Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry, remind* Anyways, I always get people telling me that I remind them of someone. It's not like I get offended but it does bug me that I can't figure out why this always happens, especially since I feel like a pretty unique individual and don't really like the way most people act (even though they would never know I think that unless they deserved it somehow). I can be pretty blunt, but always with good intentions and get lots of laughs most the time. Just wondering if other INFP's get this a lot...

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Yes. They always say they remind me of someone else who is weird but likable in their eyes.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I get that sometimes from my mom's friends or once from a co worker, and it's always some quiet person that they want to force me to hang out with. I'm too old for play dates.:frustrating:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
at camp, this girl asked me if she knew me, because i looked familiar. it was her first year at camp, so of course i said no. that's the only time that's happened, though

·
Registered
242 Posts
Weird. This happens to me, too. They can never think of who it is, though.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Maybe it's about your look that makes you similar with someone?
Some people sometimes tell me that I look like similar to someone too but it's usually about appearance.
For example: I look similar with my sister so it's not surprise for me if someone reacquaints that ;)

·
Registered
926 Posts
I get it almost never. I'd say it depends on how much one is out there. If people don't remember you they cannot compare you to others. =)

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
No, not really. My family will compare me to my INTP uncle and NFJ aunt sometimes, but that's about it. Honestly, they are some of the few people I can see myself in.... People tend to not know what to make of me.

As for appearance, I've been told my face is "distinctive", and while I occasionally have been compared to celebs, it's never the same one every time, because I don't truly resemble anyone famous strongly. Even within my family, there is a family resemblance at best; I don't look just like anyone.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have been told I look like someone famous...the list is pretty funny: Sarah Palin, Tracey Ullman, Audrey Tatou, and the character Abby from NCIS. The latter probably because I dress a little goth.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I've been told that I look like several famous people and often it's not true at all.

Also, my sister likes to point out that any quirky person in a movie is me. For example, apparently I'm Juno.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I don't think I've ever been told that I remind people of someone... I've been told I look like certain celebrities though. I've gotten Mila Kunis, Vanessa Hudgens, and Sophia Bush.... Mila Kunis I've gotten more than once, though. While it's very flattering I don't see it at all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
One of my closest friends at college decided we just had to be friends because I reminded her so strongly of her best friend from high school. I was baffled by this at first, but then I actually met her best friend from high school. He's awesome. While we're definitely not the same person, we have very similar senses of humor and ways of interacting with the world. I am now immensely flattered when my friend makes that comparison!

My other friends all say that they've never met anyone quite like me before, though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts