Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a kid I used to do something if I thought I could get away with it simply because it was fun. For example, I remember looking at all my christmas gifts under the tree and picking them up to try to guess what is was. There was one that looked like either a video game or a book and I wanted to know which. In the middle of the night I went to the gift, took it to the bathroom (the only safe haven a child knows), used a knife to carefully slit open the gift while preserving the wrapping, peeked in to see it was indeed a movie, and reversed the process. I loved that shit. Am I alone?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another story. I was staying at another house where I couldn't openly smoke. I've been smoking for years so fuck that if I can't. I snuck my bong in a bag. Waited for everyone to sleep. Went to the bathroom to fill up the water. Went outside to smoke. Dumped the water outside. Back in to jump on the computer and chat with people on the personality cafe. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sneaky.. I guess so
I have been reading my sister's diary (just started)
I like to memorize how her room is arranged so I can make it so I was not there at all and I also come up with words in case someone comes in or I knock over something I can't fix in time. I also sit on the floor so I don't warm up the chair or bed.
I'm doing research though. I'm not being mischevious :=P The info I get I won't spread around. There has been some trouble with her lately and I was glad to finally get an idea of how she thinks and sees things...

Oh I just remembered that at school I used to figure out times when people are around and I would make it so that I could have the rooms all to myself, sometimes the whole floor even... Not really sneaky, just clever planning :) But I also plan an escape route (where I am not seen at all) on the off chance groups of people intervene
Avoiding/dodging certain people in general
eiither physically or mentally
or getting information
I guess I do that quite a bit. I love the planning that goes with it, seeing all the holes that could be open and tracks that could be left behind.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I am definitely sneaky

But nobody ever takes my word for it

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing ;)

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
I used to do the same with presents, hehe. and yes I think I'm quite sneaky at times and I like it but its never anything bad or nasty just silly little things like telling someone what they've already bought me before opening it or telling subtle jokes that just go over the head of someone or say things in a way that looks friendly but is actually bitchy or pretend to steal something, that kind of thing :laughing:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I think everyone is sneaky in their own way. Simply knowing what most people are thinking give's you a advantage to be sneaky.
1. once i throw away my mothers cigarettes every-time she wasn't looking. This phase latest a few months.
2. I couldn't bring food into my room so I would find ways to get around it without really thinking about it

·
Registered
118 Posts
I do it too often. I can tune out my conscience though...

·
Registered
252 Posts
When I was very little.... I can get away with almost anything...
Most adults just believe in my so damn convincing face. I did lie once in a while

Then one day, I felt so bad because some body caught me up and did nothing about it. Not even trying to tell my parents.
I promised myself not to be sneaky again since then... until now :(

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Lol... well when I paintball or play CoD, or any time it's applicable, I 100% rely upon sneaking.

I used to try to sneak up on my dad and scare him, but if he's any indication, INTPs are IMPOSSIBLE to scare. He used to just turn around and go "Hi" after I jumped out. Got me so frustrated.... >_>

Only time I ever got him, he was in an art gallery.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
It's easy to do when you are "invisible" to the world. Haha....

It's funny remembering what a room looks like so you make sure everything goes back to where it's suppose to. That way when a toy gets taken, you can sneak in an play with it and put it back the exact way it's suppose to. Also when you are too young to watch R rated movies, it's nice to remember layouts of the tapes so everything goes back the same way it's suppose to and unnoticeable. There are others but probably not going to share "all" my secrets. Haha...

Reactions: Nynnu

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I generally hate being sneaky. It makes me feel guilty and anxious. I'm inherently an honest and open person, and trying to not be that way stresses me out. Not to mention I'm just not any good at being sneaky.

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
As a kid I used to do something if I thought I could get away with it simply because it was fun. For example, I remember looking at all my christmas gifts under the tree and picking them up to try to guess what is was. There was one that looked like either a video game or a book and I wanted to know which. In the middle of the night I went to the gift, took it to the bathroom (the only safe haven a child knows), used a knife to carefully slit open the gift while preserving the wrapping, peeked in to see it was indeed a movie, and reversed the process. I loved that shit. Am I alone?
I try to be sneaky, but I always blow my cover. I am not calculating enough. Darn it... I do like to be mischevious though. When I was in high school I skipped schol a lot just because it was against the rules. I like to speed just because it is against the rules. I used to have warrants out for my arrest, and it made me feel bad to the bone.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
I try to be sneaky, but I always blow my cover. I am not calculating enough. Darn it... I do like to be mischevious though. When I was in high school I skipped schol a lot just because it was against the rules. I like to speed just because it is against the rules. I used to have warrants out for my arrest, and it made me feel bad to the bone.
You had warrants out for your arrest???

This is makes of think of the Van Halen song "I Can't Drive 55". :laughing:

--------

As for me, I always stick out like a sore thumb. I don't think I could be sneaky.

Maybe I can be a rebel like Cleo though- a rebel without a cause. :cool:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I once snuck my kitten into a hotel (when I wasn't supposed to). She fit right into my bag.... how'd she get in there? :bored:

And when I was a kid, my parents had a strict bed-time for me, but I would always read under the covers after they turned lights off (with a flash light). :wink:

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
I once snuck my kitten into a hotel (when I wasn't supposed to). She fit right into my bag.... how'd she get in there? :bored:

And when I was a kid, my parents had a strict bed-time for me, but I would always read under the covers after they turned lights off (with a flash light). :wink:

Oh yeah, and I used to sneak out of the house when every one was asleep.

Who cares, I am not running for president. The cool thing about psychologists is that it is expected for them to be disfunctional. I am not a pscyhologist yet, but I think that is the road I am taking. That or maybe I will be seeing one. Hahahaha

·
Registered
252 Posts
Anger.... usually is the main reason behind my 'sneaky-ness'
Certainly need to find a way to deal with my personal emotion within

Many say that I am way too tense all the time

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
You're not alone Ertertwert!

I've been sneaky too. I was always so shy. In first grade my parents dropped me off at the last minute. So I used to skip class by staying in a open room between the meeting place and the passage to the meeting place. It's reminding me of some very, very personal things, so I'll leave it with the fact that I snuck around the school until somebody found me. I was just shy.

Throughout later years in grade school my mom slept during the day, and left for work two hours after I got home from school. So I spent my time silently doing everything in consideration of my moms' work schedule. I have always had a high interest in the stealth aspect of gaming as well. My favorite outside game growing up was hide and seek, which turned into 'tag and you're out' as players were discovered.

If I didn't mind my noise levels outside home, I would scare my friends. Now I just wear shoes that I can make noise in. I'm still silent on socks though..

Yeah ertertwert, you're definitely not alone.

Reactions: ertertwert
1 - 20 of 27 Posts