Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

So usually I'm very caring about other people. Heck, once I was IN LOVE with a guy and an acquaintance of mine approached me saying she liked him so I set them up (and it hurt like heck!).

But, I've been finding that people who continually wrong me make me feel really cold. Usually when I'm angry (which I don't get angry often) it's spontaneous outbursts and usually not pretty for who is on the receiving end. But it's short lived and given 24 hours tops I will apologize.

However, lately some one person has been consistently crossing me. And not in the big way that causes outbursts, but in smaller ways that I forgive and make excuses for them and forgive until... I realized recently that I've stopped caring at all. And this person is afraid of me now because I emotionally shut down when they come near. I don't talk to this person unless I have to (haha, if I don't like someone my feet will literally face the opposite direction so there are times I have conversations to people with my back to them and still they don't know I don't like them!). I feel cold, and I realized that I just don't care about this person at all. Which is a little frightening for me, I don't think this has ever happened before.

Even people I dislike venomously I still care about somewhat. I still feel something if they need help (that conflict of to help or not to help a person I don't like just because I'd feel guilty if I don't, haha). But for this person... I wouldn't help them. I don't care about them. I feel very cold around them.

Is this a normal thing? Because it's rather frightening for me, haha.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I don't know if there is a normal. You don't care for the person, OK. You just owe them courtesy and not outright rudeness. There's something good in everyone. Maybe look for that in the person?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I think that is totally normal.

Has this person brought any value to your life? Or are they just continuously taking value from it?

A person will naturally start to distance themselves from someone if they seem like a guaranteed negative threat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that is totally normal.

Has this person brought any value to your life? Or are they just continuously taking value from it?

A person will naturally start to distance themselves from someone if they seem like a guaranteed negative threat.
Huh. No value at all. I suppose that makes sense. It's just a little strange to feel myself emotionally shutting down when usually I'm very emotional, haha.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Huh. No value at all. I suppose that makes sense. It's just a little strange to feel myself emotionally shutting down when usually I'm very emotional, haha.
I realize not caring is an uncomfortable feeling for an ENFJ. The only thing we ask for is love and world harmony........

I found that one of the secrets of social interaction is value. More confident people subconsciously project greater self-value, and we have a hard time saying anything positive about people who demonstrate low value.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts