand what did they do it. And then my pissed off feeling would go away because of understanding the situation objectively.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Do not make promise you can't keep. I came up with this after my parents broke their promise when I was little.

Always reciprocate to those who helped you before. Because you're an asshole if you don't. I came up with this because I can't help being angry to those people I helped before and not returning the favor. I don't always ask for help, and so it would hurt me a lot if the ones that I helped before didn't helped me back.

Never shove your belief onto others. They had their own perspectives in life, respect it. I came up with this because I hate being shoved by other beliefs.

Never make people wait for you They have their time invested on you, make the best out of it. And be professional.

Be weird Never listen to what others have told you what they think is right, always follow yourself.

When you help people, always make sure they can stand after you helped them. I have a penchant for rescuing problematic people. I even talked to a stranger once about her problems in life. It always make my heart jumps when I help people in general about their problems.

Never judge people about what they do I may be a total judger on the outside or physical looks and make fun of them sometimes (this is the only way I appreciate fashion), but when it comes to crime or weird actions. The first thing I had in mind was "why do they do it"? Even if it clashed with my personal values. This is why I love criminal movies, shows and books. Because I love studying people's perspectives in general.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

Well, that would be my Inquisitiveness and capability for deepening a concept that could apply for everything (is this a sign of Extroverted intuition? ) of course! My insights about people lead me to understand more and more about them, and so I could connect them into something far. Like how human personality shapes culture and politics and business income strategy (This is the the traits I could connect to ENTP personality type). Many of my friends told me I'm good at foresight and I'm close to a psychologist (this is why I could relate well to INFJ personality type)

And when I'm frustrated, God I hoped that I'm just shallow as a sensor. Being having a preference for intuition is hard. I could sense when people doesn't like me, I could sense the what would be the outcome in the future if I pursued this, leading me not to try anymore. This is why I still have no girlfriend as of this date, it's not that I'm scared to fail on courting women, rather, I fear relationships that wouldn't work out in the future and would only lead into something bad for both parties.

If I'm only a sensor, I wouldn't mind this things, just try for myself what would happen and that's it.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I treat them as my daily guide. But sometimes I don't follow them. They arise when I sense something not good, or anytime (It happens to be so spontaneous. But not always, and not sometimes)

9. a) What activities energize you most?

Being able to exercise my creativity by innovating and designing new products (this is why I can relate to ENTP), my opinion being heard, solving a very interesting phenomena or a mystery, helping people to cope up with their problems, making a formula out of all irrelevant data, asking the question "why?". Talking about the psychology of people, penetrating how they think, and understanding why people do certain things (This is why I can relate to INFJs.)

9.b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Travelling (it depends on the place though), talking to people so much, being alone for a long time, not being heard, my creativity is limited by the rules, SJ stuff. Dealing with too much details. Excessive criticism.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

My inquisitiveness, weirdness and talking about how people think. Because my friends are not fond of talking about deep stuff. When I do, my friends would just roll their eyes, wouldn't listen to me, and leave my heart broken. :(

And so, that's it MBTI experts! Looking forward for your inputs. :)
Give Reasons Huh! That's such a waste of energy.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
How could you tell that I have a grudge against observants? Please enlighten me with this.

Hmm, I read about ISFJ, and I can't really relate on this. My mom is an ISFJ, and we tend to clash a lot especially in our beliefs because she's a deep conservative and a strong catholic devotee. She had a very strong Si in a sense, and I don't. :(

Plus, I'm a very chaotic mess to be considered as an ISFJ.
I wish I knew, so that I could tell you. Just my intuition, I guess. ;)

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with having a grudge versus S-types?

Your relationship with your mother might make you have some negative connotations with her type. Parents can often be nagging and drive us nuts sometimes, especially if we don't share all values, but they often see through us and want the best for us in the end. Maybe your values simply are clashing? In what ways can you relate to your mother?

Another thing was how you seemed to look down upon S-types. I'm not sure if your narrow outlook on them is because you don't want to admit things in yourself or because there really is a misunderstanding in psychological language between you and these types. Can you say a little bit how you're having trouble with people like this?

ISFJs aren't dumb or shallow. They're a weird J because they don't necessarily judge people as hard as other Js. An ISFJ is also very concerned with perceived stable long-term relationships to even bother with it, much like you describe that you are. They can also be full of ideas and be very creative. I think the way you describe how you handle your feelings also matches ISFJ, they can be very private for an Fe-user. I'm not trying to pin you down as an S, just want you to look at them with an open mind.

How do you feel about critisism? And how do you think you learn best, by which methods? Also, could you tell about some of your interests and why they interest you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Your relationship with your mother might make you have some negative connotations with her type. Parents can often be nagging and drive us nuts sometimes, especially if we don't share all values, but they often see through us and want the best for us in the end. Maybe your values simply are clashing? In what ways can you relate to your mother?

Another thing was how you seemed to look down upon S-types. I'm not sure if your narrow outlook on them is because you don't want to admit things in yourself or because there really is a misunderstanding in psychological language between you and these types. Can you say a little bit how you're having trouble with people like this?

ISFJs aren't dumb or shallow. They're a weird J because they don't necessarily judge people as hard as other Js. An ISFJ is also very concerned with perceived stable long-term relationships to even bother with it, much like you describe that you are. They can also be full of ideas and be very creative. I think the way you describe how you handle your feelings also matches ISFJ, they can be very private for an Fe-user. I'm not trying to pin you down as an S, just want you to look at them with an open mind.

How do you feel about critisism? And how do you think you learn best, by which methods? Also, could you tell about some of your interests and why they interest you?
Hmm, now that you asked me that. Yep, I have a little grudge for them. Because I have been hurt mentally, berated and treated worthless by a lot of sensors that I met. Just because they find me weird and always out of this world. But don't get me wrong, I have no grudge for ALL Sensor types. I even love some of them. :)

I learn best by getting my hands dirty on something, blended by my knowledge on the theory, especially if I liked what I'm doing. But it doesn't mean I'm a sensor.

What interests me are developing applications for mobile or PC, making innovations such as controlling a robotic arm through the mind by using EEG headsets (This is why I relate to ENTP's). And analyzing people's intentions as to why do they do bad things. I short, behavioral and social psychology.

As to how I handle my feelings, yep I handle feelings like an ISFJ, since I knew myself using Fe heavily. But I'm not a very routine person compared to an ISFJ and sticking to what they know just like heavy Si users. I always try out new things for the sake of exploring it. And make conclusion out of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hmm, now that you asked me that. Yep, I have a little grudge for them. Because I have been hurt mentally, berated and treated worthless by a lot of sensors that I met. Just because they find me weird and always out of this world. But don't get me wrong, I have no grudge for ALL Sensor types. I even love some of them. :)

I learn best by getting my hands dirty on something, blended by my knowledge on the theory, especially if I liked what I'm doing. But it doesn't mean I'm a sensor.

What interests me are developing applications for mobile or PC, making innovations such as controlling a robotic arm through the mind by using EEG headsets (This is why I relate to ENTP's). And analyzing people's intentions as to why do they do bad things. I short, behavioral and social psychology.

As to how I handle my feelings, yep I handle feelings like an ISFJ, since I knew myself using Fe heavily. But I'm not a very routine person compared to an ISFJ and sticking to what they know just like heavy Si users. I always try out new things for the sake of exploring it. And make conclusion out of it.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
You shouldn't be so biased against S types, many of them are actually quite inquisitive and smart.

Anyway, I see either ISFJ and INFJ, leaning heavily towards ISFJ.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

You shouldn't be so biased against S types, many of them are actually quite inquisitive and smart.

Anyway, I see either ISFJ and INFJ, leaning heavily towards ISFJ.
Advice taken, yep that's true. I actually treated some S as my role model, such as Sherlock Holmes, who's an ISTP in my opinion. The reason I was looked up to him so high is his powers of extreme observation and heavy use of logic, in which I recognize that I lack.

Connecting to this why I think I'm not an ISFJ is, I have weak observation powers, even weaker than average. I tend to always lost my things, can't find the things I look for even it's already in front of me. And additional to that, I don't have any eye problems or whatsoever, I have a fair vision. But tend to get absent-minded a lot.

Btw, I read your thread, I love how you express yourself! Not bad for a 15 year old!

Anyway, could you justify why do you think I'm an Si user?

·
Registered
INTJ
1,481 Posts
The title intrigued me.. But it's such a long post so I'm out of here. I'm sure the experts could help you..

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
I'm just going to drop this here. I like this guy's videos, keep in mind that he sometimes can be a little harsh in his descriptions though. Maybe you'll find some things to relate to, or not relate to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts