Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's funny cause whenever an ENFJ/ESFJ happens to 'spot' me, I can never get rid of them, they're just so happy, friendly, bubbly to see me :crazy: And then they just 'cling' to me and put forward a lot of emotional energy and don't stop talking to me. It's happened a few times before and all those times, I just wanted to hide, I can't handle so much Fe. I've had two INFJs cling to me before, one when I was in elementary school and the other at high school. And then the more they clung to me, the more it made me want to run away and have some more personal (emotional?) space, those two friendships didn't end well, with me wanting a bit more distance but them wanting to close in that distance :unsure: But I loved having them as friends apart from that. I recently had an ISFJ friend who clung to me a LOT too.

Do other INTPs feel that Fe-dom and Fe-aux types cling to them?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yessss. I've had a lot of Fe types view me as emotionally strong or resiliant. A lot of ESFJs and INFJs are looking out for other people most of their lives. I think they think it's nice to just rest easy in the inferior Fe And dominant Ti. It somehow makes them feel relaxed or protected. Although, if they don't know you well, it'll just make them uneasy because they'll think you dislike them... but most of the Dom Fe and aux Fe are able to look further than that.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I dunno, I think that might be an xxFJ thing in general- they do that to me too, and I'm nowhere near as cuddly as your average INTP

Reactions: Airess3

·
Registered
596 Posts
nah, they can be annoying to argue with though

·
Registered
INTP
1,052 Posts
Not any girls sadly. And if they do, I'm too oblivious to notice. I think I'd have to be the most oblivious soul on the planet though.

But I seem to attract ENTJ and ENFJ guys as potential friends or buddies. And it's creeping me out sometimes. Since we're talking about NF's, there was this ENFJ guy at my university a few years ago that I barely spoke two words with before he started acting weird. And every time I saw him he was more friendly with me than with anyone else. I've never experienced such behavior and I was kind of suspicious. He was acting like he thought that I was cool and he wanted to be my friend. I've never been the cool one that others wanted to befriend. And I know for a fact that he's not gay. Even if he was he wouldn't have behaved the way that he did. He'd ask me questions to weird topics like he knew that I'd be interested in answering. He was definitely trying to become my friend. But my trust issues prevailed. If I wasn't so suspicious and defensive maybe I wouldn't have been friendless right now. I would have had my very own ENFJ to corrupt.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not any girls sadly. And if they do, I'm too oblivious to notice. I think I'd have to be the most oblivious soul on the planet though.

But I seem to attract ENTJ and ENFJ guys as potential friends or buddies. And it's creeping me out sometimes. Since we're talking about NF's, there was this ENFJ guy at my university a few years ago that I barely spoke two words with before he started acting weird. And every time I saw him he was more friendly with me than with anyone else. I've never experienced such behavior and I was kind of suspicious. He was acting like he thought that I was cool and he wanted to be my friend. I've never been the cool one that others wanted to befriend. And I know for a fact that he's not gay. Even if he was he wouldn't have behaved the way that he did. He'd ask me questions to weird topics like he knew that I'd be interested in answering. He was definitely trying to become my friend. But my trust issues prevailed. If I wasn't so suspicious and defensive maybe I wouldn't have been friendless right now. I would have had my very own ENFJ to corrupt.
Yeah, that is creepy, I would've acted the same way. I know how it feels, I've been friendless for a few months at uni this year before I finally got the guts to talk to someone. Well, since he's an ENFJ and ENFJs normally like to take care of others, maybe that's why he wanted to befriend you?

·
Registered
INTP
1,052 Posts
He went out of his way to engage in conversations with me. I live in a pretty extroverted environment. It's quite possible that most people here have never even met an INTP before me, especially not an extreme INTP like me. As creepy as it sounds, I'm probably quite a treat to ENTJ's and ENFJ's. Maybe some INFJ's like me too but they're too mystical to display it. Which is why I like them.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Yessss. I've had a lot of Fe types view me as emotionally strong or resiliant. A lot of ESFJs and INFJs are looking out for other people most of their lives. I think they think it's nice to just rest easy in the inferior Fe And dominant Ti. It somehow makes them feel relaxed or protected. Although, if they don't know you well, it'll just make them uneasy because they'll think you dislike them... but most of the Dom Fe and aux Fe are able to look further than that.
Probably explains why I have 6 friends who are INFJ, lol.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
How so?

Just curious. Not trying to argue with you or anything. :ninja:
They tend to express and defend ideas they know don't make rational sense for the sake of nicety.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts