Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this is going to be a major rant of anger. I have several people in my life that is trying to so call "help me" by telling me I need to make changes. They are clueless as to the things that has happened in my life that has led me to the way I am today. I am major pissed at these people. Granted these people "think" they are helping me but they are doing nothing but pissing me off. I know I am doing much better than these people I have already accomplished more in my life than these people would ever hope to accomplish. Yet they have the nerve to try to "fix" me? No No No NO NO NO NO. Do not try to "fix" me. What they are wanting is make me like them and I will not have it!!!! I will have none of it.

I am ANGRY!!!! I have no desire to be like other or act like others or look like others. I will be just who I am and no one has the right to "fix" me in the image that they want me to be.

I am ANGRY at those people. Every single one of them. I am just fine the way I am.

Ok rant over with.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Why are they telling you that they want to help? What is it that you're doing that deems unhealthy or harmful to yourself?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are they telling you that they want to help? What is it that you're doing that deems unhealthy or harmful to yourself?
People seem to think I want help when I do not. I am pressured to date when I choose to not date. They seem to think there is a part of me that needs fixing. I don't know. But it seems like when one starts others seem to follow. I cut them off and then they keep pressuring me and even when I say to back off they keep pressuring me. And I will take no more of it. I am just fine the way I am.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
People seem to think I want help when I do not. I am pressured to date when I choose to not date. They seem to think there is a part of me that needs fixing. I don't know. But it seems like when one starts others seem to follow. I cut them off and then they keep pressuring me and even when I say to back off they keep pressuring me. And I will take no more of it. I am just fine the way I am.
To hell with them, then. I am so angry when people think there's something wrong with you when heaven forbid, you're single for more than 5 minutes. Screw it.

If you're fine on your own, more power to you, yo! :)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To hell with them, then. I am so angry when people think there's something wrong with you when heaven forbid, you're single for more than 5 minutes. Screw it.

If you're fine on your own, more power to you, yo! :)
Yes, and I tell them that is the way I wish to live and they keep pressuring. I agree to HELL with them. I have accomplished more on my own than I ever could have with someone. Yet these people seem to think I would be better off if I changed to be like them. When I do not wish to be like them or anyone else. I just wish to be me and that is what I will be. I am perfectly fine just the way I am.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think you should tell them sternly and calmly that it is your choice to do what you are doing and you appreciate their advice but disagree. If they continue to press, you have the right to be a little sarcastic and say "Thanks, I got it." Anything more and you are all clear to tell them straight up that you are being annoyed by them and you will ask for their opinion if you want it. This allows you to be polite and direct and still defend yourself appropriately.

It's ok to tell people that you are getting annoyed by them, otherwise they just keep going. Though, I'm not saying to do this right off the bat with people of course. But repeatedly annoying you is just unfair to you.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you should tell them sternly and calmly that it is your choice to do what you are doing and you appreciate their advice but disagree. If they continue to press, you have the right to be a little sarcastic and say "Thanks, I got it." Anything more and you are all clear to tell them straight up that you are being annoyed by them and you will ask for their opinion if you want it. This allows you to be polite and direct and still defend yourself appropriately.

It's ok to tell people that you are getting annoyed by them, otherwise they just keep going. Though, I'm not saying to do this right off the bat with people of course. But repeatedly annoying you is just unfair to you.
The way I deal with it is to withdraw for a long time. Several days. I am hoping they will just go away. Then if they keep on and on like a few people have here lately I just get pissed and tell them to go away for a while. Then if they don't listen after a long time period I will tell them stronger. Then eventually I will just cut them off. I hate it when people try to fix me. When I get to this stage of being upset I am not far off from going off on them. A simple back off or I don't wish to be changed should be enough to get the message across.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I haaaaate that too! People always think I'm "too quiet" or "too sensitive" , but I'm not going to change one bit and I advise you not to change either :happy:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Yeah, I know the feeling, and it sucks. That's one thing that I like about the MBTI, learning that what works for me and how that won't always be what works for others. Unfortunately, not everyone in life knows this.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haaaaate that too! People always think I'm "too quiet" or "too sensitive" , but I'm not going to change one bit and I advise you not to change either :happy:
Thank you for understanding. I do just as I please no matter how much pressure I get. With the pressure I just get pissed and continue to do as I please.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I know the feeling, and it sucks. That's one thing that I like about the MBTI, learning that what works for me and how that won't always be what works for others. Unfortunately, not everyone in life knows this.
Some people just want to beat others into a mold just like the. And those molds don't work for me. I am great just the way I am. And will never change to meet others wants for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts